PDA

View Full Version : New rider in East Tennessee

Captain Kidd
03-11-2018, 05:50 PM
Hello! I just got my 2012 RT-SE5 delivered. So excited! I've ridden for years, as a passenger in the 80s and 90s and then got my M endorsement in the early 2000s. I've had a few bikes from a few brands and have always loved motorcycles and this is a totally new ride for me! Unfortunately, DH has zero interest in riding, so this is a hobby I do on my own. Not sure if any of the other ladies out there have the same situation, but anyways I am hopeful to meet some other folks on Spyders. I love to talk bikes. Wishing you all safe and fun rides for 2018!

Motorcycledave
03-11-2018, 07:12 PM
You will not have any trouble finding a riding chum / buddy
there are a bunch of lady riders out there that ride Spyders
that are women.... stay tuned they will respond I am sure
Ride Safe
Dave

Hello! I just got my 2012 RT-SE5 delivered. So excited! I've ridden for years, as a passenger in the 80s and 90s and then got my M endorsement in the early 2000s. I've had a few bikes from a few brands and have always loved motorcycles and this is a totally new ride for me! Unfortunately, DH has zero interest in riding, so this is a hobby I do on my own. Not sure if any of the other ladies out there have the same situation, but anyways I am hopeful to meet some other folks on Spyders. I love to talk bikes. Wishing you all safe and fun rides for 2018!

BigGuy66
03-11-2018, 07:22 PM
and congratulations :congrats: on your new-to-you Spyder. You will absolutely love the ride. Give yourself some miles on the road to get comfortable. There is a period of time to learn how the Spyder handles. Be sure to check out the info here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41346-quot-Do-s-and-Do-Nots-quot-for-new-Spyder-owners where you will find lots of great help. Too, also ask questions of the knowledgeable riders here on the forum. Each is friendly and helpful. Welcome!

ARtraveler
03-11-2018, 07:25 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ryde. :yes::yes:

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-11-2018, 10:02 PM
:yes::yes::congrats: :welcome:.... After mastering the Spyder riding technique you will find you are spending less and less time riding the H.D.. Even if I could safely return to two wheels I wouldn't .... if you haven't found the Thread about the Spyder learning curve " Do's and Dont's " .... it's listed at the top of forum page ..... I am looking to re-locate to East Tenn. , probably Marysville or Sevierville area etc. ..... There are quite a few riders located in Knoxville area and another in Lancaster " kyspydergal " .................good luck, Mike :thumbup:

GeorgiaMary
03-12-2018, 07:52 AM
I'm also new to Spyder world. Picked up a 2012 RT LTD yesterday and rode it home in the rain with a trailer nearly 300 miles. I'm looking for some warm dry weather to really get the feel of it.

I'm in Hiawassee, GA. Send me a PM if we are close enough to plan a ride or two. When the weather gets better.

Mary

Captain Kidd
03-12-2018, 11:04 AM
I'm also new to Spyder world. Picked up a 2012 RT LTD yesterday and rode it home in the rain with a trailer nearly 300 miles. I'm looking for some warm dry weather to really get the feel of it.

I'm in Hiawassee, GA. Send me a PM if we are close enough to plan a ride or two. When the weather gets better.

Mary

Congrats! I will let you know! Safe travels

Captain Kidd
03-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! The "Do and Don't" sticky was EXCELLENT. I ordered my SpyderPops guard before the bike even arrived. Lots of great advice on here!

Deanna777
03-12-2018, 05:32 PM
:welcome: and Congrats!

:nopic:

Deanna

slick999
03-12-2018, 06:11 PM
Welcome,there is some nice riding down there.I have a brother who lives in Maryville.I got to get my spyder down there one of these years to ride those roads in the smokies.

pwm
03-12-2018, 07:58 PM
Welcome. There are a bunch of us that live in Knoxville and surrounding areas. We ride most every weekend (when I'm not out of town working). You are more than welcome to ride with us.

Captain Kidd
03-13-2018, 09:51 AM
:welcome: and Congrats!

:nopic:

Deanna

Thank you! I will put update my profile pic!

MR. H1956
04-12-2018, 08:04 AM
Welcome to the:spyder2: family. May you have many happy miles on the new ride. Happy Trails. Rick and Kay in nashville.