PDA

View Full Version : Wrasslin with the Battery

spyderider1
03-10-2018, 12:35 PM
Just watching the snow melt here in Wisconsin has me thinking about the Spyder. Shouldn't be too much longer but in the mean time.......
How the heck do we reinstall the battery on this thing? (2016 RT, the battery is behind the Frunk) I removed the battery last fall when it went into storage and have kept it on a maintainer during the winter months. Placement and reattaching the cables is a no-brainer but I can't get the top plate, the one that the bungee hooks onto, to grab anything. There's two tabs facing upward when in position that go somewhere but I can't see under the opening where this plate hooks with the molding. I did a search on YouTube but nothing came up showing the attachment procedure.

If anyone has some thoughts on this I'd be glad to hear them. Thanks!

trikermutha
03-10-2018, 01:19 PM
There is a picture on this thread of how the battery looks when installed.

It should help you out

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?111264-Ultimate-Seat-and-more-build-pics

spyderider1
03-10-2018, 02:35 PM
Different model but same application, thanks. Mine has molding across the top and none of the cables and components are visible which makes it hard to line up the two tabs on the top. Any other thoughts are welcomed.

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-10-2018, 03:25 PM
Does this help? It's from the service manual. If you don't have one, and plan to do work on your Spyder, it's a very worthwhile investment for about $30. www.canammanuals.com (http://www.canammanuals.com)

The bracket can be a pain to get into the right place. You have to tilt it up as far as you have room for. Make sure the battery cables, etc., aren't interfering. It's best to keep the cables out of the way and connect them to the battery after you have the bracket in place.

spyderider1
03-10-2018, 04:42 PM
BINGO! Thanks Idaho, I think you've got it. I should be able to reference those two slots with the adjacent bolt heads. I hate to waste good cuss words on a simple issue like this, I'll save those for another day for something more challenging.:D