PDA

View Full Version : How to sync data on Android devices question.

wyliec
03-09-2018, 02:46 PM
I have a Samsung 8+ smart phone, and a Samsung S2 9.7 tablet. I have the same app on both devices, and I notice the data does no sync/share between devices. I used google to see if I could find out how to sync, and it wasn't helpful. I have a device that checks blood flow, heart rate, and oxygen level, and it's connected to both devices thru bluetooth. When I take a reading on one device, it does not share with the other device. Any techie out there that can help?

Thanks

Culpjp
03-09-2018, 03:12 PM
Ask the device manufacturer, or the publisher of the app. If I want my blood glucose app to sync across devices you have to pay extra for the premium version. You might need to do this with your monitor, or they might not have that functionality in the app yet, but may be working on it for a future update.

Bob Denman
03-09-2018, 03:15 PM
:opps: The easiest solution might be to just use one device... :dontknow:

mcan1x
03-09-2018, 03:18 PM
Normally for an app like this to work, you'd need a log on with the data shared on the cloud or an option to sync data like some of the password apps.
Good luck.

wyliec
03-09-2018, 03:20 PM
:opps: The easiest solution might be to just use one device... :dontknow:

You're right.

Bob Denman
03-09-2018, 03:35 PM
:opps: I'd rather NOT be... I hope that there's a workable solution out there for you: good luck! :thumbup:

wyliec
03-09-2018, 03:46 PM
:opps: I'd rather NOT be... I hope that there's a workable solution out there for you: good luck! :thumbup:

The final answer from Samsung of India is: The phone and tablet read and store data differently. No big deal.

Easy Rider
03-09-2018, 04:48 PM
The final answer from Samsung of India is: The phone and tablet read and store data differently. No big deal.

Unless Samsung wrote the software for the app......they are not qualified to give you the right answer......which they didn't do.

The app apparently is "self contained" on the device it runs on and has no common data storage on the "cloud" or any ability to share directly with another device.