PDA

View Full Version : My first Spyder

khgolf
03-08-2018, 03:50 PM
So I love speed and plans were to go back to riding crotch rockets but my wife didn't like my plan....So here I am. Three weeks ago I went out and purchased a 2017 Spyder F3-T cause they seemed to have some sport to them and a backseat to keep her happy. I'm learning to get use to not dragging my knee and hoping to have some fun with this new machine. The only thing I can say that has stood out to me is I think they need another gear. RPM's seem high at highway speeds around 80 mph. I'm looking forward to learning lots of great info from all of you and thanks for letting me join.

Chupaca
03-08-2018, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the spyder world and this most interesting site. Congrats on the new ryde...:2thumbs: you have the low RPM model we of the die hard clan ryding the GS/RS/RSS models with only 5 speeds cruise at 6,000 and above and the twin loves it. You will get used to it and once you see that this a whole new type of ryding, not to be compared to any other, you will love it. :ohyea:

Bob Denman
03-08-2018, 06:05 PM
:welcome:, and 1330club :2thumbs:
:nopic:

gerald37
03-08-2018, 06:29 PM
It will take you a 1,000 miles before you really will start liking it. The first 3 to 400 miles I thought I had really made a big mistake trading two wheels for this. Now I would not go back to my two wheels. Not that I would not like to have another bike but I know I would not ride it enough to justify owning another bike. I have a 2015 Spyder RT semi automatic and love it. If I was to purchase a new one I would probably get an F3 Limited a little more sporty.

Deanna777
03-08-2018, 08:31 PM
:welcome: and Congrats! :nopic:

We are here to help, ask questions. Be sure to take a look at the "Vendors" on the "Homepage of this site. The vendors on this site have excellent customer service, and spyder farkles( accessories) ideas.

Deanna

ARtraveler
03-10-2018, 06:10 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ryde. :yes:

Redline is over 7500 rpms. The :ani29: does not mind the high rpms.

SteveP
03-11-2018, 08:41 AM
You will be hooked after a little time of getting the feel of these . The “ sporty “ part for me happens when my wife doesn’t feel like going ( not often ) or when I can think of a good excuse to pop over to the store .... the loooooong way of course ;)

ofdave
03-11-2018, 08:48 AM
as said, it will take a few miles to get comfortable on three wheels
4100rpm at 80 is not uncommon for many bikes-coming from crotch rockets it should feel almost normal
the F3T is one of the best looking Spyders to me