PDA

View Full Version : "American Choippers" is Back.

Bob Denman
03-02-2018, 10:55 AM
Did anybody else watch it? :dontknow:
After the big blow-up about a decade ago: it appears that the story of this show will be: "Now that they're talking: can they work together again?"
I personally hope that it finally gets around to showing more about the bikes that they are building: I stopped watching the original show when it was all about who could yell and swear the loudest.
Paul Sr. looks like Hell... nojoke

DGoebel
03-02-2018, 10:56 AM
Don't most old HD riders? It's all that shakin and loud pipes.....

Chupaca
03-02-2018, 12:17 PM
I also stopped watching when it was all about the bickering.... till then they had some great builds...:thumbup: didn't know they were going to give it another go....good luck

oldguyinTX
03-02-2018, 12:22 PM
I just read that Jr. filed for bankruptcy.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/american-chopper-star-paul-teutul-jr-files-bankruptcy-215353365.html

Bob Denman
03-02-2018, 12:28 PM
It seems that all of the major players in that show have filed... Perhaps they "kissed and made up", so that Discovery Channel's "Po of Gold" would open up to them? :dontknow:

ARtraveler
03-02-2018, 02:53 PM
The reality shows have moved to drama between persons. The original stuff like building custom motorcycles or digging for gold has long ago been dropped.

We don't watch the programs any more. :yes:

RinconRyder
03-02-2018, 03:50 PM
Add this show to the myriad of reasons motorcyclists have a bad public persona.

MR. H1956
03-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Don't most old HD riders? It's all that shakin and loud pipes.....
Amen to that my friend. It was funny. Thats why they all wear doo -drags they have shook all their hair off the top of their heads

UtahPete
03-02-2018, 05:00 PM
Not a fan of reality shows. 'The Apprentice' killed it for me.

Bob Denman
03-02-2018, 05:39 PM
Add this show to the myriad of reasons motorcyclists have a bad public persona.
Not Motorcyclists: just motorcycle builders! :D

UtahPete
03-02-2018, 05:58 PM
I think the public understands by now there's nothing 'real' about 'reality' shows. :joke:

Bob Denman
03-02-2018, 06:11 PM
Actually: that is a PURE reality show! nojoke
I know folks who went to School with ALL of them!
They fight like that even when there aren't any cameras around.

asp125
03-02-2018, 08:27 PM
Are bikes like that even relevant these days? It's been years since builders are doing choppers; they've all gone over to bobbers and cafe racers and even those designs are played out.

ThreeWheels
03-02-2018, 08:52 PM
I stopped watching it when all the drama overshadowed the bikes. I wanted to see bikes being built, not chairs being thrown.
It was like that old joke, I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.
If I want screaming and yelling, I have any number of ex-wives I can call.
I was up at OCC about a year and a half ago. They put in a restaurant, anything to make money.
It's pretty clear the show made the money, not the bikes.
I think Senior was all 'roided up. I don't have any proof, but that's probably why he was so big, and always so angry.
Again, speculating, most guys I've seen who give up steroids wither away to almost nothing, and then recover.
I watched about 10 minutes of this first episode. He actually looked pretty good.
He went through a time when I thought he had cancer.
I lost my dad a few years ago. If they can piece their family together more power to them.
Still, if I want to see that kind of drama, I'll watch the Hallmark channel.

I'm waxing poetic about American Choppers ??????
Boy oh boy, this snowstorm must be getting to me.
Riding my Spyder last week. This week back to skiing.

RinconRyder
03-02-2018, 09:08 PM

The public does not make that distinction.

asp125
03-02-2018, 09:57 PM
OTOH I do miss Mikey and his antics. And Cody apparently got screwed out of the old school bike he was building.

trikermutha
03-03-2018, 06:58 AM

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/american-chopper-star-paul-teutul-jr-files-bankruptcy-215353365.html

I heard it was SR that filed for Bankruptcy not JR> But then again what do I know. :dontknow: THe Fake news is always out there :roflblack:

bikerbillone
03-03-2018, 07:07 AM

Some discussion on whether it was Jr or Sr that filed. Whoever it was, a new show should be a help to both of them, if they can swallow their pride and get along. I suspect they can get along most of the time, money is a great motivator. I'm guessing it's back on the Discovery channel.