PDA

View Full Version : went to the track today

tweeder
05-24-2009, 10:21 PM
I went to the local track that has weekend races about once a month. My best time was 8.64 in the eighth bracket style with a trap speed of 82mph. That time was what broke me out in the first round of eliminations against a bussa witha dial in of 7.00 and ran a 7.19. I didn't feel bad as the day before he took the bike/sled class. I dialed in a 8.69 as that was my fastest but ran pretty consistant with 8.7's. My times were getting faster as I went unless I smoked the tire off the line like I did twice. My times were as followes: 9.01(smoked tire), 8.70, 8.68(red light), 8.96(smoked tire), 8.70, 8.64. All in all I had a blast, just need to work on getting the tree dialed in. On the red light I left on the second yellow but the rest I tried for the last yellow. What I wouldn't mind is finding a spare used rear rim and putting a cheater slick or a really sticky tire to help out so I don't have to bog it off the line or risk going up in smoke.

Neez
05-24-2009, 11:50 PM
I see you're from western Canada, Tweeder. Would your run have been made at Mission Raceways by any chance? I would love to see some Spyders compete here against bikers. Don't have the nerves for it myself, unfortunately.

Just Doo Me
05-25-2009, 04:15 AM
What distance are the runs? 1000ft or 1/4 mile?:thumbup:Did you play with the Juicebox at all to find a sweet spot?:clap:

gazey
05-25-2009, 04:23 AM
Guday Tweeder,
I can only assume your times are for 1/4 mile or 400 meter strip. (excuse my ignorance :opps:)
Thanks for the info, I was wondering what sort times these machines could do.
I noticed that you have done a few performance mods.
Did you do any runs before your mods.
How much difference do think the mods have made to your times.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

gazey
05-25-2009, 04:26 AM
What distance are the runs? 1000ft or 1/4 mile?:thumbup:Did you play with the Juicebox at all to find a sweet spot?:clap:
Sorry man, you asked the same quetion while I was typing mine :joke:

NancysToy
05-25-2009, 07:14 AM
Gotta be eigth mile. No vehicle runs eights in the quarter at only 82 mph. Eight second times for a quarter mile will usualy net speeds of 150 and up. Take it from an old drag racer.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

mike3069
05-25-2009, 08:02 AM
I went to the local track that has weekend races about once a month. My best time was 8.64 in the eighth bracket style with a trap speed of 82mph.
:dontknow:

tweeder
05-25-2009, 11:37 AM
I see you're from western Canada, Tweeder. Would your run have been made at Mission Raceways by any chance? I would love to see some Spyders compete here against bikers. Don't have the nerves for it myself, unfortunately.

Nope the drag racers association around here have aquired an old runway that doesn't get used anymore and repaved it and we use that. Mission is about a 20 hour drive from me.

tweeder
05-25-2009, 11:47 AM

We run the 1/8 mile here wich is about 660 feet, not enough room for a safe shut down to fun the 1/4. I had set the juice box on mode 6 when I installed it. But just before my last run I was getting a check engine light that would come and go if I shut the machine off and restart. I checked the box and it was back on the 1'st stage so I put it back to 6 and made my last run that was my fastest... to fast.

tweeder
05-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Guday Tweeder,
I can only assume your times are for 1/4 mile or 400 meter strip. (excuse my ignorance :opps:)
Thanks for the info, I was wondering what sort times these machines could do.
I noticed that you have done a few performance mods.
Did you do any runs before your mods.
How much difference do think the mods have made to your times.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Nope 1/8 mile. I've not been to the track with it stock. I can physically feel the difference the mods have made, it really pulls harder now.

tweeder
05-25-2009, 12:00 PM

Bracket racing is where you make a few runs down the track to get a time. This is your dial in time. The idea it to get the closest to your dial in time than the other racer does to his, the key is consistancy. They set the tree up so that the slower racer leaves first while the other racer waits untill his light goes green and chases the other racer down. In theory they should get down to the end at the same time. This way you don't have to have the fastest car to win. Trap speed is what your doing when you cross the finish line

Roger
05-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Mike help me out i'am missing something if stock bike can do 60mph in 4.5 sec. what would be the distance 1/8 of a mile or less. :2thumbs:

tweeder
05-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Mike help me out i'am missing something if stock bike can do 60mph in 4.5 sec. what would be the distance 1/8 of a mile or less. :2thumbs:

Its less than the 1/8 mile as I did 82 mph. Its probably closer to the 500 foot mark?

Roger
05-25-2009, 02:05 PM
I got it now the coffee is kicking in. :coffee:

bubbahetzel
05-25-2009, 03:14 PM
I am also thinking of taking the Spyder to the track. Are you using the stock clutch? And if so how did it hold up?

tweeder
05-25-2009, 05:47 PM
I am also thinking of taking the Spyder to the track. Are you using the stock clutch? And if so how did it hold up?

No problem I left like I would on the street and changed gears the same.

Just Doo Me
05-25-2009, 06:45 PM
We run the 1/8 mile here wich is about 660 feet, not enough room for a safe shut down to fun the 1/4. I had set the juice box on mode 6 when I installed it. But just before my last run I was getting a check engine light that would come and go if I shut the machine off and restart. I checked the box and it was back on the 1'st stage so I put it back to 6 and made my last run that was my fastest... to fast.Please correct me if i'm wrong as I am still trying to figure out the settings on the Juicebox,so you said you used mode 6 then it reset to mode 1.It's my understanding that the JB comes from TwoBros. with each mode set as a total map,you can then tweak each of the modes or just a few to address where you want the gas to be added.For eg. in the second mode yellow you want to add fuel for accelaration,with the bike running push mode button till you get to the flashing yellow light ,now press the plus button to add gas and change the setting from 2 to say 4 now go to another say red do the same this will add fuel under full throttle operation go from 1 to 3 this will now be saved and the box will always return to a slow flashing green led as this is the norm.All 6 modes could be changed if wanted to make a custom map.

tweeder
05-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Please correct me if i'm wrong as I am still trying to figure out the settings on the Juicebox,so you said you used mode 6 then it reset to mode 1.It's my understanding that the JB comes from TwoBros. with each mode set as a total map,you can then tweak each of the modes or just a few to address where you want the gas to be added.For eg. in the second mode yellow you want to add fuel for accelaration,with the bike running push mode button till you get to the flashing yellow light ,now press the plus button to add gas and change the setting from 2 to say 4 now go to another say red do the same this will add fuel under full throttle operation go from 1 to 3 this will now be saved and the box will always return to a slow flashing green led as this is the norm.All 6 modes could be changed if wanted to make a custom map.

My understanding too. With mode 6 its set at max power, but you can tweek it in that stage too; i've not gotten around to it yet.

0228lisa
05-25-2009, 07:52 PM

I second that :dontknow:Mr. Costner. Haven't see you around....:D

ataDude
05-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Please correct me if i'm wrong as I am still trying to figure out the settings on the Juicebox...

Oh, man... I forgot all about you... sorry about that. :opps: I've been laying tile, grouting and and then painting. Fun stuff.

Tomorrow OK?

tweeder
05-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Oh, man... I forgot all about you... sorry about that. :opps: I've been laying tile, grouting and and then painting. Fun stuff.

Tomorrow OK?

Pass on the info to me if ya don't mind

ataDude
05-26-2009, 08:28 PM

Tomorrow OK?

Pass on the info to me if ya don't mind

just doo me and tweeder... here're my settings for dual, free-flowing pipes and stock filter:

Mode 2: 3.0
Mode 3: 4.5
Mode 4: 3.0
Mode 5: 6.0
Mode 6: 5.0

Sorry for the delay!

tweeder
05-26-2009, 11:36 PM
just doo me and tweeder... here're my settings for dual, free-flowing pipes and stock filter:

Mode 2: 3.0
Mode 3: 4.5
Mode 4: 3.0
Mode 5: 6.0
Mode 6: 5.0

Sorry for the delay!

What would you change for the racing intake?

ataDude
05-27-2009, 09:51 AM
What would you change for the racing intake?

I ran it with the "factory" settings with the racing air intake... not sure at this time what those were. Loved the performance... hated the intake noise.

Just Doo Me
06-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Anyone find a good setup for the Juicebox using a Hindle pipe with performance air filter? I have tried Lamont's and Evans settings but they use a different pipe filter combo, it's better but I still have to do some tuning,a little rich on the bottom .I have some settings from ATAdude but he has twin pipe combo that will differ from the Hindle I would think.In the mean time I will play with it to see what may work.:popcorn: