PDA

View Full Version : Speakers and audio unit on a 2009

Stridersr7
03-01-2018, 10:51 AM
So I see on my dash there are vents on the left and right. Is this just for looks? Wondering about putting indoor outdoor radio and speakers on it with Bluetooth and thought that might be a good spot for the speakers. What do you all use and do you have pix of it?

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-01-2018, 11:09 AM
So I see on my dash there are vents on the left and right. Is this just for looks? Wondering about putting indoor outdoor radio and speakers on it with Bluetooth and thought that might be a good spot for the speakers. What do you all use and do you have pix of it? I had an 09 GS, and added a " Shark " audio system to it....... cost about $100.00 ...... It's radio function was poor ( bad reception ) but I only used it to stream music via my MP-3 ............... very good system and cost effective ....... Lamont used them on His wife's 2015 F-3 which had the same structural limitations as the GS ............. good luck .... Mike :thumbup:

Stridersr7
03-01-2018, 11:13 AM
So tj comes with speakers? Wonder where best place to put them. Also just doing Bluetooth to phone was fine?

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-01-2018, 12:38 PM
So tj comes with speakers? Wonder where best place to put them. Also just doing Bluetooth to phone was fine?
.........." tj " ?????? .......... I have no idea what that means ....... Mike :thumbup:

Stridersr7
03-01-2018, 12:49 PM
Idk why when I tried to say “it” it came out as TJ

Warlock
03-01-2018, 01:01 PM

I found over the years the add on systems do pretty good till you pass 70 mph. My best system to date is a Sena SM5 which has blue tooth, phone, and also a built in FM radio. Can hear my speakers great in my helmet. They make several different types depending on what style helmet you wear. Of course you may live in a state that doesn't require a helmet. Even if they did away with the helmet law I would still wear one.
David

Huked
03-01-2018, 01:02 PM

Yes they can come with speakers, they have several types. Just do a search for Shark audio and check out their website. You can also do the same search here and get some ideas including pics of some install ideas.

This is an F3 but you will get an idea.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?80701-1400-watt-Shark-Audio-on-Spyder-F3