PDA

View Full Version : pulled the trigger, now radio question

Whlightning
02-28-2018, 11:21 PM
ok, so I had been looking at a 2013 rt, finally decided to pull the trigger. I for the life of me cannot get the radio to work. when you flip thru the menu settings, it skips by radio and gps. it dosent have gps so that makes sense, but the PO I bought it from swears it has a radio. I see it has a fuse for the radio, if this is blown could that be a issue, or would the whole display be out? anything else I could check? I have followed everything I could find in the owners manual and couldnt get anything to work.
thanks guys, looking forward to learning alot from this site!

d.o.spyder-rts
03-01-2018, 12:14 AM
:welcome:and :congrats:on your spyder purchase. You've found the right site for your questions. Unfortunately, I don't have the answer to your question, could be a bad mode switch; I'm sure others will chime in with suggestions. Dale

Flamewinger
03-01-2018, 12:25 AM
My first thought is do you see an antenna? If so then there should be a radio. Did the previous owner show you the radio? Check the front cargo for the bluetooth and or aux cable. Canammanuals.com has service manuals just in case.

Hope for better answers from other RT owners.

Woodaddict
03-01-2018, 02:08 AM
maybe radio is on mute? just one more option to check. press up arrow on left cluster. pressing down arrow for about 5 seconds will mute radio

Buckeye Bleau
03-01-2018, 07:05 AM
:welcome::congrats:
Glad to have you aboard and congratulations on your purchase. I too have a 2013 RTL and I love it. I like the V-Twin, I like the high revs, but I don't like the maintenance frequency, but one has to accept the good with the bad.
Your issue is a curious one, other than the mute, I don't have a solution for you.
The conundrum is that you state that you are following the manual and the options skip over the radio. Hmmm, puzzling.

Joe

missouriboy
03-01-2018, 02:29 PM
You don't say who you bought from; a dealer? If so, go back, or go to any dealer and ask! Just be friendly, play dumb, don't offer any symptoms, and just ask them to "show me how to operate the radio?" Any Can Am salesman, or any tech, would know how, and if there's a problem, let them discover it and explain it to you.

Then thank them! :yes:

Bob Denman
03-01-2018, 02:47 PM
The other posts have got you pointed in the right direction, so I'll just say :welcome:

ARtraveler
03-01-2018, 03:43 PM
I think post #7 is your best bet--if it is not on mute.

:welcome: and :congrats: on your 2013. :yes:

scarletspyder
03-01-2018, 05:20 PM
I just bought a 2011 RT at a dealer. They had a 2013 with same issue. When I was looking at it they couldn't get radio to work and skipped in menu. They said they found the battery was bad and caused the issue.

Whlightning
03-01-2018, 11:44 PM
I just bought a 2011 RT at a dealer. They had a 2013 with same issue. When I was looking at it they couldn't get radio to work and skipped in menu. They said they found the battery was bad and caused the issue.
buying it from a private owner, she said the battery died, and some charging fuse was blown, tried the volume up suggestion as well. it does have the radio antenna. dont have it home yet to try anything else, but thanks for all the suggestions. whats weird is it goes thru the different modes, but skips radio and gps. she only put 400 miles on it since she bought it in 2015, has 3800 miles on it. open to anything else you can suggest!
thanks

Whlightning
03-07-2018, 12:00 PM
​buying it from a private owner, she said the battery died, and some charging fuse was blown, tried the volume up suggestion as well. it does have the radio antenna. dont have it home yet to try anything else, but thanks for all the suggestions. whats weird is it goes thru the different modes, but skips radio and gps. she only put 400 miles on it since she bought it in 2015, has 3800 miles on it. open to anything else you can suggest!
thanks. anyone?

Easy Rider
03-07-2018, 09:44 PM
open to anything else you can suggest!
thanks. anyone?

Hopefully the radio is just disconnected or isn't getting power BUT......I think I would make the sale contingent on HER getting that fixed BEFORE finalizing the sale.

Peter Aawen
03-07-2018, 11:36 PM
Have you checked to see if your speakers are turned ON in the audio section of settings??

When you turn your Spyder on, hit mode until you get across to all the settings, scroll down to audio, then across to speakers & over to set them to ON - that should mean your speaker volume can now be adjusted, but I don't know how or why it'd be skipping across the radio settings....

finless
03-08-2018, 12:17 PM
The radio is on the CAN-BUSS. If it doesn't show up on the dash then it's not talking to the system.
It's simple to remove the panel (2 screws) over the radio and check the connection.

Bob

Whlightning
03-08-2018, 07:41 PM
it was the fuse!!!!, I pulled old one out and it looked ok, but figured what the hell and changed it, radio back in working order!!!!! Thanks for the assistance everyone!!!!