PDA

View Full Version : CRUMBS

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-28-2018, 04:51 PM
Well I received a pleasant surprise today :yikes:...... My monthly pension check went up $ 46.00 ( after taxes ) ..... so if that's " CRUMBS " I'll take all they want to send me :clap::clap::clap::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack ::roflblack::roflblack: that's over 500 miles of free Spyder riding :yes::yes::yes:............. Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-28-2018, 05:53 PM
:congrats: :clap: :thumbup:
We haven't messed with our withholding here yet...
It's not the highest priority for us, and I'd just as soon get a big fat refund check next Spring! :thumbup:

Chasinsparks
02-28-2018, 06:43 PM
I like Crumbs too, I would rather have my money now and invest the way I want rather than let Big Gov hold it for a year interest free. Not a big fan of the refund system.

Chupaca
02-28-2018, 06:50 PM
Glad to hear of your windfall..:clap::clap:I got ashes.... mine went down about $60.00 :banghead::banghead: I'll still ryde those 500 miles you mention but it will cost me..:banghead:

slick999
02-28-2018, 07:09 PM
Wow I guess I got the whole cake,just noticed mine after reading your thread,74.00 increase.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-28-2018, 07:37 PM
Glad to hear of your windfall..:clap::clap:I got ashes.... mine went down about $60.00 :banghead::banghead: I'll still ryde those 500 miles you mention but it will cost me..:banghead:
:hun: ..... are we talking about the same thing ????? ....... MY normal withholding was adjusted because my taxes got LOWERED, .............Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-28-2018, 08:22 PM
Gene is in Kalifornia...

ARtraveler
02-28-2018, 09:10 PM
Mine went up by $16 a month.

Don't know about the WH because I had to take a 30% cut in pay due to smaller classes. They wanted me to take even less--but I told them I would retire from the Univ.

PrairieSpyder
03-01-2018, 08:52 AM
Well I received a pleasant surprise today :yikes:...... My monthly pension check went up $ 46.00 ( after taxes ) ..... so if that's " CRUMBS " I'll take all they want to send me :clap::clap::clap::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack ::roflblack::roflblack: that's over 500 miles of free Spyder riding :yes::yes::yes:............. Mike :thumbup:

Good for you, Mike!

Chupaca
03-01-2018, 10:42 AM
Increase in deductions due to tax return...had to cash in some investments to stay out of debtors prison...:roflblack: had to pay tax for that and now take a cut in my social security..:banghead::banghead:

:hun: ..... are we talking about the same thing ????? ....... MY normal withholding was adjusted because my taxes got LOWERED, .............Mike :thumbup:

Machinegunner
03-01-2018, 11:54 AM
I got $11 increase in Social Security. My investments went way up due to decreased regulations. I'll take it. Doesn't seem like crumbs to me.

Bob Denman
03-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Increase in deductions due to tax return...had to cash in some investments to stay out of debtors prison...:roflblack: had to pay tax for that and now take a cut in my social security..:banghead::banghead:

Sorry to hear that... :shocked:

ARtraveler
03-01-2018, 03:08 PM

I am with you on all of the above. At least the tax rate on the investment withdraw is much better than it was when I put the money in. My SS is plus $16.

ARtraveler
03-01-2018, 03:10 PM
I got $11 increase in Social Security. My investments went way up due to decreased regulations. I'll take it. Doesn't seem like crumbs to me.

:agree: For the moment the investments are doing real good. :bowdown::bowdown:

Commander
03-02-2018, 09:32 AM
Love them CRUMBS, I'll take all they want to give me

Bob Denman
03-02-2018, 09:55 AM
If you put together enough crumbs: you can end up with a really good crumb-cake! :thumbup:

Copperman
03-02-2018, 05:48 PM

I got at $43.00 increase in my monthly pension check. Although, my increase started last month. Gotta love those crumbs!

UtahPete
03-02-2018, 06:01 PM
I got at $43.00 increase in my monthly pension check. Although, my increase started last month. Gotta love those crumbs!
What pensions are you guys talking about anyway? SSA isn't a 'pension' so maybe you're talking about a union pension? Or one of the few corporate pensions left?

If you are talking about SSA, then whatever increase you saw in your payments had nothing to do with the 2018 tax law. I think we're mixing apples and hand grenades here...

Bob Denman
03-02-2018, 06:17 PM
SSA is a pension. You paid into it, with the expectation of being able to get money back out of it, at a later date.

It's not a hand-out: it's the only true "entitlement". :thumbup:

Welfare: now THAT's a hand-out!

wyliec
03-02-2018, 06:23 PM

Does your pension have cost of living allowance? There are some that do, and that's not really reflective of the new tax law(s). In any case congrats.

wyliec
03-02-2018, 06:31 PM
SSA is a pension. You paid into it, with the expectation of being able to get money back out of it, at a later date.

It's not a hand-out: it's the only true "entitlement". :thumbup:

Welfare: now THAT's a hand-out!

I really don't care what they call it, as long as it keeps coming. I'll leave the wrestling match up to you and UP.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-02-2018, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=wyliec;1340543]Does your pension have cost of living allowance? There are some that do, and that's not really reflective of the new tax law(s). In any case congrats In 2018 my first Pension check ( in Jan 2018 ) reflected this years COLA ( cost of living increase ). Then in Feb. after they figured out my new withholding based on the New ( crumbs :roflblack: ) Tax rate. I received a $ 46.00 addition to my normal ( after the cola ) monthly pension............... I'm not complaining nor am I dis- appointed ........... Mike :thumbup:

Copperman
03-02-2018, 07:12 PM
What pensions are you guys talking about anyway? SSA isn't a 'pension' so maybe you're talking about a union pension? Or one of the few corporate pensions left?

If you are talking about SSA, then whatever increase you saw in your payments had nothing to do with the 2018 tax law. I think we're mixing apples and hand grenades here...

I get a pension check and social security.