PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors\GPS

Tyris
02-28-2018, 01:44 PM
After a year or so these are pretty much the two biggest things that I dislike the most with RT Limited. Placement of the Mirrors and looking down at the GPS between the handle bars. Has this bugged anybody else and what if anything have you done to solve the problem?

UtahPete
02-28-2018, 01:56 PM
After a year or so these are pretty much the two biggest things that I dislike the most with RT Limited. Placement of the Mirrors and looking down at the GPS between the handle bars. Has this bugged anybody else and what if anything have you done to solve the problem?
I've relocated my GPS to the top of the dashboard and added the Wide-Vue stick-on mirrors from TricLED.

DGoebel
02-28-2018, 02:04 PM
Wide-Vue Mirrors from Tric-LED and mounted my Smart phone with GPS mapping etc over the crest of the dash,

Mazo EMS2
02-28-2018, 08:30 PM
I don't mind the mirrors at all, I did add some blind spot mirrors though. Just picked up a pair of the adhesive, adjustable ones from Wally World for $4 and stuck em on. (I think someone on here sells em for like $20/pr...LOL) They work great. As for GPS, another vote for putting it up on the dash in line of sight. I just use the unit out of my truck and move it to the bike when I think I'll need it.

Centurion
02-28-2018, 08:53 PM
The TRICLED wide vue mirrors are an excellent option for the RT model but not so much for the F3. I bought a pair for my wife's RT and she loves them-no issues at all. However, the pair that I bought for my F3 Limited fell off after a few months (they mount differently). I removed the very messy goo that they left on my mirrors and will not be putting them back on. As for the GPS, I think Lamont has some good options for relocating the device on the RT for a better line of sight.

oldguyinTX
02-28-2018, 09:31 PM
I don't mind the mirrors at all, I did add some blind spot mirrors though. Just picked up a pair of the adhesive, adjustable ones from Wally World for $4 and stuck em on. (I think someone on here sells em for like $20/pr...LOL) They work great. As for GPS, another vote for putting it up on the dash in line of sight. I just use the unit out of my truck and move it to the bike when I think I'll need it.

:agree:I now don't mind the low mirrors, as I have gotten used to them over 5 riding seasons. I too put the small stick on adjustable blind spot mirrors (also from wally world) on the lower outside corners of the mirrors, and that is working well for me. This is a very common complaint about mirrors in general, and not just on the RT.

Highwayman2013
02-28-2018, 10:07 PM
http://spyderstore.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=60