PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting fenders

Indiana Ken
02-27-2018, 02:24 PM
I have a 2012 RT. Put on some new front wheels (General Altamax R43) and they are rubbing the support brackets for the fenders.
I see the support brackets appear to be connected to the axil by 4 bolts each side. When I loosen the bolts, the fnder loosens.
Can I remove those bolts, add a couple of washers too give me added space, without messing up something?

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-27-2018, 05:03 PM
I have a 2012 RT. Put on some new front wheels (General Altamax R43) and they are rubbing the support brackets for the fenders.
I see the support brackets appear to be connected to the axil by 4 bolts each side. When I loosen the bolts, the fnder loosens.
Can I remove those bolts, add a couple of washers too give me added space, without messing up something? I had the same issue, with the same basic style fender, ....but mine was for a 15 inch wheel ........ I did the washer/s route and got the clearance I needed ....... I also shimmed the inside of the fender at the rear by 1/4 inch to prevent rubbing ..... The 175 Altimax is actually a bit taller than most 175's ...... This just proves a point I've made many times ....." Not all manufactures use the exact same measurements " for their molds ...... Mike :thumbup:

Chupaca
02-27-2018, 07:42 PM
:agree: has been done quite often as many tires vary and some of the real crazy one just take the fenders off....:yikes: they don't do wet.....:roflblack: