PDA

View Full Version : PARKING

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
02-26-2018, 01:49 PM
Wondering if anyone has gotten tickets for parking their :spyder2: or other bike, if so where do they put it?

ARtraveler
02-26-2018, 01:55 PM
Never a ticket here. I always park legal. If I need a HC space on a particular day--I use my HC placard. Most of the time there have been no issues. :thumbup:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
02-26-2018, 03:10 PM
wondering if others park on sidewalk with their 2 wheelers, i have done so but am always worried.

Mad Mac
02-26-2018, 03:19 PM
No tickets here. Never parked my 2-wheelers on sidewalks either. I use car spaces or use a H/C spot, due to having said plate on our Spyder. Mac:doorag:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
02-26-2018, 03:29 PM
No tickets here. Never parked my 2-wheelers on sidewalks either. I use car spaces or use a H/C spot, due to having said plate on our Spyder. Mac:doorag:

i'm in nyc so parking isn't always easy, that's why i like bike & trike.

Mad Mac
02-26-2018, 04:00 PM
i'm in nyc so parking isn't always easy, that's why i like bike & trike.

I think I can totally understand. The last place I had limited parking was when I was stationed in Frankfurt, Ger. (I rode a motorcycle during that time) and that was a looong time ago. N.Y.C. is probably pretty comparable when it comes to parking. Mac:doorag:

wyliec
02-26-2018, 04:15 PM
Wondering if anyone has gotten tickets for parking their :spyder2: or other bike, if so where do they put it?

I throw them in the garbage.:yikes:

Since I was concerned with a ticket when parking in metered parking, I clip the machine ticket on to my tool bag that is on my 2008GS. I always park in an auto parking spot, as do the 2 wheelers.

When it comes to parking in NYC, I always try to park in a parking garage or one of the places that puts the vehicle in the air (for the jeep). I see so many cars street parked within inches of others (or actually touching), and wonder how do they ever get out.

ARtraveler
02-26-2018, 04:16 PM
Parking on a sidewalk is asking for a ticket. Will it happen? :dontknow::dontknow:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
02-26-2018, 04:43 PM
where do they put the ticket?

wyliec
02-26-2018, 05:17 PM
where do they put the ticket?

They put it in the mail, and can send it to you.

rtotten
02-26-2018, 05:32 PM
Akspyderman, where do you put you HC hangtag? I have plates, and a hangtag, I also have a Golden Age National Parks Pass not sure where to display that so it doesn't get stolen. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rick

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
02-26-2018, 05:41 PM
Akspyderman, where do you put you HC hangtag? I have plates, and a hangtag, I also have a Golden Age National Parks Pass not sure where to display that so it doesn't get stolen. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rick

Yea i was wondering that too, i will be getting HC hangtag in a few weeks so i was wondering where to put it.

ARtraveler
02-26-2018, 05:56 PM

Thanks,
Rick

I have plates on the car. Hangtag goes on the windshield of the Spyder. I have it wrapped in a plastic bag so that it folds over the windshield. A couple clothespins attach the tag without it scratching the windshield. I have never had a hangtag stolen off the bike--and I used to park in a lot in downtown Anchorage. Not since 2011 on that one though.

Bob Denman
02-26-2018, 06:13 PM
Get yourself a set of Lidlox***, and you can lock your hangtag right to your handlebar ends. :thumbup:

You can even hang your helmet on the other side of the bars! :D

*** Lamonster Garage sells them

Chupaca
02-27-2018, 12:01 AM
Never got a parking ticket but generally find good parking even on sidewalks. In big cities :dontknow: cause I don't go there on the spyder. As for the H/C placard...I always forget it...do have a small hole and a zip tie if I ever remember it...:thumbup:

Little Blue
02-27-2018, 04:51 AM
I saw a Guy clip it to the license plate. (HC hang Tag.) Not sure about Parking on the side walk, might be a Ticket.:thumbup:

ahh-cool
02-27-2018, 08:07 AM
Yes, $157. at a Home Depot. I needed some bolts to put something on the bike. I parked under the overhang near the door. When I got out it had a ticket.

MR. H1956
02-27-2018, 09:06 AM
Yes, $157. at a Home Depot. I needed some bolts to put something on the bike. I parked under the overhang near the door. When I got out it had a ticket.
That just not right. Did they call the cops while you was in the store shopping? If you was out of the way why should it Have mattered. I had to stop shopping at home depot most of the workers at our store don't have a clue what they are doing if you ask them to find something.

Bob Denman
02-27-2018, 09:28 AM
A lot of Home Depot Stores only allow the larger commercial trucks and vans to park in those areas. It might not have been a legal parking space. nojoke

jcthorne
02-27-2018, 11:14 AM
The only parking ticket I ever got on my Spyder was in Springfield MO during Spyderfest. I parked in the motorcycle parking area in front of WalMart and got a ticket. it was scotch taped to my windshield. I remember thinking the local PD really needed to be brought on board with the whole Spyderfest / tourism thing.

ARtraveler
02-28-2018, 02:31 PM
That just not right. Did they call the cops while you was in the store shopping? If you was out of the way why should it Have mattered. I had to stop shopping at home depot most of the workers at our store don't have a clue what they are doing if you ask them to find something.

Had a similar incident one time. Was out riding with a motorcycle club one Thursday evening. We stopped at restaurant X. It was right next to restaurant Y. I parked my motorcycle in the HC space and put the hangtag on the windshield as usual. The space was closer to restaurant Y than X.

The proprietors of the restaurant we did NOT go to promptly called the local police to report me. The nice people in restaurant X informed me the cops were out front examining my ride.

I grabbed my cane and limped out the door to talk with the police. They were looking at the license plate and beginning to write me a $100 plus ticket for violating a HC space. I pointed to the hangtag on the windshield and showed them my cane and the fact that I was bent over at about 45 degrees. It was an especially painful ride that night.

The police did an Oooooooooooops. And promptly went on their way. I went into restaurant Y and thanked them for calling the police. Then, went next door and finished my meal.

Have never went back to restaurant Y (the one that called the cops on me).

easysuper
02-28-2018, 03:14 PM
The only parking ticket I have ever got on 2,3,or 4 wheels was in Downtown Glendale CA where I was building a Buffalo Wild Wings Bar and Grill. The fine city of Glendale Charged us $27,000, that's right count the zeros, to barricade 7 parking spaces for the 4 months that I was doing the remodel, I needed the spaces for loading and unloading material and supplies and parking as the back door delivery was shared by other tenants. One Saturday I rode my Spyder to work and parked in our Paid for Space and when I came out I had a $95 parking ticket , when I went to the court house to contest it I was told that my bike was not a construction vehicle so there for I got the ticket, Since I was in the land of Calafornicate there was no arguing with them. Just one of the reasons I'm glad not to be working down there anymore.

MR. H1956
03-01-2018, 09:17 AM
How or why do some of these company's let the police write tickets in private parking lots. I understand that the cops have to come when I crime in committed. But to ride thru and give tickets for parking. I haven't cared much for Wal-Mart since Sam Walton died. It went to the devil after he passed away. And I may have shopped at home depot twice. Only because there wasn't a lowes close by and I had to have something to finish a job. Just wondering how they justify giving out tickets in private company lots

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
10-24-2018, 08:16 AM
How or why do some of these company's let the police write tickets in private parking lots. I understand that the cops have to come when I crime in committed. But to ride thru and give tickets for parking. I haven't cared much for Wal-Mart since Sam Walton died. It went to the devil after he passed away. And I may have shopped at home depot twice. Only because there wasn't a lowes close by and I had to have something to finish a job. Just wondering how they justify giving out tickets in private company lots

from my understanding the police would have permission from the owner of the property to go there anytime and are
then allowed to enforce all parking laws. a friend of mine who had a very large gas station property told me that.

wyliec
10-24-2018, 09:04 AM

I'm guessing they give out tickets to those that shouldn't be parking in handicap parking, and blocking a fire lane, and those are enforceable tickets. Since mall parking lots have public access, the police have every right to be there.

jaherbst
10-24-2018, 09:19 AM
Yea i was wondering that too, i will be getting HC hangtag in a few weeks so i was wondering where to put it.

Get the license plate. Hang tag will disappear shortly.

Jack

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
10-24-2018, 09:29 AM
I'm guessing they give out tickets to those that shouldn't be parking in handicap parking, and blocking a fire lane, and those are enforceable tickets. Since mall parking lots have public access, the police have every right to be there.

yes, that is what i was told too

LeftCoast
10-24-2018, 09:54 AM
I appreciate this dilemma as well. I like to ride the Spyder to a local reservoir that has a 3 mile walking trail around it with parking meters that allow 2 hours max. It’s one of those you go pay at a main machine and it spits out a ticket. I looked at it and wondered where the hell I could put it on the bike where it could be seen by the park police. Then I wondered where I could put it where it could be seen AND not stolen.

So I put it in the cup holder. :yes:

I also took took a picture of it on my phone in case it got stolen. I did go ask the park police guy sitting in his very nice Ford Explorer (we get no snow here, ever, but all law enforcement drives 50k Explorers) and in the case of this particular lot there is an electronic record of payment so even without the little printout I should be ok that I paid.

I’m putting more faith in the picture though.

Grandpot
10-24-2018, 10:42 AM
My wife almost got a parking ticket, but the meter reader did not know what category the Spyder fell under. He was using an electronic tablet like device, so he did not have any discretion.

coffenut
10-24-2018, 01:22 PM
Never a ticket here. I always park legal. If I need a HC space on a particular day--I use my HC placard. Most of the time there have been no issues. :thumbup:

Have you ever had an issue with your placard being stolen?
How do you display it?

ARtraveler
10-24-2018, 01:30 PM
Have you ever had an issue with your placard being stolen?
How do you display it?

I have plates on the car. Hangtag goes on the windshield of the Spyder. I have it wrapped in a plastic bag so that it folds over the windshield. A couple clothespins attach the tag without it scratching the windshield. I have never had a hangtag stolen off the bike--and I used to park in a lot in downtown Anchorage. Not since 2011 on that one though. :yes:

An interesting "war" story--IMO...:roflblack:
Had a similar incident one time. Was out riding with a motorcycle club one Thursday evening. We stopped at restaurant X. It was right next to restaurant Y. I parked my motorcycle in the HC space and put the hangtag on the windshield as usual. The space was closer to restaurant Y than X.

The proprietors of the restaurant we did NOT go to promptly called the local police to report me. The nice people in restaurant X informed me the cops were out front examining my ride.

I grabbed my cane and limped out the door to talk with the police. They were looking at the license plate and beginning to write me a $100 plus ticket for violating a HC space. I pointed to the hangtag on the windshield and showed them my cane and the fact that I was bent over at about 45 degrees. It was an especially painful ride that night.

The police did an Oooooooooooops. And promptly went on their way. I went into restaurant Y and thanked them for calling the police. Then, went next door and finished my meal.

Have never went back to restaurant Y (the one that called the cops on me).

coffenut
10-24-2018, 01:32 PM
Get the license plate. Hang tag will disappear shortly.

Jack

Alas, MD does not have MC Handicap license plates.

Bfromla
10-24-2018, 03:28 PM
Alas, MD does not have MC Handicap license plates.
:dontknow::lecturef_smilie: May have other options?
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?78971-Handicap-Stickers
lost thread with ways to mount the place card hanger. BOB mentioned the LidLox, I've sandwiched mine visibly between the windshield & its mount bracket(added some clear packing tape to stop wind flutter)