PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobiling in Wisconsin

spyderider1
02-26-2018, 08:39 AM
The Winters in Wisconsin can last forever and I've always felt that if we are going to live in this area I should make the most of it. So while the Spyder is tucked away snug as a bug in a rug until Springtime here's a video of how I spend my free time during the winter months.

The machine is a Ski Doo MXZ built by BRP and has a 900cc ACE for an engine. Top speed is around 90 mph on an open stretch of frozen lake, much slower when on trails such as in this video. The video was captured by a GoPro camera attached to my helmet and edited with Cyberlink's PowerDirector program. The video runs a bit over 2 minutes and is safe for the workplace. I hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9dGlfgu3Ig

Spyderider1

Chupaca
02-26-2018, 09:54 AM
Fun thing to do while you wait for the spring..:2thumbs: here it's the same ryding different clothing...:roflblack:

Mazo EMS2
02-26-2018, 05:48 PM
Ahhhh yes...I remember when it USED to snow in southern WI too. We sold our sled a few years ago, thankfully. I still groom trails for our club, but so far our trails have been open for two day this season. It just doesnt pay to own one anymore in southern WI unless willing to travel north. If I had some spare change around, I'd get back into it, but it's time to start saving a bit....there are days I miss it though.

Deanna777
02-26-2018, 07:06 PM
The Winters in Wisconsin can last forever and I've always felt that if we are going to live in this area I should make the most of it. So while the Spyder is tucked away snug as a bug in a rug until Springtime here's a video of how I spend my free time during the winter months.

The machine is a Ski Doo MXZ built by BRP and has a 900cc ACE for an engine. Top speed is around 90 mph on an open stretch of frozen lake, much slower when on trails such as in this video. The video was captured by a GoPro camera attached to my helmet and edited with Cyberlink's PowerDirector program. The video runs a bit over 2 minutes and is safe for the workplace. I hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9dGlfgu3Ig

Spyderider1

I know what you mean. My significant other(vtrider) and I am in the same situation as you are. We have only been on the sleds for few rides( due to the weather.....) since the weather warm-up the trails are closed. I am jealous!

Have you seen the "Thread "White Gold(Snow) WOHOOOOOO!!!!!!" that I started?

vtrider and I have added pictures of our sled rides that we have taken in Vermont.
I usually ride a 2016 Ski-Do he usually rides a 2016 Yamaha.

Deanna

Deanna777
02-26-2018, 07:14 PM
Ahhhh yes...I remember when it USED to snow in southern WI too. We sold our sled a few years ago, thankfully. I still groom trails for our club, but so far our trails have been open for two day this season. It just doesnt pay to own one anymore in southern WI unless willing to travel north. If I had some spare change around, I'd get back into it, but it's time to start saving a bit....there are days I miss it though. Back in the early 70's we use have a lot of snow, piles of snow half way up the telephone poles. This winter has been unusual, we have been on the sleds a few times. Now the trails have been closed due to the weather, we have had 40's to 60 degree weather, ( rain) here in Vermont.

Also, when we have had snow we usually trailer our sleds to the northern part of Vermont( Island Pond, it is near the Canadian border).

Deanna

Mikey
02-26-2018, 07:34 PM
My sled of choice is a 2015 arctic cat zr 7000 sno-pro! First four stroke I've ever owned, had a lot of sleds in 50 years big bore and putt putt, only thing that keeps me going. Looking forward to my first full summer with my RTL!!:yes:Got it Sept,1st, put her away mid Nov, put almost 4000 miles on it! Getting ready to buy some shocks, sway bar, brake pads, oil and filters and roll my selves up and get to it. Happy trails, rubber side down, watch out for the deer and moose:yikes::thumbup: