PDA

View Full Version : GloRyder is back with a new self generating Wheel Light - No more battery change!

GloRyder
02-24-2018, 09:22 AM
Greetings again SpyderLovers!

We have been away for a while quietly developing our GloRyder Wheel Lights and are back as a proud sponsor of SpyderLovers forum to break the news that we have now completed the design for the world's first generator version Wheel Lights for Spyder Can-Am, Cars, and Slingshot.

We read through a number of posts here and saw the frustration many had with the battery version. To be fair we shared the frustration. In fact the first GloRyder Wheel Lights made in 2004 were a generator version, but the technology was not ready for primetime so the only option was to release the battery version.

What we have now is a much more energy efficient circuit board design for the generator version which allows us to use a smaller generator. In fact the new circuit board actually has 8 LEDs instead of the old 6 LED design. We also were able to incorporate Bluetooth for App control instead of a standalone remote control. You can now operate the wheel lights with your phone. We also isolated and sealed the generator and circuit board inside the housing to avoid water seepage from the mounting screws.

Rather than list all the changes here we have prepared a presentation video for you to look at that goes over some of the key features. We are also taking Pre-Orders for scheduled July Delivery to our warehouse in the USA.

For our previous Spyder Customers we are offering two special discounts till the end of March 2018.

1. Core replacement discount: You can keep the logo caps you own and replace the aluminum core including the new generator circuit boards. Click here for core replacement (https://gloryder.com/store?olsPage=products%2Fglo-ryder-loyalty-customer-discount)

2. New set discount: To purchase an entire new setup for Spyder enter the code "spydercust" (without quotation marks) when you checkout. Click here for new set. (https://gloryder.com/store?olsPage=products%2Fpolaris-slingshot-wheel-lights-grps)

Please check out the video below (it has a car on the cover but it is for Spyder as well as it explains the generator operations) and if you have any questions post them here and we will be happy to answer.

All the best from us here at GloRyder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=JYQi55Ehb0M

Tango
02-24-2018, 09:33 AM
Much better! :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Bob Denman
02-24-2018, 10:17 AM
I remember when the generator versions were first being discussed. Congratulations of being able to bring them to market, and if you'll excuse me: I've got some shopping to do! :thumbup:

AY4B
02-24-2018, 12:02 PM
How does it work on the rear wheel if there is not a center hub to mount it on?

Bob Denman
02-24-2018, 12:38 PM
Now that I've had a chance to look things over...
How much would a set of these cost; if you add a pair of Black covers, with "RT" on them?

GloRyder
02-24-2018, 02:59 PM
I dont have a smart phone. Does it come with another way to select the light colors? Also would be nice if you offered black for people with black wheels.

Hi Joel, The old version with batteries has the separate remote control, the new generator version only comes with the phone app.
On the black option we have always sold the polished aluminum with the idea that a person can have them anodized or powder coated to whatever color they need.

GloRyder
02-24-2018, 03:00 PM
I remember when the generator versions were first being discussed. Congratulations of being able to bring them to market, and if you'll excuse me: I've got some shopping to do! :thumbup:

Hi Bob! I remember you :) Thanks for the kudos

GloRyder
02-24-2018, 03:03 PM
How does it work on the rear wheel if there is not a center hub to mount it on?

The rear one will still work as it has the li-ion rechargeable battery so it does not need the wheel to spin. You simply unscrew the logo cap and take the battery out and use our charger. It is much different from the old way as you don't need to take out the PCB anymore, the battery is on top so it pops right out.

GloRyder
02-24-2018, 03:04 PM
Now that I've had a chance to look things over...
How much would a set of these cost; if you add a pair of Black covers, with "RT" on them?

Bob, I will check on that, what type of black finish are you looking for, anodized, satin, gloss?

Bob Denman
02-24-2018, 03:14 PM
Satin... Thanks!

finless
02-24-2018, 03:42 PM
Question, if the internal Lion battery is discharged, how long does it take to charge back up enough while riding for the units to light again?

Bob

HayRog
02-24-2018, 03:47 PM
Satin... Thanks!

Now, that would look pretty cool :2thumbs:

boomerkc
02-24-2018, 04:02 PM
Joel, just curious, will you be charging our cards immediately or when the lights ship?

BernardD
02-24-2018, 04:04 PM
I ordered the upgrade in December and was charged immediately.

Bob Denman
02-24-2018, 05:49 PM
Question, if the internal Lion battery is discharged, how long does it take to charge back up enough while riding for the units to light again?

Bob

If it gives us an excuse to go for a ride: who cares? :D :thumbup:

GloRyder
02-24-2018, 08:15 PM

Bob

We have a couple options on that.
On a straight dead battery we have smart technology that allows the lights to run off the generator once the vehicle gets over 35 mph, over 35 the generator shunts power and starts charging the battery. So you should always have lights as long as you are moving.
Alternatively in the video you can see that little Li-on battery pops right out so we will provide a wall charger that can be used to re-charge the battery. That is what I would do if I had a dead bat to begin with, it only takes about an hour.

jcthorne
02-25-2018, 07:33 AM
Any option for them to turn on when the bike starts moving and stay on until the bike stops for a few minutes. IE so I do not have to play with the app every time I get on or off the bike?

jcthorne
02-25-2018, 07:38 AM
Satin... Thanks!

Agree, need a Satin black option. Not many of the current model spyders have silver finish wheels any more.

We also need more cap options. The CanAm Y logo would be good as I think you used to offer that. Perhaps the RT and F3 logos. Did not see any of the current offerings I would want on my bike.

trikermutha
02-25-2018, 07:53 AM
Can you just spray on the satin??? or have it powder coated?

Buckeye Bleau
02-25-2018, 08:47 AM
Great job on your product development! Huge congratulations to your team.

Joe

GloRyder
02-25-2018, 01:39 PM
Any option for them to turn on when the bike starts moving and stay on until the bike stops for a few minutes. IE so I do not have to play with the app every time I get on or off the bike?

We have that on our GR1 version that is controlled by vibration.

Problem is when you have too many on/off switches it is very hard to troubleshoot what is working and what is not, so short answer is if you want that option you need the GR1 version with AA batteries. If you want the new generator version it is only available in the app.

GloRyder
02-25-2018, 01:45 PM
Agree, need a Satin black option. Not many of the current model spyders have silver finish wheels any more.

We also need more cap options. The CanAm Y logo would be good as I think you used to offer that. Perhaps the RT and F3 logos. Did not see any of the current offerings I would want on my bike.

Good points, we can definitely look at an anodized black satin finish if there is enough demand for it.

We do have the RT, Y, and F3 logos available we will have to make a way to select more logos on the website. For now if anyone wants those they can just choose blank and send a note with the order.

GloRyder
02-25-2018, 01:46 PM
Can you just spray on the satin??? or have it powder coated?

Yes we send them with a polished aluminum finish that is ready to receive either of the those finishes.

Woodaddict
02-26-2018, 01:56 AM
has option on spyder for 3 wheels???? 4 total, 2 front, with 1 each side rear. so on rear you would take off plastic cover over bolt and attach glo rider, but they would not spin. just static glow? how battery charges?

GloRyder
02-26-2018, 08:41 AM
has option on spyder for 3 wheels???? 4 total, 2 front, with 1 each side rear. so on rear you would take off plastic cover over bolt and attach glo rider, but they would not spin. just static glow? how battery charges?

Yes we support 3 and 4 light setup. On the rear they will not spin but will operate off the Li-ion battery so they we need to be recharged to operate.

GloRyder
02-26-2018, 08:50 AM
Great job on your product development! Huge congratulations to your team.

Joe

Thanks Joe! :)

Y Rider
02-26-2018, 08:56 AM
If you plan on getting a laser alignment make sure you get that done before installing the Glo Ryders. They have to be completely removed including the inner mounting ring in order to mount the laser alignment equipment. I haven't put mine back on yet after I had the alignment and now may wait for the new version. I love the Glo Ryders :) but didn't like changing the batteries :(. The new self generating version is a great idea. :thumbup:

jcthorne
02-26-2018, 09:42 AM
We have that on our GR1 version that is controlled by vibration.

Problem is when you have too many on/off switches it is very hard to troubleshoot what is working and what is not, so short answer is if you want that option you need the GR1 version with AA batteries. If you want the new generator version it is only available in the app.

Had those, they were great for about the first 6 months. After the batteries died the first time and replaced them it seems one or the other did not work about every other time I rode the bike. Always a problem. Finally got tired of futzing with them all the time, gave up and took them off. Just not interested in something else I have to 'play with' every time I want to ride. they need to just work like everything else on the bike.

Its not a parking lot trick show, its a motorcycle.

Seems basic 'light up when starting and driving, turn off when not' would have been a basic function of the design. Its clear it was more intended for the parking lot shows than bikes that are ridden. Just like the first gen units I and so many others gave up on. Very disappointing that all this redesign work went into a product and you still do not understand your customers. I have had this conversation with a good number of my customers that feel the same. They need to just work, not add frustration.

GloRyder
02-27-2018, 02:33 PM
If you plan on getting a laser alignment make sure you get that done before installing the Glo Ryders. They have to be completely removed including the inner mounting ring in order to mount the laser alignment equipment. I haven't put mine back on yet after I had the alignment and now may wait for the new version. I love the Glo Ryders :) but didn't like changing the batteries :(. The new self generating version is a great idea. :thumbup:

Good point Y ryder :thumbup:

GloRyder
02-27-2018, 02:50 PM
Had those, they were great for about the first 6 months. After the batteries died the first time and replaced them it seems one or the other did not work about every other time I rode the bike. Always a problem. Finally got tired of futzing with them all the time, gave up and took them off. Just not interested in something else I have to 'play with' every time I want to ride. they need to just work like everything else on the bike.

Seems basic 'light up when starting and driving, turn off when not' would have been a basic function of the design. Its clear it was more intended for the parking lot shows than bikes that are ridden. Just like the first gen units I and so many others gave up on. Very disappointing that all this redesign work went into a product and you still do not understand your customers. I have had this conversation with a good number of my customers that feel the same. They need to just work, not add frustration.

I understand, actually the biggest problem we had was the battery design required the customer to regularly handle the circuit board. It resulted in a lot of failures. For example imagine having to grab the circuit board out of your phone once a month to change the battery, it is not going to end well for your phone or any electronic product for that matter. However, at the time it was the only technology that would work in the 2" space we have to play with.

The new generator mounting design allows the customer to "set it and forget it", as there is no touching the circuit board (PCB) anymore. And even if it does become necessary to charge the battery it is now able to be removed without touching the PCB.

On the switching, as we mentioned, we cant have too many on/off sources as we need to be able to talk customers through support and it creates too many variables. Having had experience with many thousands of customers, the ability to turn it on/off as needed was a huge request as there are many states and countries that have stricter laws on lighting and the customers want to be able to quickly turn them off.

There will always be a compromise in developing a product, we have to take the path that serves the majority. Having said that there is always a mod for anything, that is what I end up doing when I want something the way I want it. Just ask Phil Burke! :)

jcthorne
02-27-2018, 03:29 PM
I understand, actually the biggest problem we had was the battery design required the customer to regularly handle the circuit board. It resulted in a lot of failures. For example imagine having to grab the circuit board out of your phone once a month to change the battery, it is not going to end well for your phone or any electronic product for that matter. However, at the time it was the only technology that would work in the 2" space we have to play with.

The new generator mounting design allows the customer to "set it and forget it", as there is no touching the circuit board (PCB) anymore. And even if it does become necessary to charge the battery it is now able to be removed without touching the PCB.

On the switching, as we mentioned, we cant have too many on/off sources as we need to be able to talk customers through support and it creates too many variables. Having had experience with many thousands of customers, the ability to turn it on/off as needed was a huge request as there are many states and countries that have stricter laws on lighting and the customers want to be able to quickly turn them off.

There will always be a compromise in developing a product, we have to take the path that serves the majority. Having said that there is always a mod for anything, that is what I end up doing when I want something the way I want it. Just ask Phil Burke! :)

Perhaps a stupid question but might be the answer... What if one just left them on. Period. The battery will eventually discharge and they turn off. Will they just light up again when the bike gets going and the generator spins? Is this too simple of a solution? I must be overlooking something here.

And apologies for sounding so negative on the new product. If you can't tell I am actually trying to figure out a way to use these, I really did like the ones I had when they worked.

UtahPete
02-27-2018, 03:46 PM
I dont have a smart phone. Does it come with another way to select the light colors? Also would be nice if you offered black for people with black wheels.
Hmmm....blacklight wheel lights...might work!

WIDOWSSON
02-28-2018, 02:02 PM
???

bcer960
02-28-2018, 02:07 PM
I've pre-ordered the replacement ones, somewhere, either on here or on their website I read July 2018

WIDOWSSON
02-28-2018, 02:11 PM
I pre-ordered also.

I've pre-ordered the replacement ones, somewhere, either on here or on their website I read July 2018

SpyderCruiser
02-28-2018, 04:11 PM

I did preorder a set of these. I also thought they would automatically turn on when the bike started moving since the circuit board has a generator on it and would know when the bike was moving. So I am with jcthorne on this one, there should be an option for them to turn on when the bike starts moving and off after a set amount of time.

I can see how this is not an issue for a cage driver who has the phone within arms reach. Most of us Spyder riders have our phone in the rear trunk connected to the bikes sound system. It will be a PIA to have to open the trunk, unplug the phone, remove it from the case, and turn them on and off. I have no intention of parking somewhere and giving the general population a light show. Purchased them just to provide added visibility to the bike. This is a case where the old fob would have been better for us. We could keep the fob Velcro'd in the glove box and operate as necessary.

Is the firmware upgradable on the circuit board?

GloRyder
02-28-2018, 04:13 PM
Perhaps a stupid question but might be the answer... What if one just left them on. Period. The battery will eventually discharge and they turn off. Will they just light up again when the bike gets going and the generator spins? Is this too simple of a solution? I must be overlooking something here.

And apologies for sounding so negative on the new product. If you can't tell I am actually trying to figure out a way to use these, I really did like the ones I had when they worked.

No problem, we are consumers too and like to get it right before we purchase, so ask away.

In another comment I went into the dead battery scenario, here's the skinny. On a straight dead battery we have smart technology that allows the lights to run off the generator once the vehicle gets over 35 mph, over 35mph the generator shunts power and starts charging the battery. So you should always have lights as long as you are moving.
Alternatively in the video you can see that little Li-on battery pops right out so we will provide a wall charger that can be used to re-charge the battery. That is what I would do if I had a dead bat to begin with, it only takes about an hour.

Hope this helps

GloRyder
02-28-2018, 04:14 PM
???

Scheduled to arrive in our warehouse in USA July 2018

GloRyder
02-28-2018, 05:03 PM
I did preorder a set of these. I also thought they would automatically turn on when the bike started moving since the circuit board has a generator on it and would know when the bike was moving. So I am with jcthorne on this one, there should be an option for them to turn on when the bike starts moving and off after a set amount of time.

I can see how this is not an issue for a cage driver who has the phone within arms reach. Most of us Spyder riders have our phone in the rear trunk connected to the bikes sound system. It will be a PIA to have to open the trunk, unplug the phone, remove it from the case, and turn them on and off. I have no intention of parking somewhere and giving the general population a light show. Purchased them just to provide added visibility to the bike. This is a case where the old fob would have been better for us. We could keep the fob Velcro'd in the glove box and operate as necessary.

Is the firmware upgradable on the circuit board?

Describing your needs I can see where this would be desired over the phone app. I will check with our mfg and see what it would take to do that but I imagine it might require a separate purchase order for key fob version only so really there would have to be enough demand to do a separate circuit board run. Would be interesting to do a poll on that.

bcer960
02-28-2018, 05:47 PM
Describing your needs I can see where this would be desired over the phone app. I will check with our mfg and see what it would take to do that but I imagine it might require a separate purchase order for key fob version only so really there would have to be enough demand to do a separate circuit board run. Would be interesting to do a poll on that.

I too would want to option to just have it work when rolling. Honestly, that is what I thought I pre ordered. In my case, I don't have a phone, and so will not be turning them on and off.

So, my question is:
1) if I take the battery and pre charge it up, how long will it last? I get that it will be charging back up as I ride. But will last over night??
2) will the lights turn off after not moving for a set amount of time as the ones I have now do?
3) do I have to re-set the colors etc. everytime I want to ride?

Ray

Edit: I guess I thought this was a set and forget upgrade.

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-28-2018, 08:08 PM
Look or ask around. If you're willing to learn the ins and outs of the phone you can probably find an older one that will run the app for nothing or next to it. You don't have to have a cell service contact to use a smartphone for non-phone applications. And, in fact, any smartphone can call 911 even when you don't have a cell contract. Great for emergencies.

bcer960
02-28-2018, 08:14 PM
Look or ask around. If you're willing to learn the ins and outs of the phone you can probably find an older one that will run the app for nothing or next to it. You don't have to have a cell service contact to use a smartphone for non-phone applications. And, in fact, any smartphone can call 911 even when you don't have a cell contract. Great for emergencies.

My wife has one, I would use it to set the ryders up. But after that I was hoping they would stay set.

WIDOWSSON
02-28-2018, 11:17 PM
:D

Scheduled to arrive in our warehouse in USA July 2018

jcthorne
03-01-2018, 11:37 AM
Well, at least its obvious that I am not the only one that thinks these bike lights should just work when you go to ride the bike rather than being fiddled with via a phone app each time you get on or off the bike.

Still would like an answer to this:

If I leave them turned on until the battery dies, upon driving the bike again do they auto restart as soon as the bike is moving (35mph?) or do they have to be turned on again via the phone app each time? Do they return to the color they were displaying prior to running out of power?

bcer960
03-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Well, at least its obvious that I am not the only one that thinks these bike lights should just work when you go to ride the bike rather than being fiddled with via a phone app each time you get on or off the bike.

If I leave them turned on until the battery dies, upon driving the bike again do they auto restart as soon as the bike is moving (35mph?) or do they have to be turned on again via the phone app each time? Do they return to the color they were displaying prior to running out of power?

These are all the questions I want to know as well......

SpyderCruiser
03-03-2018, 11:51 AM
:popcorn:

GloRyder
03-04-2018, 04:48 PM
I too would want to option to just have it work when rolling. Honestly, that is what I thought I pre ordered. In my case, I don't have a phone, and so will not be turning them on and off.

So, my question is:
1) if I take the battery and pre charge it up, how long will it last? I get that it will be charging back up as I ride. But will last over night??
2) will the lights turn off after not moving for a set amount of time as the ones I have now do?
3) do I have to re-set the colors etc. everytime I want to ride?

Ray

Edit: I guess I thought this was a set and forget upgrade.

On
1. Currently if you took it off the bike and did not use it in tandem with the generator the battery should last approximately 12 hours. Much longer of course if you use it in tandem with the generator which of course you will so that's really a meaningless number. We are also looking into a larger battery.
2. If you are referring to the one color model with no remote control no it will not.
3. You should not

GloRyder
03-04-2018, 04:52 PM

Yes they restart when 35 mph is achieved.
No if the battery dies you need to re-link and start over.

jcthorne
03-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Yes they restart when 35 mph is achieved.
No if the battery dies you need to re-link and start over.

I do not understand. Those two statements seem polar opposites of each other.

If they are allowed to run until the battery dies, will they restart on their own at 35mph? If yes, what exactly do they do when reaching 35?

GloRyder
03-05-2018, 12:48 PM
I do not understand. Those two statements seem polar opposites of each other.

If they are allowed to run until the battery dies, will they restart on their own at 35mph? If yes, what exactly do they do when reaching 35?

Not really,
IOW it they will run off the generator when they get to 35 mph, but it is not an automatic operation.
After 35 once the electrical circuit is engaged then you can then turn them on.

Sounds like what you looking for is a Dynamo, rather than the generator. That simple mechanism would just power the light as it comes up to speed and when slowing down it would fade away. No way to run all of our features like that. In order to allow the use of a remote control and color changing features a battery, and thereby, a battery charger is needed.

Woodaddict
03-15-2018, 10:49 PM
another question, trying to figure out if I want just front's or also include the rear. have you done testing on how long battery will last on the rear? don't want to have to take off and charge a lot of times.

is there any pics of them on rear of spyder? or vids? I didn't see any

BernardD
03-16-2018, 01:34 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=151112&d=1500365011

Tazzel
03-16-2018, 05:04 PM
IM interested in this product but want to wait to hear quality reports before I put in my order.

GloRyder
03-17-2018, 09:11 PM
another question, trying to figure out if I want just front's or also include the rear. have you done testing on how long battery will last on the rear? don't want to have to take off and charge a lot of times.

is there any pics of them on rear of spyder? or vids? I didn't see any

We will have more data on stationary battery life in a couple weeks, we are running tests on a new battery.
On the rear shot BernardD has a nice shot in his post above. We also have a rear wheel install video here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8ZSUi2vDnA

BernardD
04-15-2018, 01:20 PM
J-3 months to get my upgraded kit.

Philrs
04-15-2018, 01:47 PM

We have been away for a while quietly developing our GloRyder Wheel Lights and are back as a proud sponsor of SpyderLovers forum to break the news that we have now completed the design for the world's first generator version Wheel Lights for Spyder Can-Am, Cars, and Slingshot.

We read through a number of posts here and saw the frustration many had with the battery version. To be fair we shared the frustration. In fact the first GloRyder Wheel Lights made in 2004 were a generator version, but the technology was not ready for primetime so the only option was to release the battery version.

What we have now is a much more energy efficient circuit board design for the generator version which allows us to use a smaller generator. In fact the new circuit board actually has 8 LEDs instead of the old 6 LED design. We also were able to incorporate Bluetooth for App control instead of a standalone remote control. You can now operate the wheel lights with your phone. We also isolated and sealed the generator and circuit board inside the housing to avoid water seepage from the mounting screws.

Rather than list all the changes here we have prepared a presentation video for you to look at that goes over some of the key features. We are also taking Pre-Orders for scheduled July Delivery to our warehouse in the USA.

For our previous Spyder Customers we are offering two special discounts till the end of March 2018.

1. Core replacement discount: You can keep the logo caps you own and replace the aluminum core including the new generator circuit boards. Click here for core replacement (https://gloryder.com/store?olsPage=products%2Fglo-ryder-loyalty-customer-discount)

2. New set discount: To purchase an entire new setup for Spyder enter the code "spydercust" (without quotation marks) when you checkout. Click here for new set. (https://gloryder.com/store?olsPage=products%2Fpolaris-slingshot-wheel-lights-grps)

Please check out the video below (it has a car on the cover but it is for Spyder as well as it explains the generator operations) and if you have any questions post them here and we will be happy to answer.

Just got on your site from this link.. didn't see anywhere to enter the discount code

Phil
Bakersfield

Philrs
04-15-2018, 02:10 PM

I thought I message this already but I didn't see it in the thread. I went all the way through checkout just short of paying and no place to enter discount code

Phil
Bakersfield

Philrs
04-15-2018, 02:12 PM
Went all the way through checkout to just prior to paying. No place to put discount code

Phil
Bakersfield

Philrs
04-15-2018, 02:14 PM
First i couldn't find the post now if I delete 1 they all delete

Sorry

Phil

Woodaddict
04-17-2018, 02:57 AM
Went all the way through checkout to just prior to paying. No place to put discount codePhilBakersfield

the special discount was only good till 3-31, that may be why you find no place to enter it???

Woodaddict
06-01-2018, 10:08 PM
I pre-ordered this new style. for anyone that did order these, I received email about a survey to vote for phone app or remote control. GO VOTE!!!
I voted for remote, tally was over 90% for remote to control, maybe freeing up phone for other tasks

bcer960
06-03-2018, 05:29 PM
I did the same

BernardD
06-21-2018, 10:29 AM
Good news is that they listened to their customer.
Disapointment is that now I will only get it in October.

BernardD
02-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Once again they are coming back with a poll which may lead to further delay.
I paid for my upgrade more then 1 year ago. Starting to be frustrated now.
The question is not only “is 5 to 6 hours to charge acceptable”? But what is the autonomy when fully charged.
Nothing about this on their video.
Personally, they delay again, I ask for reimbursement.

BernardD
03-11-2019, 03:42 PM
Enough is enough.
This is getting really frustrating after more than a year.
Refund requested.

SpyderCruiser
03-11-2019, 06:11 PM
I am done with gloryder and asked for a refund. They have had my money for 1 year and still no product in my hand.

They seriously have lost there way, and are producing a product no one will want.

I explained to them what we need, and they are not listening.

1. We don’t want it to be controlled by the phone that most of us keep in the trunk. OK they got that right after we told them we want the small remote to put in the glove box. It took 60 folks from our community to change their mind ( I started it).

2. They ignored everything else I told them which is;

3. We do not want to have to use a silly remote to turn them on, they should turn on and off automatically when the wheel is turning, this is easy, they could use the generator to tell the electronics to turn on. An option would be there to use the remote to keep them on while the bike is not moving and change colors with the remote.

4. Because they will not listen to #3 above, their flawed design keeps sucking power from the battery to listen to commands from the remote. As such we learned today the battery will be DEAD after the Spyder sits for 5 Days, WTF! How totally convenient to have to take the battery out every 5 days to charge it! I am so looking forward to climbing on my hands an knees to unscrew them, take both batteries out and charge them!

5. Oh! And so much for the the generator charging the battery. It takes 6 hours for the generator to charge the battery. So much for taking a short night ride. Designed properly, the generator could easily keep up with the power used by those tiny LED’s.

6. And in their latest video if you drive over 55 MPH the whole entire assembly starts rotating inside and the generator stops charging.

7. Who wants a product that you have to worry about every time you use your Spyder? For instance... Is the battery charged? Has it been over 5 days? Better check my gloryder log to make sure I drove over 5 hours to charge the battery! And I have to make sure I am driving 55 MPH or the battery won’t charge. And if I drive over 55 the generator will not charge because of improper design.

8. The gloryder should just work without human intervention from us.

Here is their latest video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvJlx6Gq2lQ

Make sure you watch the other earlier videos to verify the facts I posted above.

BernardD
03-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Well ....
They have a good product and I think that they are aiming are getting the top of the notch product.
HOWEVER, I do agree that after one year, the product is still not there despite the fact that we paid and, this is really frustrating.

This being said, I asked for refund and got it within few days.
Very professional.

bcer960
03-12-2019, 07:52 PM
Well I, for one, and sticking with it. really, as far as farkles go, it isn't that much money. And it's not like there is another version out there to replace it......

WIDOWSSON
03-13-2019, 02:22 PM
https://youtu.be/cvJlx6Gq2lQ
ANOTHER VIDEO. ANOTHER POLL. NO RELEASE DATE.

bcer960
03-13-2019, 03:54 PM
this is 3 weeks old