PDA

View Full Version : New Wrap

Flamewinger
02-21-2018, 01:14 PM
Worked with Pete at WrapMySpyder and came up with a slightly Star Wars X-Winged theme. I did the wrap myself and the frunk lid along with the fenders were a bit difficult but I was able to make it work. I'm pretty sure you can get it without the X-wing squadron.

2013REDRTS
02-21-2018, 01:22 PM
Looks good.

Mad Mac
02-21-2018, 01:57 PM
That looks FREAK'n FANTASTIC!! If I can ask, what did that set you back? Did you wrap it yourself? Mac:doorag:

al0vely
02-21-2018, 02:01 PM
That looks great :yes:.

Flamewinger
02-21-2018, 02:02 PM
That looks FREAK'n FANTASTIC!! If I can ask, what did that set you back? Did you wrap it yourself? Mac:doorag:

Thanks. Since WrapMySpyder didn't have this red/checker Adrenalin Rush artwork, I had to pay a little extra to get it and for Pete to make it into the cut pattern. So this was almost $500. I did the install myself. Most of it was pretty easy except for the frunk lid and fenders.

Mad Mac
02-21-2018, 02:15 PM
Thanks. Since WrapMySpyder didn't have this red/checker Adrenalin Rush artwork, I had to pay a little extra to get it and for Pete to make it into the cut pattern. So this was almost $500. I did the install myself. Most of it was pretty easy except for the frunk lid and fenders.

Thanks for the reply. Have you ever had any of it bubble up or does it stay applied after the air bubbles are squeegeed out? Do you use a soapy solution to apply the decal? Thanx Mac:doorag:

Flamewinger
02-21-2018, 04:26 PM
WrapMySpyder has some videos on their web site that explains how to do it. One that shows the water/soap solution. This vinyl is seemingly more breathable and bubbles disappear in a day or two. Most of my application I used the soapy water so I could make sure it was in place before I squeezed it flat. The frunk lid and fenders are a bit more difficult and you might want to have those areas done by an expert. Window tint places can do it.

Mad Mac
02-21-2018, 04:38 PM
WrapMySpyder has some videos on their web site that explains how to do it. One that shows the water/soap solution. This vinyl is seemingly more breathable and bubbles disappear in a day or two. Most of my application I used the soapy water so I could make sure it was in place before I squeezed it flat. The frunk lid and fenders are a bit more difficult and you might want to have those areas done by an expert. Window tint places can do it.

Thanks, I use the soapy water with decals I have put on other vehicles and nice to hear that the "Spyderwrap" is more porous. Might have to consider it! Mac:doorag:

fastfraser
02-21-2018, 05:00 PM
Nice install . Looks good !

Chupaca
02-21-2018, 08:16 PM
Well done :2thumbs: does look like the checkered flag went through the food processor :roflblack: but wow...Nice wrap..:thumbup:

mavrik
02-22-2018, 09:10 AM
pretty cool looking and sets your apart from the rest...nice work:D

garageguy
02-22-2018, 09:17 AM
Very nice!
And I love the color contrasts