PDA

View Full Version : Fergie's Rendition...

Bob Denman
02-19-2018, 05:47 PM
...Of the National Anthem, is certainly sparking a lot of... interest! :banghead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMA2iF6RuXk

She's caught a ton of flack over it...
What do you think? :dontknow:

My own opinion, is that she tried something unique, and it just didn't work.
The hateful postings in Social Media over it are WAY over the top! nojoke

(She has apologized, and I'll believe that she is sincere.)

DGoebel
02-19-2018, 06:43 PM
She's not the first! I guess they thought they wanted a big name artist to sing the anthem and she put her own spin on it.
Kinda makes me think it's what Marilyn Monroe might have sung it like,,,, now I gotta go look to see if there's a MM anthem.
As much as I am one, a very traditional kinda guy when it comes to our flag and anthem, others have done much worse.

safecracker
02-19-2018, 06:49 PM
I am old school. I did not like it.

Grandpot
02-19-2018, 06:52 PM
Sing it the way it was written. It's not a pop song meant for entertainment.

Bob Denman
02-19-2018, 06:57 PM
She's not the first! I guess they thought they wanted a big name artist to sing the anthem and she put her own spin on it.
Kinda makes me think it's what Marilyn Monroe might have sung it like,,,, now I gotta go look to see if there's a MM anthem.
As much as I am one, a very traditional kinda guy when it comes to our flag and anthem, others have done much worse.

Yup...Others have done worse! :banghead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru2BYd3c90w

ARtraveler
02-19-2018, 07:29 PM
YUP! That was pretty bad. It does make me think how it may have sounded if Marilyn Monroe did it. We heard her sing at Kennedy's BD party--and that was pretty bad too.

Fergie meant well--IMO--but it did not work. :yikes:

ahh-cool
02-19-2018, 08:30 PM
I did not like it.

BajaRon
02-19-2018, 09:15 PM
Not that it makes any real difference. But my take is that some sing the national anthem with the mind set that it's all about America. Others sing it as if it is all about themselves.

I'll take the traditional version when ever I can.

ARNIE R
02-19-2018, 11:15 PM
Bad......I could not watch the entire thing til the end. :gaah:

Bob Denman
02-20-2018, 07:33 AM
Not that it makes any real difference. But my take is that some sing the national anthem with the mind set that it's all about America. Others sing it as if it is all about themselves.

I'll take the traditional version when ever I can.

Thank you... :agree:

Saluda
02-20-2018, 07:53 AM
:(:(

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
02-20-2018, 07:54 AM
Who's fergie?

blacklightning
02-20-2018, 09:27 AM
Not bad. As stated before, I have heard better, and I have heard worse. She decided to try to do it in a sexier version, and it surprised people and didn't really take. So she knows to not try that again. Still a talented singer, and as it has also been stated, that is not the easiest song to sing.:thumbup:

Pirate looks at --
02-20-2018, 10:43 AM
I watched it las night. Based on what I had heard I thought I was going to hate it. To be honest it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I had expected!

Fatcycledaddy
02-20-2018, 10:50 AM
I didn't like it, but if you think that was bad, listen to these. :yikes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qi0FHv8pBI

Bob Denman
02-20-2018, 11:00 AM
36 seconds: that's the most that I could stand... :shocked:

d.o.spyder-rts
02-20-2018, 11:57 AM
Like most of the threads, I didn't care for it either. I'm also more traditional when it comes to the National Anthem. She may be a talented signer, but it can't be proven by this. Dale

TicketBait
02-20-2018, 01:02 PM
...Of the National Anthem, is certainly sparking a lot of... interest! :banghead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMA2iF6RuXk

She's caught a ton of flack over it...
What do you think? :dontknow:

My own opinion, is that she tried something unique, and it just didn't work.
The hateful postings in Social Media over it are WAY over the top! nojoke

(She has apologized, and I'll believe that she is sincere.)
“I’ve always been honored and proud to perform the national anthem and last night I wanted to try something special for the NBA,” she said (Fergie) in a statement acquired by PEOPLE. “I’m a risk taker artistically, but clearly this rendition didn’t strike the intended tone. I love this country and honestly tried my best.”

I listened to it, and actually liked it for the setting she was at. The NBA AllStar game. Everything is sort of over the top. NBA finals not so much.

Had never heard a jazz rendition. Don't think I would appreciate a hip hop /rap version, but imagine someone some where is practicing that!:yikes:

Variety is the spice of life!

Bob Denman
02-20-2018, 01:32 PM
I believe what she said in her response.

I just think that some songs should be played as they were written:
Our National Anthem
Imagine
Inna Gadda Da Vida
Thunderstruck

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Bob Denman
02-20-2018, 01:34 PM
Besides: she's about as cute as a button! nojoke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V97oQ1o1Htk

RinconRyder
02-20-2018, 04:19 PM
Talent shows through......every time.

BajaRon
02-21-2018, 01:30 PM
After listening to her response to all the negative feedback I may have misjudged Fergie. I must admit. I don't know much about her. Seem seemed very sincere and none of us are perfect.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Rogue Hawk
02-21-2018, 02:16 PM
She sings like a frog. Shows how much they synthesize a voice in recording studios.

Mad Mac
02-21-2018, 03:00 PM
Yes, not meant to be for "entertainment purposes". Mac:doorag: