PDA

View Full Version : Need RT-622 Advice

Wes P
02-16-2018, 12:53 AM
Hello Everyone,

We have bought a RT-622 trailer and need some advice.

1. What is the average weight that you pull. We have a 2012 RT as the tow vehicle with two passengers

2. What do you always carry in your trailer ? ( tools, road flares, fix a flat, ice chest , chairs ) etc

We are planning a few long, multi-day rides and we think the trailer will allow for longer days of exploring as opposed to spending time in the laundromat every other day doing laundry.

Also it will allow us to carry a few more comforts with us.. Fly Rods come to mind...

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated

Wes & Marie

Cruzr Joe
02-16-2018, 12:57 AM
Hello Everyone,

We have bought a RT-622 trailer and need some advice.

1. What is the average weight that you pull. We have a 2012 RT as the tow vehicle with two passengers

2. What do you always carry in your trailer ? ( tools, road flares, fix a flat, ice chest , chairs ) etc

We are planning a few long, multi-day rides and we think the trailer will allow for longer days of exploring as opposed to spending time in the laundromat every other day doing laundry.

Also it will allow us to carry a few more comforts with us.. Fly Rods come to mind...

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated

Wes & Marie

40 Lb tongue weight

No more than 400 Lbs (Trailer + Gear)

Small battery Jumper

Small flat repair kit w/ compressor

Minimal amount of tools

First aid kit

LARGE CREDIT CARD OR SUFFICIENT AMOUNT OF CASH.

Cruzr Joe

lewisalice
02-16-2018, 01:02 AM
2 suitcases
Big water cooler
Food
First aid kit
Tire repair kit
Compressor
Flairs
Rain gear
Brake fluid and oil
Tools
funnel
emergency jump starter

murphybrown
02-16-2018, 08:03 AM
Like Toilet Paper, 12 v coffee maker, good book...stuff I’ve never used, but I’ve got it if I need. Luv luv my 622. See you on the road

Jetfixer
02-16-2018, 08:24 AM
At a minimum I carry my nice 9 foot long locking cable and hitch lock so when I get where I'm going I can leave it and ride.

Bob Denman
02-16-2018, 08:54 AM
What should you carry? No more than 400 pounds, with a 40 weight limit on the tongue.
What can you carry? :D It's your trailer to pack: be creative!

...And let us know what you decide to carry! :thumbup:

jaherbst
02-16-2018, 09:12 AM
Beer, Cheese, Crackers and Peanuts! And don,t forget the Golf Clubs.:D:D

​Jack

Bob Denman
02-16-2018, 09:22 AM
Jack,
You're always, "The Man With The Plan!" :clap: :2thumbs:

canamjhb
02-16-2018, 04:53 PM
Tools, Rain Gear & flat repair including compressor stay on the bike..... always, and for obvious reason. The trailer takes extra cloths, cooler, play toys (golf, fishing, or whatever) and Rum.

Brentc
02-16-2018, 05:45 PM
So far one of the nicest features of having a trailer in tow for us is being able to change gear easily and often. As we ride in lots of different weather, I love being able to pull over and put on a jacket, or take off a layer and you can just toss it in the trailer. Surprisingly tons of room!

Bob Denman
02-16-2018, 06:01 PM
:D I kind of thought that the beer cooler was a pretty handy idea... :cheers: :thumbup:

Buckeye Bleau
02-17-2018, 07:28 AM
Two sets of golf clubs.
One small bag for clothes, as most of them are of microfiberdesign, was them in the shower, hang up then dry and clean in the AM.
Two bags, both small with his and hers toiletries.
One small cooler just large enough for a few sodas and a few water bottles.
A half cover for the Byke and a cover for the trailer.
I don't carry all that repair crap, I was not a Boy Scout. I carry the battery powered air compressor in the Byke for other uses, but I run Amerseal from Lamonster in all tires. N the Byke I carry the tool kit, a Leatherman, a couple long allens and a quart of oil, I do run a 998.

We don't plan for disaster, we plan for practicality and fun together. If there is a disaster, we use the AMA support and assistance staff.

Joe