PDA

View Full Version : 622 Trailer Lock removal question

vrodrjs
02-14-2018, 02:08 PM
I am selling my 622 trailer that is keyed the same as my bike. I'd rather not give away one of my keys with the trailer. Does anybody know if you have to have the key to remove the barrel? My RTL came with an extra lock so I am hopping others did too.

Thanks,

Bob

cptjam
02-14-2018, 03:48 PM
You need the key, and a barrel tool. Picture a piece of razor thin spring steel. The barrel catch is the deepest of the tumblers. Your dealer can remove the barrel.
We learned this trick when Ann’s barrel was .05mm too deep. Naturally, I destroyed it in my learning process!!
barrels keyed differently have a red key, no chip. Joe

fastfraser
02-14-2018, 05:24 PM
Pull the barrel before you sell the trailer !:dontknow:

oldguyinTX
02-14-2018, 10:16 PM
Maybe you could get a dummy key cut from your Spyder key. Might work, then you wouldn't have to give up an ignition key.

vrodrjs
02-14-2018, 10:16 PM
Thanks Joe

Pull the barrel before you sell the trailer !:dontknow:

I thought about that but it is too cold / salty roads to ride down to the dealer and I don't really want to take the back end of the trailer apart to do it. I think a call to the dealer for a key may be easiest.

Thanks,

Bob

cptjam
02-14-2018, 10:36 PM
With no chip, the trailer key wont start the bike. EZ! Joe

Bfromla
02-15-2018, 05:16 AM
Thanks Joe

I thought about that but it is too cold / salty roads to ride down to the dealer and I don't really want to take the back end of the trailer apart to do it. I think a call to the dealer for a key may be easiest.

Thanks,

Bob
its really not that bad, some odd positions to reach things but not as tight spaced as working on spyder. & if your buyer has a spyder they can acquire a new core & have rekeyed by locksmith to match theirs. Once you get the lock mechanism off :
https://youtu.be/df6GC6dbo7M
other than that a chip less blank Ilco X270 (cut to fit)will work just fine.

UtahPete
01-08-2019, 06:06 PM
its really not that bad, some odd positions to reach things but not as tight spaced as working on spyder. & if your buyer has a spyder they can acquire a new core & have rekeyed by locksmith to match theirs. Once you get the lock mechanism off other than that a chip less blank Ilco X270 (cut to fit)will work just fine.

Helpful. Thanks.

Copperman
01-08-2019, 07:03 PM
When my wife bought her 622 trailer, she didn't get a key with it. I was able to replace the tumbler with hers without a problem. No, you do not need a key.

UtahPete
01-08-2019, 07:12 PM
its really not that bad, some odd positions to reach things but not as tight spaced as working on spyder. & if your buyer has a spyder they can acquire a new core & have rekeyed by locksmith to match theirs. Once you get the lock mechanism off other than that a chip less blank Ilco X270 (cut to fit)will work just fine.

I am the buyer. So, I'm going to have to replace the tumbler sooner rather than later because right now I can't lock it at all.

UtahPete
01-08-2019, 07:13 PM
With no chip, the trailer key wont start the bike. EZ! Joe

I realize that, Joe. But, with no key I can't lock the trailer.

SpyderAnn01
01-08-2019, 11:17 PM
I realize that, Joe. But, with no key I can't lock the trailer.
You resurrected a 2 year old post. Joe wasn’t responding to you.

UtahPete
01-08-2019, 11:43 PM
You resurrected a 2 year old post. Joe wasn’t responding to you.

You're right. I was confused.

PMK
01-09-2019, 01:04 AM
You're right. I was confused.

When you do a proper search of a topic, you should at least read the dates to ensure the posts are somewhat current before resurrecting topics from a while back with a new trivial set of posts.

Use the search feature to find the information or search outside Spyderlovers with Google.com

trikermutha
01-09-2019, 06:57 AM
Really. I see no reason to blast him for asking a question or resurrecting a thread. Ask a question and hope to get a answer to the issue.:banghead:

UtahPete
01-09-2019, 11:07 AM
Really. I see no reason to blast him for asking a question or resurrecting a thread. Ask a question and hope to get a answer to the issue.:banghead:

Actually l was following a suggested link from a response to my own thread and found it helpful, so said as much, which inadvertently resurrected the thread. Then I got confused as to which thread I was responding to.

trikermutha
01-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Actually l was following a suggested link from a response to my own thread and found it helpful, so said as much, which inadvertently resurrected the thread. Then I got confused as to which thread I was responding to.

I was referring to the post above mine.

UtahPete
01-09-2019, 04:32 PM
I was referring to the post above mine.

Yes, I realize that. Thanks for that.