PDA

View Full Version : Shorty Antenna Installed

2013REDRTS
02-14-2018, 06:55 AM
Finally got my shorty antenna installed last night. The adapter pieces in the kit wouldn't work so I made my own.157821

ARtraveler
02-14-2018, 04:03 PM
Finally got my shorty antenna installed last night. The adapter pieces in the kit wouldn't work so I made my own.157821

Where there is a will, there is a way. :bowdown::bowdown::firstplace::firstplace:

2013REDRTS
02-15-2018, 08:35 AM
I'll always find a way. :yes:

GoldenSpyder
02-15-2018, 05:18 PM
I put one on my RT-S a couple weeks ago...from Big Bike Parts. It's a "fat" 7" spiral wrapped antenna and the radio works just as well as it did with the stock antenna. I went with a short one so I could get in and out of the place I keep my trike without hitting the antenna in the doorway. :D

Deanna777
02-15-2018, 07:12 PM
I replaced a short antenna on my 2014RTS-SE6. Here is a picture of mine: 157856 157857 I used a 7mm deep socket to install the new antenna.

Deanna

tehrlich
02-16-2018, 08:53 AM
I've done a lot of upgrades, and the shorty antenna was my biggest surprise of difficulty! I could not get that twisted off with the thread-lock! It was one of those times where you are so frustrated that you have to walk away. Then, come back to find it twists right off! :)

teninospyder
02-16-2018, 09:07 AM
I've done a lot of upgrades, and the shorty antenna was my biggest surprise of difficulty! I could not get that twisted off with the thread-lock! It was one of those times where you are so frustrated that you have to walk away. Then, come back to find it twists right off! :)

Had same trouble on mine.:banghead: After much deliberation about why I was worried about destroying the original antenna on our 2014 RTL SE6 (knowing full well I would never put it back on) I cut it off as low as possible, used the 7mm deep socket I had to go buy (I found most sets don't go down to 7mm deep socket) and with a little pressure the antenna base came out. :clap: Incidently, I used the shorty replacement antenna from Walmart (RSM-900, or something like that) and all the required parts were there. No other mods, just re-assemble using a few (not all) of the supplied parts. Nice and clean look :yes:

tehrlich
02-16-2018, 09:13 AM
Had same trouble on mine.:banghead: After much deliberation about why I was worried about destroying the original antenna on our 2014 RTL SE6 (knowing full well I would never put it back on) I cut it off as low as possible, used the 7mm deep socket I had to go buy (I found most sets don't go down to 7mm deep socket) and with a little pressure the antenna base came out. :clap: Incidently, I used the shorty replacement antenna from Walmart (RSM-900, or something like that) and all the required parts were there. No other mods, just re-assemble using a few (not all) of the supplied parts. Nice and clean look :yes:
I'm glad that I am not the only one that couldn't get the jelly jar open! I was ready to bang my Spyder on the counter to get it to go! :)