PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Nuvi

mavrik
02-12-2018, 02:22 PM
Hey all, i'm thinking about removing the Garmin Nuvi that came with my st-limitied and selling it. I feel that my phone has much more up to date maps and is more user friendly. Except for the GPS being water proof I don't see any other positive reasons.

So that being said, I have been searching but i'm trying to figure out what it is worth (gps,case, base connector and wiring harness if I can get it out). any ideas?

thanks all!

Raprider
02-12-2018, 03:02 PM
Hey mavrik
There was a recent thread that included price paid for a refurb'd unit...but not sure if this includes ALL you mentioned
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?110556-Zumo-590-discontinued&highlight=garmin

oldgoat
02-12-2018, 03:32 PM
Are you sure it is a Nuvi? I thought only Zumos were waterproof.

Peter Aawen
02-12-2018, 04:33 PM
Be aware that NOT having it might damage your trade in or selling price down track - the GPS is a pretty significant component amongst those options that make the Limiteds different, & without that GPS, your Spyder just might not be worth what you'd expect come upgrade time! :dontknow: Of course, that's not an issue if you aren't ever going to be selling or upgrading it?! ;)

Easy Rider
02-12-2018, 06:37 PM
Are you sure it is a Nuvi? I thought only Zumos were waterproof.

Pretty sure that it IS a Zumo.

AND the maps are probably update-able for free with a computer and app from Garmin.

The phone might be better in some respects but I really like the features of my 590; also like having it integrated into the audio system.

Mikey
02-12-2018, 06:51 PM
Pretty sure that it IS a Zumo.

AND the maps are probably update-able for free with a computer and app from Garmin.

The phone might be better in some respects but I really like the features of my 590; also like having it integrated into the audio system. I am the second owner of my bike and one of the first things I did was update the Garmin, very easy to do.

mavrik
02-12-2018, 06:56 PM
I have tried but it always says can't be updated....don't know if registered to first owner but I would think that as long as I connect it, it should not matter...maybe i'm wrong? it is saying I need to purchase a map...but I thought these had lifetime updates. Sorry it is a ZUMO

Mikey
02-12-2018, 07:21 PM
I have tried but it always says can't be updated....don't know if registered to first owner but I would think that as long as I connect it, it should not matter...maybe i'm wrong? it is saying I need to purchase a map...but I thought these had lifetime updates. Sorry it is a ZUMO You have to buy the life time maps on most. I had to buy my map life time maps for mine.

mavrik
02-12-2018, 07:23 PM
was just chatting with garmin...I guess some model of spyders came with a zumo 660LM and some with Zumo 660....guess which one I have....stupid frigin paper weight:sour:

Highwayman2013
02-12-2018, 07:26 PM
I had a 2012 RTL and had to buy the lifetime Maps. Not that big of a deal.

mavrik
02-12-2018, 07:34 PM
I get ya but it is 90-100 for lifetimes maps...seems kinda dumb when my phone is updated daily....just thinking out loud

Mikey
02-12-2018, 07:34 PM
was just chatting with garmin...I guess some model of spyders came with a zumo 660LM and some with Zumo 660....guess which one I have....stupid frigin paper weight:sour: Ya, last weekend I went on Garmin site to find the cover that goes over the mounting plate on the bike, had the part number, not made any more:banghead:

mavrik
02-12-2018, 08:24 PM
thanks everyone for the input....guess I will wait a bit longer and think on it more before I make any decisions