PDA

View Full Version : General Question on 2016 RT Limited

markc
02-10-2018, 11:25 AM
I have yet to own a Can-Am Spyder. Was looking at a used 2016 RT Limited. Is there anything about the 2016 model year that I should be aware of? Have there been many improvements since then?

JayBros
02-10-2018, 12:26 PM
From 2014 through 2017 there were minor changes, e.g., colors and other small stuff, like short vs long radio antenna, of little operational consequence. The big jump was in 2018 which added the new electronic control center that is discussed in a number of threads. I wouldn't buy a first MY of the electronic gizmo; let BRP work out any bugs first. Don't let the seller try to overprice farkles. Don't buy without a good, long test ride. If the mileage and price are right, jump on the '16. JMO. Good luck!

Chupaca
02-10-2018, 12:33 PM
:agree: the test ryde is your guage...differences are not worth the price and most can be ugraded. The 2018 will be a wait and see so far there is a lot of confusion on what works and how and what dosen't and why....the rest of the spyder is the same....:thumbup:

markc
02-10-2018, 01:20 PM
If the mileage and price are right, jump on the '16. JMO. Good luck! Is $20K with under 10K miles a good price?

Little Blue
02-10-2018, 01:25 PM
A Good Year and a Great Bike. AS the Others have said 'Look and Ride' and then 'Think'. The mileage and overall general appearance are something to consider. Check 'online' for pricing. GOOD LUCK :thumbup:

JayBros
02-10-2018, 02:11 PM
Based on KBB for my area it is a good price. KBB says $22,525. With 10K on the clock you have 18K before next major service, with air filter due for change at 19K. Brake fluid should be changed at two year intervals from when it was placed in service.

larryd
02-10-2018, 02:38 PM
Is it "For Sale" at a dealer or private??? If at a dealer is it a Can-Am dealer??? I would take the vin number to a dealer and check the repair and service history...Just in case...Price sound fair...my opinion...

ARtraveler
02-10-2018, 03:38 PM
Is $20K with under 10K miles a good price?

High, high, high IMO. Get a feel by looking at KBB or NADA. A "fair" price would be between trade in and dealer--as in private party price. No trade in and self found financing--if needed--should make that price negotiable.

Others have already given my "usual" advice. :yes:

Dmetcalf
02-10-2018, 06:13 PM
Well built machine and I’m ok with the dash and electronics on this model vs the new model with the new electronics. Honestly it delivers everything and I want and I can easily navigate through it. I say if you can pick it up for the right $$ and you ran the vin to make sure it wasn’t involved in any accidents, make a deal and start having fun and making memories!

campermac
02-10-2018, 07:43 PM
I have a 2015 RTL and the only thing I have to worry about is having or making enough time to ride it. No big enough changes for me to make the investment, and from what the North East Can-Am Rep who is a personal friend of mine says no huge changes in the near future for the RT. The new dash is about all there is coming for now.

They are working on introducing a Spyder next year for under $10k, most likely will be a single seater though.

Kipawa
02-10-2018, 09:38 PM
I have yet to own a Can-Am Spyder. Was looking at a used 2016 RT Limited. Is there anything about the 2016 model year that I should be aware of? Have there been many improvements since then?

I have a 2016 and couldn’t be happier with it.