PDA

View Full Version : Custom Seats

Tyris
02-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Very many of you mess with something other than Ultimate, Corbin, Russell Long, etc? Couple options in the area that do custom seats and was thinking about checking them out. Any good or bad experiences with going with a more unconventional route?

Bob Denman
02-08-2018, 11:58 AM
:D All of the fun, is in the shopping! :thumbup:
Mustang even has a seat out for the RT...
Let us know what you find.
If I was buying one: it'd either be a Day-long, or an Ultimate! :bowdown:

Happy Shopping!

crna59
02-08-2018, 01:22 PM
Save your money.... go AIRHAWK!

larryd
02-08-2018, 01:29 PM
I dealt with Mark at Diamond Seats in FL...They are a SL sponsor...He built me a very nice and comfortable seat at a affordable price...

ARtraveler
02-08-2018, 03:08 PM
There are lots of good seats out there. So far, for my :ani29:'s it has been two Corbins, and two BRP Comfort. Currently running the BRP Comfort. I like the $600 ball park price tags and can ride all day on them now--without any discomfort.

Other brands mentioned are also very good. Have used many Mustangs on two wheelers--but have not tried the RT version.

Like Bob mentioned. The fun is in the shopping. Check "Yelp" on any unknown--to you--brands or give us a holler back.

Good luck in your hunt. :yes::yes:

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-08-2018, 04:40 PM
:yikes: ..... I must have the Perfect Butt :bowdown::clap:... because it has fit every Spyder seat on all my machines ..... however the 08 GS was only marginally comfortable ........just sayin ....... Mike :thumbup:

ARtraveler
02-08-2018, 05:38 PM
:yikes: ..... I must have the Perfect Butt :bowdown::clap:... because it has fit every Spyder seat on all my machines ..... however the 08 GS was only marginally comfortable ........just sayin ....... Mike :thumbup:

You sir, are a very lucky person. :bowdown::bowdown: I have had to replace all the OEM seats on :f_spider: because--to me--they felt like mush after about 50 miles.

So far, I am still okay with the OEM seat on the Vulcan--after 3,500 miles. Usually, I end up with a Mustang on the Kawi's.

PrairieSpyder
02-08-2018, 06:28 PM
:yikes: ..... I must have the Perfect Butt :bowdown::clap:...

I'm not sure what to say about your butt, Mike . . . :opps::opps:

Paul G
02-08-2018, 09:29 PM
You can check out Tom Simmons in Arkansas, the website may not be the best do a search of him for custom seats and read the reviews he is right up there with the best.

Highwayman2013
02-08-2018, 10:21 PM
Motorcycle Dave does custom seats. He’s a sponsor of this forum.

pegasus1300
02-09-2018, 12:30 PM
Motorcycle Dave does custom seats. He’s a sponsor of this forum.

My Spyder was good for about 2 hours. I saw the ad for motorcycledave and called him. After convincing me I could do it I had him send me one of his gel pads. I bought an air staple gun and went to work 6 hours later and several conversations with Dave and I had an all day seat.25,000 miles later it is still an all day seat and I am on into it $100.00. Maybe one day I'll have someone do a custom upholstery job on it,but if you don't need that you can do the seat yourself and save a lot. And even if you do screw it up any upholstery shop can fix it for you for a lot less then a new seat.
Thanks Dave for your encouragement.

Motorcycledave
02-10-2018, 11:56 AM
You don't have to spend a bunch of $$$$ on a seat to get a good one,
Give me a call I will be happy to point you in the right direction for a local
shop.
Dave
209-887-3283

Very many of you mess with something other than Ultimate, Corbin, Russell Long, etc? Couple options in the area that do custom seats and was thinking about checking them out. Any good or bad experiences with going with a more unconventional route?