PDA

View Full Version : Flag mount

Desert Spyder
02-07-2018, 01:17 PM
I suddenly had the 1/4 in flag mount break off or snapped off by force from my RT. I think it was from Rivco but I see no replacement for a single bracket or shaft. The prices of the twin mounts are outrageous. Any ideas where I can get ...the shaft without getting...the shaft?

oldguyinTX
02-07-2018, 01:19 PM
I would suggest calling or Emailing Rivco. They may be able to help.

Desert Spyder
02-07-2018, 01:42 PM
I would suggest calling or Emailing Rivco. They may be able to help.

Good idea. Thanks

Desert Spyder
02-07-2018, 02:49 PM
Good idea. Thanks

Rivco had a spare for $20. Now how a stainless steel pole broke is another thing.

ChicoFowler
02-09-2018, 08:42 AM
I suddenly had the 1/4 in flag mount break off or snapped off by force from my RT. I think it was from Rivco but I see no replacement for a single bracket or shaft. The prices of the twin mounts are outrageous. Any ideas where I can get ...the shaft without getting...the shaft?

This is not the first time I've heard of these poles breaking. I have friends who went through the same thing. One of them had 2 break.
If you're interested I've come up with a flag mount (for 6 x 9 flag) that fits on your license plate and the cost is less than $10. You can PM me or send me an email: zagan@cox.net

Chico

Ryder_Robert
02-09-2018, 08:47 AM
This is not the first time I've heard of these poles breaking. I have friends who went through the same thing. One of them had 2 break.
If you're interested I've come up with a flag mount (for 6 x 9 flag) that fits on your license plate and the cost is less than $10. You can PM me or send me an email: zagan@cox.net

Chico

Pics of the same?

ChicoFowler
02-09-2018, 01:23 PM
The rod came from Lowe's - it's a 3 ft chimney cleaning rod that I cut off the ends and cut into roughly 12" pieces - i rod makes 3 poles
The top is a chrome acorn nut ( 3/8")
You need a rubber padded clamp
90 degree shelf bracket - I got the 2" size
Stainless steel nuts, bolts, washers
Rubber grommets 1/4"
O rings 1/4" - not really needed. Put them under the grommets for show.
I bent the 90 degree brackets slightly outward, in case you run into an over zealous policeman that thinks your flag is blocking your plate. When I put the bracket on, I tilted the clamp a little bit down to give an angle to the flag instead of straight up and down.
Parts cost me less than $8.50 per assembly. Not counting drying time for epoxy (for the acorn nut on top), it took me less than 20 minutes to put together.
I put 2 on my plate over a year ago and never had a problem. Use the lock washers and tighten down tight so nothing slips. Several members of our NISR club are also using these.