PDA

View Full Version : Lasers

gerald37
02-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Since I made the video on the laser alignment of my 2015 Spyder. I purchased two new Johnson lasers. These were much better lasers than what I had. The ones I had I could not accurately calibrate them. If you are going to laser line, it is very important that the lasers are calibrated accurately. I made a video showing how I checked the lasers. They were just about accurate out-of-the-box. I did have to make one little change on one of them. After calibrating them I did another alignment on my Spyder and found it was off from the first alignment. I cannot stress how important it is to have the lasers accurately calibrated. I took my Spyder out yesterday for a short ride and it sure did handle good but it always has. My front tires were starting to cup a little on the inside but not bad for 17,000 miles. Here is a You Tube Video showing how I checked the calibration of the lasers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2NXd-6SPgY&t=11s

gerald37
02-04-2018, 03:11 PM
Very good, but I didnt see any credit given to me for telling you how to do it.:lecturef_smilie:

You are correct you were the one that told me how important it was to calibrate the lasers and how to do it. I thought it would be good to show people so if they want to do their own. I feel I have my alignment about as close as I can get it and I do give you the credit in helping me do it. Thanks.