2013REDRTS
02-03-2018, 10:33 AM
Magic Mirrors getting put on after work today. :yes::yes::yes: Thank GOD

quasi
02-03-2018, 10:38 AM
that's my next on the to buy list.

Chupaca
02-03-2018, 10:42 AM
Will make your life much easier...:clap: seems you have to take them off quite often...:banghead:

Fire34
02-03-2018, 10:49 AM
What are magic mirrors ? How do they make life easier?

Dave

eddieshep999
02-03-2018, 11:05 AM

Dave

See these videos

https://youtu.be/YS-RUcow91s

https://youtu.be/y_jlV6O76Hc

robhowen
02-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Enjoy, I sure do enjoy having mine as it makes taking the mirrors off so easy and encourages me to do work that requires mirror removal. I've also not experienced any of the radio, gauges, or other issues a few have commented on.

Rob

Magic Mirrors getting put on after work today.

Little Blue
02-03-2018, 11:40 AM
YES, You will love the new set up. Watch out for the crazy magnets. Follow the Directions and it is and easy job. :thumbup:

DGoebel
02-03-2018, 12:05 PM
I can't think of how many times I have enjoyed removing my mirrors with the Magic Mirrors installed since putting them on.
I've added a few farkles done a bit of maintenance, oil changes, etc and it seems like every maintenance process starts with... "Remove the Mirrors"
I loathed those factory pins and clips. I replaced all six, have driven many thousands of miles with them and no tether, no pins, and never had a mirror come loose.

Larry rt
02-03-2018, 12:06 PM
They are one of the easiest installs for this bike! You will love them!

2dogs
02-03-2018, 12:15 PM
Magic Mirrors, like cam spyders, are hugely over priced. If you are a DIY'r you can make your own magic mirrors for about $20. There was a poster on here a while back that showed how he made his along with step by step instructions and photos.

Bob Denman
02-03-2018, 12:43 PM
Magic Mirrors mirror mounts are a GREAT addition to an RT. :thumbup:

Those are the first item on my farkle list for the new bike...

...followed closely by a pair of Lidlox! :yes:

oldguyinTX
02-03-2018, 01:09 PM
Best thing since sliced bread. My (defunct) dealer absolutely loved them, so much so that he ordered a set for his own Spyder.

Bob Denman
02-03-2018, 01:37 PM
Dwight,
How are you healing up? :dontknow:

Mazo EMS2
02-03-2018, 01:45 PM
Magic Mirrors, like cam spyders, are hugely over priced. If you are a DIY'r you can make your own magic mirrors for about $20. There was a poster on here a while back that showed how he made his along with step by step instructions and photos.

Yeah, I was a real sucker and bought a set from "that poster".....they sucked.:banghead: I bought a set of the Magic Mirror magnets and they are awesome. That other poster had good intentions, but didn't quite have it figured out. Maybe after some time he has though.

Mazo EMS2
02-03-2018, 01:49 PM

Dave

If you like to do some of your own work, you'll see that the mirrors have to come off for nearly everything you attempt. The Magic Mirror magnets make the removal of the mirrors a 20 second job, without risking damage to the OEM pins/clips. Not sure if they come with tethers yet, but mine didn't last year. I just used a couple of 8" steel fishing leaders......Piece of cake!!:bowdown:

Lew L
02-03-2018, 02:28 PM
Just ordered a set this morning from Ron. I've had to bend and repair the stock ( stupid ) mounting system twice and it won't withstand much more. Can't wait for this latest farkel.

Lew L

oldguyinTX
02-03-2018, 09:58 PM
Dwight,
How are you healing up? :dontknow:

Hey Bob, I'm doing well. Both hip replacements are great, and I have 3 more weeks of Outpatient therapy for my left shoulder and then I am DONE!!:bowdown: Three major surgeries in 11 months. Thank you Medicare! (And AARP Supplement) When do you get your new bike? Hopefully just in time for Spring.:clap:

Brentc
02-04-2018, 07:22 AM
Just looked at the Magic Mirror link and it says they do not ship to US and to go through there other suppliers here. Who are people buying from? I think I want to order some.....

PW2013STL
02-04-2018, 07:36 AM
Just looked at the Magic Mirror link and it says they do not ship to us and to go through there other suppliers here. Who are people buying from? I think I want to order some.....

Lamonster garage on the home page has them.

Bob Denman
02-04-2018, 10:11 AM
If you like to do some of your own work, you'll see that the mirrors have to come off for nearly everything you attempt.
About the only process that doesn't require removing the mirrors, is adding air to the rear tire! :thumbup:

:shocked: Oh... Wait a minute! :banghead: :gaah::cus::gaah:

KX5062
02-04-2018, 10:52 AM
Another big fan here. :clap::clap::clap:

stevencovert
02-05-2018, 06:36 PM
Magic Mirrors getting put on after work today. :yes::yes::yes: Thank GOD

If you are going to be taking panels off often to route those new LED's, or change oil, or, or,... This is the absolute best first farkle to get! :yes::yes::firstplace: Took me about 20 minutes to install per the videos. The very first time I popped off the mirror (after watching videos even!!) I broke the plastic mount :banghead:. Ordered Magic Mirrors that day. The only down side - I dropped them when prying apart and got two stuck together without a separator! WOW:shocked: did it take effort to get those magnets apart!

Edit: I did not use the tethers, as the wire connector also holds the very light mirror casing. I have never dropped one, they pop off now with a good downward pressure - not a "punch" like before.

al0vely
02-06-2018, 09:05 PM
Just looked at the Magic Mirror link and it says they do not ship to US and to go through there other suppliers here. Who are people buying from? I think I want to order some.....

Roadster Rennovations and Lamonster both listed on SL vendors page

Lew L
02-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Just ordered a set this morning from Ron. I've had to bend and repair the stock ( stupid ) mounting system twice and it won't withstand much more. Can't wait for this latest farkel.

Lew L

Mirrors arrived this afternoon----- With 2 hard candies:Dnojoke- fast service.--------probably install them tomorrow after skiing. Ya Ya I know why wait:yikes:

Lew L

merlot
02-07-2018, 09:42 PM
re the tethers
when we first brought out the MMs, the tethers were difficult to fit,and quite frankly,left a lot to be desired:yikes:
they were difficult to make also
so it was decided to discontinue them

the type we now use are simple to make easy to fit and extremely effective
so we now supply them in the kit and encourage their use:2thumbs:

we use a slightly different fitment technique for the magnets now,for bikes with analogue gauges

1.bring the bike up to temp
2.place the top magnet only and watch the temp gauge
3.if the gauge rises then flip the magnet over then refit...the gauge may drop slightly but this is the best option
4.repeat process for remaining 2 magnets then repeat for the other side watching the fuel gauge

of course the best option is to remove the analogues completely and fit something worthwhile in the holes..like a bsb port or blinker repeater or airbag pressure gauge

russ

Little Blue
02-08-2018, 04:57 AM
The magnet Check, Fixed my Gauge ISSUES. :thumbup: PS: See Post #25.:firstplace:

Lew L
02-08-2018, 08:12 PM
Mirrors arrived this afternoon----- With 2 hard candies:Dnojoke- fast service.--------probably install them tomorrow after skiing. Ya Ya I know why wait:yikes:

Lew L

Magic Mirror magnet system installed----- 45 or 50 minutes and easy BUT....................

Those magnets are really, really strongnojoke Do not get your credit cards with in a foot of these magnets. nojoke The field around the magnets is larger than you thinknojoke

Lew L