PDA

View Full Version : B.E.S.T. Coverage ...or not

RykerUSA
02-03-2018, 08:56 AM
I'm considering B.E.S.T. extended warranty. Other than normal maintenance and wear items like brakes, hoses, etc.; what does this extended warranty not cover? Is it really bumper-to-bumper? Does it cover Electronics, computers, etc??? Other exclusions?

Thanks in advance.

Highwayman2013
02-03-2018, 09:02 AM
https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/best-extended-service.html

Woodaddict
02-04-2018, 02:28 AM
roadside assistance

Little Blue
02-04-2018, 10:07 AM
For some reason there is nothing LISTED for Water Pump, Hoses, Clamps and Radiator. I wonder if this is 'A SECRET Fail' issue on BRP. My water pump failed after only 6 months. Lucky, The 2 year warranty covered this. Not sure B.E.S.T warranty will cover. :lecturef_smilie:

RykerUSA
02-04-2018, 10:24 AM
I share your concern. Something tells me that they warranty the things that don't break.

Bob Denman
02-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Not to sound cranky about this...
But if you're not sure about B.E.S.T.: don't buy it.

But if you find one that IS better: please let us know about it! :thumbup:

2dogs
02-04-2018, 11:42 AM
To compare policies is go directly to "exclusions" and compare what's not covered. Compare deductibles and how long the company has been in business. B.E.S.T. is not necessarily the best policy. Price, duration of the policy, exclusions and deductibles all play a big roll in defining a good policy. Some companies have some very nice add-ons you can purchase such as tour packages, tire and wheel protection, accessory protection and many others. One of the most important players in defining coverage is the dealer's service manager. If you get a inexperienced unknowledgeable service manager combined with an uneducated service tech, there isn't any warrantee out there that can help you. One of the better ways to purchase and extended warrantee is to negotiate it into the purchase of a new bike. Dealers make some nice coin on selling extended warrantees.

Little Blue
02-11-2018, 04:32 AM
PM sent :thumbup:

cyclelover63
02-11-2018, 11:07 AM
BEST covered my water pump,valve cover gaskets and a micro switch on my parking brake.

Highwayman2013
02-11-2018, 11:38 AM
BEST covered our Instrument Cluster, our compressor and the fuel tank sending unit on our 2012 RTL. Did not cover the air bag in the rear suspension(wear item).

Schlic
02-11-2018, 02:55 PM
BEST covered our Instrument Cluster, our compressor and the fuel tank sending unit on our 2012 RTL. Did not cover the air bag in the rear suspension(wear item).

That's strange. BEST covered both my Air Compressor and the Air Bag in my rear suspension just a few months ago. 2013 RTL.:dontknow:

ARtraveler
02-11-2018, 02:59 PM
BEST seems to be the way that most :spyder2: owners go. You must purchase it before the regular warranty expires. Can purchase from any :f_spider: dealer. Berts Mega Mall--a SL sponsor seems to offer the best prices.

missouriboy
02-13-2018, 11:42 PM
Not to sound cranky about this...
But if you're not sure about B.E.S.T.: don't buy it.

But if you find one that IS better: please let us know about it! :thumbup:I had B.E.S.T. on OLD machine and lost half its cost when trading.

The (new) dealer for NEW machine pushed RPM ONE instead of B.E.S.T. It costs and covers about the same, but the big difference is: You can cancel for refund any unused portion when trading/selling! I, however, did NO due diligence in comparing policies. I also don't know whether it must be purchased before factory warranty expiration; if not, this would be a great advantage.

I've used it only once: it paid the full cost of replacing my failed rear suspension compressor.

dwade
03-01-2018, 10:31 PM
I'm currently shopping prices for the BEST warranty as my warranty expires 3-21 on my 2015 RT Limited.

Earlier today I called Pitbull. Amanda Roberts returned my call. She asked for my VIN. When I gave it to her she said my VIN didn't work with the BEST warranty so my bike could not get the BEST warranty. She then pitched the Century warranty that goes for 36, 48 or 60 months.

She told me that the BEST warranty does not apply to every Spyder. I asked her what the defining points were that say Spyder A can get it and Spyder B can't. She said she just does the paperwork and didn't have an answer.

I then called my dealer "Cowtown in Cuba, MO". She quoted me $850 for the 3 yrs BEST. She didnt ask for my VIN, but then again she could have pulled it up from my purchase file.

I just called Berts Mega Mall and left a message with Jennifer Basa. I'm waiting for her callback.

Has anyone been told that not all Spyders qualify for the BEST warranty, because that was the first time I had heard that. :dontknow:

Don

cyclelover63
03-02-2018, 12:03 AM
That's strange. BEST covered both my Air Compressor and the Air Bag in my rear suspension just a few months ago. 2013 RTL.:dontknow:

BEST covered my compressor and airbag last week also..

al0vely
03-02-2018, 01:29 AM
I'm currently shopping prices for the BEST warranty as my warranty expires 3-21 on my 2015 RT Limited.

Earlier today I called Pitbull. Amanda Roberts returned my call. She asked for my VIN. When I gave it to her she said my VIN didn't work with the BEST warranty so my bike could not get the BEST warranty. She then pitched the Century warranty that goes for 36, 48 or 60 months.

She told me that the BEST warranty does not apply to every Spyder. I asked her what the defining points were that say Spyder A can get it and Spyder B can't. She said she just does the paperwork and didn't have an answer.

I then called my dealer "Cowtown in Cuba, MO". She quoted me $850 for the 3 yrs BEST. She didnt ask for my VIN, but then again she could have pulled it up from my purchase file.

I just called Berts Mega Mall and left a message with Jennifer Basa. I'm waiting for her callback.

Has anyone been told that not all Spyders qualify for the BEST warranty, because that was the first time I had heard that. :dontknow:

Don

Is it possible the rtss custom Cowtown build is causing the issue? Is the VIN used the one on the frame supplied by BRP?

Check with Sierra Cycles - I just got the 3 year extended warranty for less than your $850 quote.

ChicoFowler
03-02-2018, 08:43 AM
Is it possible the rtss custom Cowtown build is causing the issue? Is the VIN used the one on the frame supplied by BRP?

Check with Sierra Cycles - I just got the 3 year extended warranty for less than your $850 quote.

I've done research and I found Sierra Cycles offers a great deal. I'll be getting a 4 year warranty for less than $850

tofriendscreek
03-06-2018, 10:05 PM
Time will tell whether my choice was correct, but after comparing warranties, as closely as possible, I chose Zurich when I purchased my 17 F3 Ltd. Seven years coverage, running congruently with BRP factory warranty, was less than $800. BEST was very fair when I had my RT. And, knowledgeable and competent service and technicians is a hugely important part of any warranty or insurance situation.

Gordy
03-07-2018, 11:00 AM
I had best warranty and anything that needed repairs wasn't covered ,rear shock windshield arm although brp covered that on good will ,a few other things I can't remember .i don't think I would buy it again