PDA

View Full Version : Not covered under warranty

CarolinaSpyderRyder
02-02-2018, 03:35 PM
My 2014 RSS started leaking from the hose at the water pump. Apparently this is not covered by my B.E.S.T. warranty. Thoughts. Opinions.

ssmcclub
02-02-2018, 03:37 PM
had the same thing check the clamp on hose make tight should stop the leak mine did

SpyderAnn01
02-02-2018, 03:58 PM
​I suppose their thinking is that this is a wear item.

ofdave
02-02-2018, 04:07 PM
we here can certainly opine as to the reason.
What did the Best people say was the reason?

CarolinaSpyderRyder
02-02-2018, 04:37 PM
The list of covered items is very specific. Nothing in the cooling system is on the list.

billybovine
02-02-2018, 04:56 PM

jcthorne
02-02-2018, 05:00 PM
The list of covered items is very specific. Nothing in the cooling system is on the list.

BEST does not have a list of covered parts. Its an exclusionary policy. Everything is covered EXCEPT the parts listed. Unfortunately for the OP, hoses are one of the parts not covered.

BRPCares has posted a copy of the actual contract on here before. What is shown above is a picture of the sales brochure, its not a contract.

Chupaca
02-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Did you check with your dealer..? I would think if it is the loose connection they could tighten that up for you at no cost...Hoses are not covered but one could say it is not the hose that is bad....:thumbup:

ahh-cool
02-02-2018, 09:04 PM
What's a drive shaft? Does that mean the belt IS covered?

canamjhb
02-02-2018, 10:42 PM
What's a drive shaft? Does that mean the belt IS covered?

Wouldn't that be great. But, I don't think even the most liberal definition of a drive shaft would include a drive belt. We just don't have one of those (shaft).

rcturner
02-03-2018, 08:34 AM
When I bought my 2014 RT-S, my dealer told me not to buy the extended warranty. Mine was almost 2 years old when I bought it (dealer demo with fewer than 2000 miles on it) and they said that the current Best Warranty was really not a good investment as what it actually covered was very minimal. I followed their advise and all has been good.

CarolinaSpyderRyder
02-03-2018, 08:43 AM
Did you check with your dealer..? I would think if it is the loose connection they could tighten that up for you at no cost...Hoses are not covered but one could say it is not the hose that is bad....:thumbup:

The Dealer near me doesn't do anything for free. :)

SpyderAnn01
02-03-2018, 11:03 AM
When I bought my 2014 RT-S, my dealer told me not to buy the extended warranty. Mine was almost 2 years old when I bought it (dealer demo with fewer than 2000 miles on it) and they said that the current Best Warranty was really not a good investment as what it actually covered was very minimal. I followed their advise and all has been good.

i have gotten my money’s worth out of all of the BEST policies I have had. I suppose if you don’t put any miles on your Spyder it might not pay but if you ride, or plan to sell it in a few years the coverage is worth it. I easily sold my 14 RTS with 123,000 miles on it and one of the things that sealed the deal was the remaining 1 1/2 years BEST coverage.

canamjhb
02-03-2018, 09:32 PM
I bought my used 2014 from a non-Can Am dealer who had no clue that it was still under warranty. In fact it was advertised as having no warranty. I did a little homework and was more informed than the selling dealer (but didn't tell them, of course). I had the warranty extended for another 2 years after buying it. This was a major deciding point when I bought the bike. Worth it....? time will tell. But I bought this bike instead of another, in part, because of the warranty availability.

Bumble_B
02-03-2018, 10:25 PM

Warranty covered replacingthe instrument cluster assembly, dealer said retail was near a grand. the brake switch was covered along with the tow for a triggered limp mode and now the suspension compressor needs replacing. All under warranty$$$.

oldgoat
02-04-2018, 09:21 AM

Mine said the same when I bought my '08 in '12 with only 150km (100miles) on it. It proved to be good advice. However I'm sure there are a lot of owners for whom it has proven to be an excellent investment.

Bob Denman
02-04-2018, 09:32 AM
So if they're not going to cover this: how much does it cost to buy the right sized hose and clamps, and replace them yourself?
(It might not even make it to the deductible... :opps:)

Little Blue
02-04-2018, 09:52 AM
$49.95 parts and a $50.00 Deductible :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Bob Denman
02-04-2018, 10:06 AM
I've seen that happen a thousand times... nojoke