PDA

View Full Version : Southern Winter

2Paw
02-02-2018, 12:13 PM
This seems to be so true and will also apply to Northern Transplants who stay long enough.:D

https://i.imgur.com/qVaNPhE.png

Bob Denman
02-02-2018, 12:21 PM
Yup! :roflblack:

We drove up the East Coast during the Christmas, 1992 ice storm... :shocked:

I have NEVER seen such a bunch of bone-headed driving in my entire life! nojoke
About an inch of ice covered everything.
We were in a Chevy Blazer, and making decent progress: despite the conditions.
Once we got into some traffic: it's as if everybody decided that there was going to be a lot of accidents that day.... so they had to drive EXTRA fast; to get ahead of them! :banghead:
I watched a guy come off of an entrance ramp completely sideways. He got collected by a small dump truck that never lifted his foot from the throttle, and pushed this guy down the highway in front of him... at 60 mph!! :yikes:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
02-02-2018, 12:27 PM
When my wife & i retire in nc we are thinking of keeping one of our snowblowers to bring with us along with
snow shovel, one of my vendors in nc sent me email of his backyard with 6"'s a few weeks ago.

Bob Denman
02-02-2018, 12:35 PM
That's what we're gonna do also! :thumbup:
We'll tie it to the back of our truck, and when somebody asks us what the heck it is... :dontknow:

...THAT's where we'll be staying! :D

MR. H1956
02-02-2018, 01:02 PM
This seems to be so true and will also apply to Northern Transplants who stay long enough.:D

https://i.imgur.com/qVaNPhE.png
Now that was funny and so true in middle Tennessee. These people around here can't drive when it comes a sprinkle of rain for 20 seconds

ARtraveler
02-02-2018, 02:59 PM
When my wife & i retire in nc we are thinking of keeping one of our snowblowers to bring with us along with
snow shovel, one of my vendors in nc sent me email of his backyard with 6"'s a few weeks ago.

If you bring the snowblower and shovel that should be your guarantee that you will not need them. Murphy's Law in reverse. :yes:

2Paw
02-02-2018, 03:19 PM
This is what we used as a snow shovel back when I was a kid we called it a corn scoop because that was what it was mostly used for. You can get more snow in one of these than you can lift. I still have one even though I don't have much use for it these days here in Texas.

ARtraveler
02-02-2018, 03:21 PM
This is what we used as a snow shovel back when I was a kid we called it a corn scoop because that was what it was mostly used for. You can get more snow in one of these than you can lift. I still have one even though I don't have much use for it these days here in Texas.

AKA--Heart Attack Shovel