PDA

View Full Version : What's better than a Spyder?

Rando
05-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Two Spyders! HISZ & HERSZ

I didn't want to post anything until now. Yes, I purchased a second yellow Spyder for my wife a couple of weeks ago. It's a used 2008 SE5. It is also the first motorcycle my wife has ever driven and we are both 50 something.

The reason I didn't want to say anything until today is right after it arrived, my wife had to leave for Arizona for 8 days. She just returned home Wednesday. Yesterday she road it for the first time. She road it around our back yard where we used to keep horses. Today she took the written test and we just returned from our first ryde together down the back roads, nice and slow! I am so proud of her!

We will be taking it really slow. I don't want to push her and I will let her work at her own pace.

I ordered a Scala Rider Q2 but it hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully tomorrow!

fastfraser
05-22-2009, 07:31 PM
:congrats: Happy :spyder2:ing.

DynamoBT
05-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Congratulations!!! I hope you enjoy getting out together. I bet you have a blast.

ataDude
05-22-2009, 07:35 PM
That's cool, Rando. Congrats!

dltang
05-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Yeah for Bonnie, now you have to get her on SpyderLovers, she can be Bondo...LOL:2thumbs:

RubyRed
05-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Congrats on the 2nd :f_spider:!!

NancysToy
05-22-2009, 08:10 PM
How wonderful Rando! Hope to see you both on the road soon. They cleared Nancy to ride again, but she hasn't quite felt like trying yet. Soon, very soon. There goes my unlimited use of her Spyder. Maybe we need two, too. :thumbup:
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

Lamonster
05-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Very cool, :congrats::yes::yes::spyder::spyder:

Magic Man
05-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Way to go! :doorag::2thumbs:

MM

dltang
05-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Way to go! :doorag::2thumbs:

MM

You know Ev, with all these folks getting a second spyder, I'm just wondering, does Pat have or want one? Just think another spyder to deck out. :2thumbs::ohyea:

Big Arm
05-22-2009, 09:12 PM
:congrats: Rando on your purchase. Wishing you both the very best :thumbup:

jimclarkf1
05-22-2009, 09:24 PM
I wonder if she will want any mods:dontknow: Im 57 also its my 1st bike:ohyea:now my wife has given a couple of hints about a:spyder:for her:gaah:

dltang
05-22-2009, 09:32 PM
I wonder if she will want any mods:dontknow: Im 57 also its my 1st bike:ohyea:now my wife has given a couple of hints about a:spyder:for her:gaah:

Oh yeah, another multi spyder home in the making. Gotta love it.

Roaddog2
05-22-2009, 09:44 PM
How wonderful Rando! Hope to see you both on the road soon. They cleared Nancy to ride again, but she hasn't quite felt like trying yet. Soon, very soon. There goes my unlimited use of her Spyder. Maybe we need two, too. :thumbup:
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif Shame on you if you can't make room for two :joke:

Donk45
05-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Nothing is better than a spyder

http://www.ferrarituningmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/ferrari-f430-spider-f1-2.jpg

It's still a spyder :f_spider:

wildwillie
05-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Thats cool rando how you been wildwillie

bjt
05-23-2009, 12:41 AM
Congrats rando. Part of me thinks you bought this for her so she won't give you grief over all the mods you buy for your Spyder. :D

babyanlee
05-23-2009, 05:31 AM
:congrats: :spyder::yes::yes::yes: Safe Ryding :doorag:

NancysToy
05-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Shame on you if you can't make room for two :joke:
I had a hard enough time making room for one! I have my eye on another vintage bike, anyway, and Nancy has already imposed a "one-in, one-out" rule that is complicating my life. When I suggested that the one out be her 63 Falcon convertible, she protested loudly! :lecturef_smilie: Real headache is that I can't just get rid of a single bike to add a Spyder, two of them won't fit in one garage stall, so I'd have to clear out another whole side. Then where would my hotrod reside? :D

bjt
05-23-2009, 07:07 AM
I had a hard enough time making room for one! I have my eye on another vintage bike, anyway, and Nancy has already imposed a "one-in, one-out" rule that is complicating my life. When I suggested that the one out be her 63 Falcon convertible, she protested loudly! :lecturef_smilie: Real headache is that I can't just get rid of a single bike to add a Spyder, two of them won't fit in one garage stall, so I'd have to clear out another whole side. Then where would my hotrod reside? :D

You need to build another garage. With the extra empty space, maybe Nancy would let you work on filling it up. :D

0228lisa
05-24-2009, 12:07 AM

There will be no getting rid of vintage cars.....this is where I put my foot down.:lecturef_smilie: ;)

8LEGS
05-24-2009, 11:27 PM
:2thumbs: congrats!

Rando
05-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Two happy Spyder owners! Two happy Frenchies!

Al Bragg
05-27-2009, 07:37 PM
:clap:You should like the Q2's. My wife and I use them all the time now when riding. It's lots of fun being able to talk about the ride, what you just missed running over and such :yikes:

Rando
05-27-2009, 07:42 PM
You should like the Q2's.Yes, we REALLY like the Q2's!. I HIGHLY recommend them!:2thumbs: The only issue is wind noise with my wifes mic. I ordered a CHAD for her so that should fix the problem. She rides with an open face helmet. I don't have any wind issues since I have a full face helmet and a slider windshield.

bjt
05-28-2009, 09:18 AM

Thats two cute dogs there. :thumbup:

spyderbitten
05-28-2009, 09:58 AM
:2thumbs: :congrats:

dltang
05-28-2009, 10:17 AM

Tell Bonnie, to be careful, she looks happy on that spyder.:2thumbs::2thumbs: Let me know if you get those dog carriers for the Frenchies and how they enjoy the ride. I love those faces.

0228lisa
05-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Good for her! :congrats:

SpyderGirl
05-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Very cool! :2thumbs: My hubby wants one of his own too but he thought it might be weird us both owning the same vehicle... but I assure him there are plenty of couples out there with one Spyder each... of course I would want two different colors. Maybe if we could get a good deal on one in the future we'll have a second one. Right now GE Money owns my Spyder for at least the next 4 to 5 years.

redspyderlady
05-28-2009, 01:56 PM
That's awesome:congrats: Have fun and drive safely.

jnt
05-28-2009, 01:59 PM
:congrats::clap::2thumbs: Wow!! :yes::yes:

Ryde safe!!

Smylinacha
05-28-2009, 07:25 PM
:clap::2thumbs::congrats:

Roaddog2
05-28-2009, 09:22 PM
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif:agree:In Ct we have property taxes on everything my garage would be like yours if that wasn't the case.
They neven hire private companys to spy and see what you got
had parents cars in driveway a few years back when cars were in probate court and started getting tax bills on them :ani29: