PDA

View Full Version : RDL seat-order or drive in?

PrairieSpyder
02-02-2018, 12:12 PM
I plan to get an RDL seat this year. They’re almost 1700 miles from me. So I thought about a drive in appt to coincide with the NirCal rally. But I’d really like to have it sooner so I could enjoy it this ryding season. Can you recommend other events in the West earlier in the year?

Or I could fill out the form, take pics, etc. and order it from here. Has anyone done that with RDL? Are you happy with the results? How can I compare the 2 strategies?

SpyderAnn01
02-02-2018, 12:20 PM
Joe sent a seat to them for one of his Harley’s and he was happy with the results. I did a ride in and was also happy with the results.

PW2013STL
02-02-2018, 12:41 PM
Patti,

I have done it both ways, and both turned out well. That being said I did like the ride in better as I was able to sit on the saddle before they put the covering on to be sure it was the way I liked it.

Our RT was done by mail.

Les

MNBK
02-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Cheri and I have sent our seats (2010 RT and 2016 F3T) to them. Both came back with no issues what so ever. We just reinstalled them and away we went. No problems at all.

We did them during the winter months so no loss of riding time.

Spyder-Mel
02-02-2018, 05:02 PM
I plan to get an RDL seat this year. They’re almost 1700 miles from me. So I thought about a drive in appt to coincide with the NirCal rally. But I’d really like to have it sooner so I could enjoy it this ryding season. Can you recommend other events in the West earlier in the year?

Or I could fill out the form, take pics, etc. and order it from here. Has anyone done that with RDL? Are you happy with the results? How can I compare the 2 strategies?

FYI- I Mailed my pictures and order form on Jan. 22. Got a production date from Russell of May 3. Apparently they are busy.

juscuz
02-02-2018, 05:17 PM
FYI- I Mailed my pictures and order form on Jan. 22. Got a production date from Russell of May 3. Apparently they are busy.

Just sent mine off (f3s) yesterday for a March 5th build date. Hope time goes by fast!! Whew...

Peteoz
02-02-2018, 07:22 PM
Prairie, I have bought 4 from them via order, as I don’t have a tall enough snorkel to do a ride in, and 3 have been perfect. The 4th one was not perfect (uncomfortable after an hour or so). As soon as I contacted Daylong, they looked at the drawings of my new seat and said they could see the issue. I sent the seat back (they wore the cost of shipping, which was not insignificant), and the seat came back perfectly modified. That’s a long winded way of saying that even if there is a problem with remote ordering, Daylong will rectify it with a minimum of fuss.

Pete

JP58
02-02-2018, 08:18 PM
I sent mine in last winter and the seat is awesome. Even gets better with time.

shoes8
02-02-2018, 08:33 PM
Mailed mine in last year and it came out perfect! I will always have a RDL on my bike!

fjray
02-02-2018, 09:12 PM
I'm on RDL number 7. I've done it both ways with great results.