PDA

View Full Version : Head up about the new 2018's and the connection in the rear trunk.

ottawa-rider
02-01-2018, 05:27 PM
There is no longer a 12 volt round connector in the rear trunk of the new 2018 RT's where one could connect a battery maintainer.

I had to install the pigtail (which I conveniently had) connected directly to the battery.

Also, I noticed that if you switch the fuse from position 6 to position 7 to have the nonexistent plug always live, there is a small blue light that stays always on next to the two USB connectors that replace the round plug.

Bob Denman
02-03-2018, 09:47 AM
:shocked: That's an unfortunate change... nojoke
I guess that they'll be selling lots of 12 volt accessory plugs now.

eddieshep999
02-03-2018, 10:12 AM
There is no longer a 12 volt round connector in the rear trunk of the new 2018 RT's where one could connect a battery maintainer.

I had to install the pigtail (which I conveniently had) connected directly to the battery.

Also, I noticed that if you switch the fuse from position 6 to position 7 to have the nonexistent plug always live, there is a small blue light that stays always on next to the two USB connectors that replace the round plug.

I think BRP should have kept the Cigarette 12volt connector as many accessories use it
That way you could still use it for charging the battery and if you need to use a USB socket you can just plug in an adapter to convert the Cigarette socket to a USB or even a twin USB socket

JayBros
02-03-2018, 10:12 AM
IMO you were wise to connect the pigtail directly to the battery because if it's fused like Battery Tender Jr it will handle the load from an emergency compressor where the wiring from the trunk recepticle is not heavy enough for a compressor.

oldguyinTX
02-03-2018, 01:12 PM
Just like BRP to discontinue a very popular feature that lots of folks use.