PDA

View Full Version : homemade footboards

quasi
01-29-2018, 10:19 PM
acquired the 3/8" aluminum plate almost 2 years ago. figured it was time to use it. they're not perfect by any means, but only have about $40.00 in them. adjusted the toe shifter upward so no need for a heel shift, which I don't care for anyway. plenty of travel for the brake also.157358157359

oldguyinTX
01-29-2018, 10:48 PM
Looks like a pretty darn good job to me.:thumbup:

Chupaca
01-30-2018, 12:11 AM
Good job...congrats.!! :2thumbs: they do look good

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-30-2018, 01:57 AM
acquired the 3/8" aluminum plate almost 2 years ago. figured it was time to use it. they're not perfect by any means, but only have about $40.00 in them. adjusted the toe shifter upward so no need for a heel shift, which I don't care for anyway. plenty of travel for the brake also.157358157359I loooooooooove DIY'ers .... I did the same thing to my 2014 RT ..... You may want to do this also .... see that bolt head about 3in. behind your board ..... a piece of angle iron bolted to the underside of the board and stretching back to that bolt will increase the strength of your board x's 3 ...... just a thought ./..... nice job .... Mike :thumbup:

Eviltwin
01-30-2018, 07:22 AM
I'm planning on doing something very similar. I've looked at everything that is offered for sale and just can't justify the price. My plan is to mock up something in plywood and once I'm happy with the design to take those over to a local metal shop and have them cut some aluminum for me. Then I can drill and finish it off. Hadn't thought about using that non-skid sheet for the top surface, will have to give that some thought. Other options would be to use aluminum diamond plate and either leave it unfinished or maybe coat it with some bedliner type material. Third option would be to source some rubber diamond plate and glue it to the top.

The other design consideration would be how long to make them. Inspector Gadget style short so they only sit on the pegs or as Mike suggests, longer so they can take advantage of a second mount point for more stiffness and stability. Decisions, decisions.

SPYD3R
01-30-2018, 07:28 AM
AWESOME JOB...... :yes:

i see you used the 3M anti-skid stair strips, the yellow stripe is a 'give away'.... i also used them on my DIY F3 FLOOR BORDZ.... my boards are narrower than yours, and i was able to cut out the yellow portion...

don't cha just luv DIY's....? :thumbup:

157360 157361
Dan P
SPYD3R

robhowen
01-30-2018, 09:19 AM
Well done!
Rob

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-30-2018, 10:10 AM
I'm planning on doing something very similar. I've looked at everything that is offered for sale and just can't justify the price. My plan is to mock up something in plywood and once I'm happy with the design to take those over to a local metal shop and have them cut some aluminum for me. Then I can drill and finish it off. Hadn't thought about using that non-skid sheet for the top surface, will have to give that some thought. Other options would be to use aluminum diamond plate and either leave it unfinished or maybe coat it with some bedliner type material. Third option would be to source some rubber diamond plate and glue it to the top.

The other design consideration would be how long to make them. Inspector Gadget style short so they only sit on the pegs or as Mike suggests, longer so they can take advantage of a second mount point for more stiffness and stability. Decisions, decisions. It wasn't mentioned above but changing to boards are very easy thanks to the way BRP made the stock Pegs .... Just remove the rubber cover ...match the two holes to your board and put some bolts in it, then it's good to go ....the angle is already good because the Peg bracket is slanted ...... The reason I mentioned adding the rear piece of angle iron, was because He had already made them a little too short , if you start from scratch you can make the board a little longer ..... then you can have a small hidden piece of angle under the board to attach using the OEM bolt ....... Mike :thumbup:

ARtraveler
01-30-2018, 04:24 PM
My all time favorite "home made" floorboards.

From ArntUFun:

New Floorboard Company !
We all want to know who makes the best floorboards for the Spyder and now the question has finally been answered. :firstplace: I do !!! The name of my company is called........ "2 by FLOOR" or "2xFLOOR" for short.

These new boards can be painted with any color available from your local Home Depot. So the choices for color are endless. These boards come complete with the nessesary hardware to mount them in place (zip ties). These awesome new floorboards are on sale for 59.95 (introductory price) plus shipping. The price might seem a little high, but believe me the quality is worth it.

Although I'm not a site sponsor yet, I will be after a few sets of these are sold. So without further adieu introducing............

2xFLOOR

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36982&d=1321478976
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36983&d=1321479019
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36984&d=1321479111

als
01-30-2018, 04:55 PM
Do these come with a termite warranty?

My all time favorite "home made" floorboards.

From ArntUFun:

New Floorboard Company !
We all want to know who makes the best floorboards for the Spyder and now the question has finally been answered. :firstplace: I do !!! The name of my company is called........ "2 by FLOOR" or "2xFLOOR" for short.

These new boards can be painted with any color available from your local Home Depot. So the choices for color are endless. These boards come complete with the nessesary hardware to mount them in place (zip ties). These awesome new floorboards are on sale for 59.95 (introductory price) plus shipping. The price might seem a little high, but believe me the quality is worth it.

Although I'm not a site sponsor yet, I will be after a few sets of these are sold. So without further adieu introducing............

2xFLOOR

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36982&d=1321478976
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36983&d=1321479019
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36984&d=1321479111

MR. H1956
01-30-2018, 09:10 PM
Do these come with a termite warranty?
Can you get those in water proof and in black and silver. Or maybe in 2 x 6. I wear wide boots sometimes.