PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I know you....

spyderider1
01-29-2018, 07:26 PM
Being one of the new people on the Forum I thought it'd be nice to meet the neighbors, so to speak. And with our ability to travel with our Spyders, here's a way to connect the dots by sharing the name of our town and what it's famous for. Everyone's proud of where they come from and this is a chance to show it. So I'll get things started....

Neenah, Wisconsin. Just down the road from Green Bay's Lambeau Field, an excellent destination. If you go there, take the stadium tour it's great!
Neenah is the birthplace of the Kimberly Clark Corporation in 1872. That's four years before Custer lost his at Little Big Horn. KC, as they're known locally make Bath Tissue, Kleenex, and Huggies among other things. We also have the Neenah Foundry which turns out all those man hole covers you see from coast to coast. Pierce Fire Trucks are made nearby and Gulfstream has a large workforce here building their corporate aircraft.

So who's next? Where do you live and what's it famous for?

JFD
01-29-2018, 08:30 PM
Nothing famous in Lake Villa, but we come up to sail with our friends as members of the High Cliff Yacht Club, for one week a month every summer. We are often in Neenah and Menasha and sail with the Neenah Nodaway Yacht Club (established 1863 or there-abouts) sometimes. I keep trying to figure out how to bring the 26 foot sailboat, the 14 foot catamaran and the Spyder up all at once behind the truck. So far, no luck.

tehrlich
01-29-2018, 09:15 PM
Austin, Texas. The only place a respectable Californian would live in Texas. :roflblack:

Live Music Capital of the World

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4474/37991551582_941fbbe45d.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/ZTbCFq)
Austin Town Lake Congress Street Bridge (https://flic.kr/p/ZTbCFq) by Todd Ehrlich (https://www.flickr.com/photos/132204920@N05/), on Flickr

SpyderAnn01
01-29-2018, 09:48 PM
Nothing famous in Lake Villa, but we come up to sail with our friends as members of the High Cliff Yacht Club, for one week a month every summer. We are often in Neenah and Menasha and sail with the Neenah Nodaway Yacht Club (established 1863 or there-abouts) sometimes. I keep trying to figure out how to bring the 26 foot sailboat, the 14 foot catamaran and the Spyder up all at once behind the truck. So far, no luck.

I'm originally from Mundelein, so we were neighbors! Mundelein was named after Cardinal Mundelein who is buried at Saint Mary of the Lakes Seminary which is an absolutely beautiful place to drive through. Not sure if you can still just ride through or not but worth a try.

SpyderAnn01
01-29-2018, 10:03 PM
For the past 6 years we (CptJAM) have lived in Sin City. Yes, people actually live in Las Vegas and no, we don't go to the Strip often. If you come out to ride the must do rides are: Lake Mead National Recreation Area from Hoover Dam to Overton, NV. NIce curvy roads with awesome mountain and lake scenery, very little traffic. A side trip from there would be Valley of Fire State Park located just outside the northern boundary of Lake Mead. Red Rock Loop is another beautiful ride, much shorter than Lake Mead but very nice. If you go there take a ride to Bonnie Springs for lunch. Last would be a trip up Mount Charleston, the temperature will be much cooler there than in LV so be prepared. You can dine at the restaurant at the top. On the way down stop at the Visitor Center, sorry I can't remember the official name, from there you can see where a plane crashed that was headed to Area 51.

That's pretty much it for good riding around Las Vegas. If you come out give us a shout.

canamjhb
01-29-2018, 10:12 PM
Originally from Seattle. Famous for flying fish at Pike Place Market. Also the old home of Rainier Beer. My father designed the signs for the "Public Market" and the big "R" that was on top of the brewery next to I-5. The brewery is now defunct but the "R" is in the Museum of History and Industry. Last I heard, the city was planning to put another "R" on the old brewery building. Proud of my Pop........

PistonBlown
01-29-2018, 10:54 PM
Originally from Brixton, "Sarf" London, UK - famous for its...erm...riots?

Moved around a bit, but finally...live in South Island, New Zealand. Which is famous for being the greatest country in the world in every way AND, most importantly, has the best motorbike roads in the world.

2Paw
01-29-2018, 11:45 PM
Originally from Chillicothe, MO which is where the first commercial Bread Slicer was used, so it is now the "home of Sliced Bread"

Buckeye Chuck 54
01-30-2018, 08:22 AM
Zanesville Ohio, 50 miles east of Columbus on I-70.
We have one of the very few "Y" bridges in the world where the
Muskingum and Licking rivers meet.
Michigan State football coach Mark Dantonio and sportscaster
Dan Patrick and Buckeye Chuck 54 are all from here.
It was once the Capital of Ohio but moved to Columbus because
Zanesville didn't have The Ohio State University.

Highwayman2013
01-30-2018, 09:37 AM
Originally from Harvey's Lake, Pa. I'm a Retired UPS driver and my wife is a 3rd grade teacher in Clark County, NV. We live in North Las Vegas which is bordered by Las Vegas. We are close to RT66, Death Valley, CA, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam and many other scenic areas besides the strip. Don't come here to ride in the summer.

PrairieSpyder
01-30-2018, 09:46 AM
I live in Junction City, Kansas, where I was born and grew up. I left after college but eventually came back.

Of course, the countryside around here is dedicated to agriculture. As I grew up, you were either a town kid, a farm kid or an army kid.

JC is known world-wide as an army town, being adjacent to Fort Riley. Fort Riley is an old cavalry post established to protect the frontier while the US was being settled. Custer was stationed there just before heading to the Little Big Horn. Later it became an infantry post as well, commanded by George Patton. Once Patton was asked if he'd be interested in politics and he said the only elected position he'd want is mayor of Junction City! During WWII, there were several movie stars living here while they were posted at Fort Riley.

From the WWII era till the end of the draft JC had a reputation as a rough town. Now things are pretty sleepy, but I miss the hustle-bustle of that previous time. Now we have the biggest lake in Kansas just north of here and a few light industry concerns are here.

Little Blue
01-30-2018, 10:31 AM
I enjoy the Small Town of Indianapolis, IN. We have the Indy Auto Race called '500'. A Motorcycle Race, Sometimes a Grand Prix Race, and YES a NASCAR RACE. A Pro Football Team (we won the Super Bowl once), A Pro Basketball Team, a Minor League Baseball Team, County Fairs and A State Fair. INDIANA DOES COLLEGE BASKETBALL the BEST. I enjoy all the wonderful Indiana State Parks For R & R. We have Flat Land (for planting corn and beans) and we have some Rolling Hills in Southern IN. WE ALWAYS HAVE the FOUR SEASONS. WE Have a LITTLE of EVERYTHING for EVERYONE.:yes::yes::yes::yes: PS: The daughter says REMEMBER All The Wonderful Museums, The BEST is OUR World Famous CHILDREN'S MUSEUM. :thumbup: Thank You and have Blessed Day.

bcer960
01-30-2018, 10:42 AM
I live in Kamloops B.C. I was born here, but grew up in Vancouver B.C. ( about 4 hours east) I returned in my early 20's and have stayed.

Kamloops is located between the Coastal and Rocky mountains, where the North Thompson and South Thompson rivers meet. And is known for having over 200 lakes within 20 mins of downtown. However, it is also one of the few "desert" climates in Canada. Temps here go from 38 deg c in the summer to - 30 deg c in the winter, with several feet of snow every year. I didn't know they were rare until I read it here from Buckeye Chuck 54, but we also have a "Y" bridge.

Ray

DGoebel
01-30-2018, 11:14 AM
Faribault is one of the oldest communities in Minnesota, settled before statehood at the confluence of two rivers, home to the oldest Cathedral in Minnesota ( The Cathedral of Our Merciful Saviour) and to Faribault Woolen Mills (one of the largest and oldest woolen mills in MN). We're also famous for the Caves of Faribault, home to the first Blue Cheese aged in America, and cultured and aged in caves once used by the Fleckenstein Brewery company. We're also home to Shattuck-Saint Mary's founded in the 1850's as an Episcopal boarding school, then a military school and eventually famous for developing hockey players (our last US Olympic Hockey team had 9 players I think from SSM). Plus we have the State Academy for the Deaf and the State Academy for the Blind, and more.
A historic old town that still thrives with a small town appeal.
(and the Twin cities are just 35 miles north).

DGoebel
01-30-2018, 11:20 AM
Nothing famous in Lake Villa,... I keep trying to figure out how to bring the 26 foot sailboat, the 14 foot catamaran and the Spyder up all at once behind the truck. So far, no luck.
I love sailing as much as spydering, so just give me call and I'll bring a truck down to help caravan all that up to Neenah!

11rtLTD
01-30-2018, 11:36 AM
Wichita is known for being the"Air Capitol of the World"
Cessna, BeechCraft, Lear jet, and Spirit Aerosystems are here.
Spirit builds fuselages for Boeing, Airbus, Gulfstream, Mitsubishi, and government programs as well.
Wichita is also the home to the Coleman company.
Yes, the outdoors outfitters.
Best riding here is in the rural surrounding counties.
I'm not a big fan of the interstate rat race.
White Castle was started here, Pizza Hut was started here.
BigDog motorcycle and Koch Engineering were started here.
https://www.visitwichita.com/visitor-info/wichita-history/

Big Arm
01-30-2018, 11:58 AM
Sioux City, Iowa,..... also know as "Little Chicago" back in the days of prohibition, is situated on the banks of the Missouri River, where Nebraska, South Dakota and Iowa meet. Noted for being the Hartland of the Country, corn and soy beans are the main crops, as well as all the livestock, that is raise there. The main stockyards, as well as all the main packing plants, are long gone now, but we still have a big presents in the meat packing industry. Sioux City is home to American Pop Corn Co. makers of "Jolly Time", Palmer Candy Co. makers of the "Twin Bing", Gateway Computer, now Acer, and home to all the GREATpeople there. Spring and fall are great weather months, summer can be quite humid, and the winters can be .......brutal, to not bad.....
That's why the wife and I call Tucson, AZ our second home........which is home to the University of Arizona. ......not that I need any more schooling, but we sure can't complain about the weather for six months, which gives me more time to enjoy my '08 Spyder. So now let's hear from the rest of you.....

R FUN
01-30-2018, 12:21 PM
I am from Rocanville Saskatchewan, a town of less than one thousand people. We are the potash capital of the world [mined fertilizer] which is shipped world wide. The mine metal headframe in the tallest in the world and the mine over 3000 feet down is larger than our provintial capitol city in area. We also have the largest pump oil can in the world which was invented and manufactured here and still used all over the world and extensively by the military in WW2. Saskatchewan is big in oil and agriculture which supplies 85% of the worlds mustard.We are also one of the world largest suppliers of uranium, diamonds and many other minerals.

Navydad
01-30-2018, 12:59 PM
Chillicothe, Ohio. I guess one thing we have become famous for especially if you ride a motorcycle is the big Easy Riders Rodeo just outside of town at the fairgrounds. I am close to some great motorcycle roads and enjoy them all. One hour from WV and less than an hour from Ky. so I enjoy their roads too. We were also the first capitol of Ohio and the sight of the sun rising over Mt. Logan as seen from Thomas Worthington's mansion is what inspired the Seal of the State of Ohio that we use today. That is the view I have when sitting on my deck in the early morning.

pegasus1300
01-30-2018, 01:32 PM
Hmmmm well Spring City,Ut tiny town off of US 89 in central Utah. We have the Nebo Loop Scenic byway.You can see MT Nebo from my house. Cynthia is the great,great great great grand daughter of the founder of the city. She has never lived anywhere else. We are the gateway to the National Parks. We have Fairview Canyon Rd,Scofield Road,Huntington Canyon, Indian Canyon Wolf Creek Pass,and a lot more all within a few minutes to a couple of hours of our house. There is just a plethora of good rides close to me.

bcer960
01-30-2018, 01:42 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Spyerider 1 for setting up this thread, I for one, am enjoying reading about all these places and people.

Buckeye Bleau
01-30-2018, 01:58 PM
Canton, Ohio, here.

Historically, we are the home of three interesting and diverse industries.

Hoover Vacuum - What a dirty world it would be without us.
Timken Steel and Roller Bearing - The world won't move without us.
The Pro Football Hall of Fame - Where they enshrine the players and in this town they do stand for the national anthem and they fly the flags proudly at the HOF. On a side note, The HOF is here because pro football was founded here at a local Hupmobile Dealership, one of the few existing original teams is the Green Bay Packers.

Joe

Bob Denman
01-30-2018, 02:06 PM
:D I had to go find the story for you all!

At this time there were several hundred troops stationed at a fort on Honk Hill. Their commander, on learning what had occurred, at once resolved to dispatch a part of his men to intercept the savages at the Chestnut Woods, about thirteen miles from Napanoch. Volunteers were called for, when an officer named John Graham, stepped forward, and offered to go with a sergeant's guard, consisting of eighteen privates and a sergeant and corporal. He was offered more, but refused to take them. But one of those whom he proposed to lead on a hazardous expedition, was an expert Indian-fighter. The name of this man was Abraham Van Campen, and he was a near kinsman of the noted Major Moses Van Campen. The others were from the old settlements east of the Shawangunk, and unused to border-warfare.

When Graham reached the Chestnut woods, he had seen nothing of the enemy, and probably not knowing whether they were in advance or in his rear, he encamped in a valley where Chestnut brook enters the Papacton creek near the late residence of Neil Benson, deceased. At this place, the hills form a triangle, with a space of nearly level ground at the junction of the streams, and narrow gorges leading north, east and west. Here he resolved to wait and surprise the marauders if they passed that way, and while doing so he sent away Van Campen to procure venison.*[The Van Campens were of an old and aristocratic Dutch family, to whom the Van Camp patent had been granted. They degenerated into hunters and trappers, and were as wild as the Indians themselves. Major Moses Van Campen, the spy and guide of General Sullivan when he destroyed the villages of the Senecas, was probably the only white man who ever penetrated the camp of hostile Indians, and after circulating freely among them, got away safely.]
No rat ever walked more unconsciously into a trap than did the brave but rash Graham. Without knowing it, he and his party were as completely in the power of the enemy as if they had been a covey of partridges under a fowler's net. The Indians and tories occupied the elevations on every side, where they were securely posted behind tree-trunks, and awaited the signal of death from their leader. But they were not content with their advantage in position. One of their number approached the whites by the usual path, and drew their fire. As he came in sight, Graham was drinking from the brook. When he arose to his feet, he saw the red man and ordered his men to fire. The Indian fell upon his face, the balls whistled over his head, he jumped upon his feet, and disappeared in the bushes, as a murderous volley was poured upon Graham and his friends from every side. But two beside Van Campen escaped, and it is not known that a single one of the assailants received so much as a scratch. History does not record the name of the commander of the Indians; but his extraordinary skill leaves but little doubt that he was the celebrated Colonel Brant. †[Indian Narratives.]

So our Town is named after an unwilling participant in an "Indian encounter with unfortunate results". :shocked:

RinconRyder
01-30-2018, 02:36 PM
JC is known world-wide as an army town, being adjacent to Fort Riley. Fort Riley is an old cavalry post established to protect the frontier while the US was being settled.

My father was drafted into the Army in 1940 and stationed at Fort Riley in the cavalry - same outfit as Custer's. Mom and dad were married on the post in 1942 after which he was transferred into armor and became an amphib tank commander in the invasion of Leyte in 1944.

In his 70's he could still remember the names of others in his company and the names of their horses. His was a mare called Dinkus. After Pearl Harbor his outfit spent some time at the old Papago Park post here in Phoenix (which is where he met my mom). The 7th Cavalry held their last charge here shortly before disbanding. We scattered his ashes there after he died.

BigGuy66
01-30-2018, 02:44 PM
...and our town of Winona Lake, IN - now The Village at Winona. From the website:

"During the late 19th century, the Winona Lake area became home to the Beyer brothers, a family of enterprising dairy farmers who first saw the area’s artesian springs as a source of natural refrigeration for their company. Over time they saw the potential for much more. In 1887, the brothers built Spring Fountain Park, a resort complete with a hotel, a racetrack and a roller coaster.

The resort was sold in 1894 to Presbyterian church leader Dr. Solomon Dickey, who dreamed of turning the area into a religious retreat. Thanks to his substantial improvements—including the building of homes, cottages and the canal—the succeeding years brought significant growth to the area. Conferences, church retreats and summer vacations swelled the Park’s seasonal tourism.

By 1905, the resort and surrounding area had been renamed Winona Lake. The following ten years are now known as the ‘Golden Age’ of Winona Lake, with summer tourism reaching 250,000. It was during these years that evangelist Billy Sunday built a home in the nearby village. Thanks to Sunday’s presence, Winona Lake became a haven for religious community, its summer days filled with church conferences, conventions and training schools. The area became oasis for Midwesterners looking for rest and relaxation as well as strong spiritual community.
In 1994, a restoration project began to transform the Winona Lake community to its former glory. With the creation of new commercial and residential areas, as well as the restoration of nearly 30 properties, new life began to reappear. Over the last 20 years the area has once again been transformed into one of Northern Indiana’s prime recreation and shopping destinations. The Village at Winona is now an integral part of the community, serving locals, Grace College students and faculty as well as the many vacationers who make day and weekend trips to the area. The Village contributes to Winona Lake’s unique character by welcoming small businesses seeking to build a sustainable presence in this welcoming and historic community."

http://villageatwinona.com/our-story/

BigGuy66
01-30-2018, 02:54 PM
...and knowing more about friends on the forum and where they live. Kudos Spyderyder1 for thinking of this thread...
Jim

ARtraveler
01-30-2018, 03:44 PM
Chugiak AK: A small bedroom community about 30 miles from the Metropolis of Anchorage--population 250,000 or so--the largest city in the State of 700,000.

Chugiak, has a population of a couple thousand. Located 5 miles from Eagle River, (pop. about 30,000). That's where we shop and buy most of the necessities of life. I rarely head to Anchorage these days.

Surrounded by beautiful, snow capped mountains, I have at least five 100 mile plus scenery trips within 15 miles of my back door. My daily mail box run (2 blocks) usually turns into a 100 mile or more ride. Even though its the same routes, the scenery changes from day to day. That is beautiful Alaska for you. If we want to travel--a bounty of scenery awaits in any direction.

My signature pictures below. Left is 15 miles from home, Right is 50 miles from home.

The riders from NtA who visited in 2015 will attest to the beauty of the State, I am sure.

Everyone should have Alaska as a bucket list trip. :yes::yes:

RapidSpyder
01-30-2018, 04:06 PM
I don’t know if there’s anything special about Rapid City except for it’s location. It takes me 25 minutes to get to Mt. Rushmore or Sturgis from my house. I feel blessed to live in a place where my wife and I jump on the Spyder for an hour after work and feel like we went on vacation. We put 4800 miles on just riding around the Hills last year.

rustynail51
01-30-2018, 04:27 PM
Dilworth was and still is a railroad town it started out as a station for the Northern Pacific Railroad it now has a a large switch yard for the Burlington Northern Santa Fe. A large part of the american economy runs right through our town we know how well the countries economy is by how busy the rail yard is. A big plus is when there is a living history run with any number of historical steam engines many come right through Dilworth. Our town is located just east of the cities Fargo,Nd and Moorhead,Mn.

ARtraveler
01-30-2018, 04:29 PM
I don’t know if there’s anything special about Rapid City except for it’s location. It takes me 25 minutes to get to Mt. Rushmore or Sturgis from my house. I feel blessed to live in a place where my wife and jump on the Spyder for an hour after work and feel like we went on vacation. We put 4800 miles on just riding around the Hills last year.

You live in one of my favorite destinations. From a base at Custer State Park or Rapid City--beautiful stuff any direction. :yes::yes:

PrairieSpyder
01-30-2018, 05:01 PM
Chugiak AK: A small bedroom community about 30 miles from the Metropolis of Anchorage--population 250,000 or so--the largest city in the State of 700,000.

Chugiak, has a population of a couple thousand. Located 5 miles from Eagle River, (pop. about 30,000). That's where we shop and buy most of the necessities of life. I rarely head to Anchorage these days.

Surrounded by beautiful, snow capped mountains, I have at least five 100 mile plus scenery trips within 15 miles of my back door. My daily mail box run (2 blocks) usually turns into a 100 mile or more ride. Even though its the same routes, the scenery changes from day to day. That is beautiful Alaska for you. If we want to travel--a bounty of scenery awaits in any direction.

My signature pictures below. Left is 15 miles from home, Right is 50 miles from home.

The riders from NtA who visited in 2015 will attest to the beauty of the State, I am sure.

Everyone should have Alaska as a bucket list trip. :yes::yes:

I was in the NtA group and :agree: completely about the beauty of Alaska. It is a must-see destination and I'm happy I could make that trip.

Mazo EMS2
01-30-2018, 05:59 PM
Spring Green, WI. Well, originally anyway. Now my wife and I live in the armpit of Iowa cty...a little town called Arena. Arena has nothing, and by nothing, I MEAN nothing....LOL. Spring Green is sort of famous for American Players Theater, Frank Lloyd Wright, and the Taliesin of course. Just down the road is The House On The Rock too, and The Springs Golf Course. It's a quiet little town of about 2500. Well kept and clean. We were in Green bay last year and we took the Lambeau tour last year and liked it too:clap:
Have you checked out The Rendezvous at Robs Performance yet? It's a fun summer wknd gathering of Spyder Ryders

Mazo EMS2
01-30-2018, 06:03 PM
I don’t know if there’s anything special about Rapid City except for it’s location. It takes me 25 minutes to get to Mt. Rushmore or Sturgis from my house. I feel blessed to live in a place where my wife and jump on the Spyder for an hour after work and feel like we went on vacation. We put 4800 miles on just riding around the Hills last year.

We stayed in Custer last year too and loved the area. That's a good way to put it "go for a ride and feel like you're on vacation". Awesome area. Southwest WI is very pretty too, we just don't have mountains, but the ridge tops and winding county roads make up for it

stevencovert
01-30-2018, 06:24 PM
Jamestown up North and Virginia Beach South!

ARtraveler
01-30-2018, 06:32 PM
Spring Green, WI. Well, originally anyway. Now my wife and I live in the armpit of Iowa cty...a little town called Arena. Arena has nothing, and by nothing, I MEAN nothing....LOL. Spring Green is sort of famous for American Players Theater, Frank Lloyd Wright, and the Taliesin of course. Just down the road is The House On The Rock too, and The Springs Golf Course. It's a quiet little town of about 2500. Well kept and clean. We were in Green bay last year and we took the Lambeau tour last year and liked it too:clap:
Have you checked out The Rendezvous at Robs Performance yet? It's a fun summer wknd gathering of Spyder Ryders

Been to American Players Theater and the House on the Rock. Just a short jaunt South from Madison where I lived for awhile. Good stuff.

Buckeye Chuck 54
01-30-2018, 07:17 PM
I haven't read a better thread on SL! Lots of fun. I didn't know there was a "Y" bridge in
Kamloops B.C.! Or a Chillicothe in Missouri!
Some have heard of State Route 555, AKA 'Triple Nickle" that runs south from Zanesville
to Hockingsport Ohio on the Ohio river.
Keep the comments coming! This is one thread that may be several pages long!
Buckeye Chuck
You'll see me at the Spyder gathering in Zanesville in June.

Just wanted to say thanks to Spyerider 1 for setting up this thread, I for one, am enjoying reading about all these places and people.

bcer960
01-30-2018, 07:46 PM
not the best pic, but here's the Overlander bridge. if it went straight, you would go straight into a rock face.....

gnorthern
01-31-2018, 12:46 AM
Salem Oregon here, in the middle of Oregon wine country. What makes the area surrounding this place possibly the best place in the country for road cycling also makes it good for cruising on motorcycles.

Strangely the person I think is the most famous person from Salem never showed up in a search for famous people born in Salem, which is Alfred Carlton Gilbert, of AC Gilbert fame. As far as I can tell either me or my brother had all of his toys as kids except for the atomic energy lab (maybe a good thing). I am guessing his most famous invention is the erector set. Though he didn't design it, both my brother and I had an American Flyer train made by the company.

Maybe the most famous person alive is Kate Nauta. She is not that famous but I recognized her picture.

wrb3004
01-31-2018, 07:53 AM
Many miles of great riding in this area. Also not far from apple country and riding along Lake Ontario. If you want to venture a little farther there is the Adirondack mountain region.

"The Finger Lakes region is located in west-central New York state, spanning roughly 80 miles East to West and 50 miles North to South. There are 11 Finger Lakes in all, ranging from very small (Canadice at about 4 miles long) to very large (Cayuga at 38 miles long). From West to East, the lakes are: Conesus (http://www.fingerlakes.com/conesus), Hemlock (http://www.fingerlakes.com/hemlock), Canadice (http://www.fingerlakes.com/canadice), Honeoye (http://www.fingerlakes.com/honeoye), Canandaigua (http://www.fingerlakes.com/canandaigua), Keuka (http://www.fingerlakes.com/keuka), Seneca (http://www.fingerlakes.com/seneca), Cayuga (http://www.fingerlakes.com/cayuga), Owasco (http://www.fingerlakes.com/owasco), Skaneateles (http://www.fingerlakes.com/skaneateles), Otisco (http://www.fingerlakes.com/otisco) . Surrounding the 11 lakes, the region is home to over 100 wineries, dozens of inspiring waterfalls, museums, art galleries, amazing restaurants and countless outdoor recreation activities."

http://pullthatcork.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Finger-Lakes-Win-Region-Map.jpg