PDA

View Full Version : OEM Belt Guard

Little Blue
01-28-2018, 10:29 AM
Anyone had/having an issue with the OEM Belt Guard. My Spyder is a 2016 RTL. :spyder: PS: What was the FIX? :chat:

rkba101
01-28-2018, 10:32 AM
Anyone had/having an issue with the OEM Belt Guard. My Spyder is a 2016 RTL. :spyder: PS: What was the FIX? :chat:
YOu talking about the one in the front? If so I just had an issue with it falling off and being stuck between the belt and the engine/exhaust

Little Blue
01-29-2018, 09:31 AM
Just Wanted to KNOW IF Anyone HAD a Problem with a Belt Guard or PARTS of a Belt Guards. HD Bikers were Telling me Spyders LOVE to SMOKE (the belt and or guard). :lecturef_smilie: :helpsmilie:

KX5062
01-29-2018, 09:38 AM
And, you believed them????:joke:

IGETAROUND
01-29-2018, 06:37 PM
No I think it goes more like this: HD Bikers were Telling me they LOVE to SMOKE the belt and the guard!!!!.

Seriously, what would a Harley guy know about Spyders except what they had heard from others????

ruralgirl
01-29-2018, 07:29 PM
.... HD Bikers were Telling me Spyders LOVE to SMOKE (the belt and or guard). :lecturef_smilie: :helpsmilie:

Can you spell J-E-A-L-O-U-S?

DGoebel
01-29-2018, 07:49 PM
'13 RT 22,000 miles no problem with Belt Guard, but I did follow a HD for about a mile before I pulled off the interstate because I was deaf.....<G>
Methinks the HD guys had some of that CTE that the vibrations on their ride causes.;)

Raprider
01-30-2018, 07:02 AM
I have the OEM belt guard on my new 2016 ST-S...not sure if this was installed as a "stock" item from BRP, but I certainly didn't have the dealer add it.
I know rkba101 recently reported an issue with his coming off and causing issues.
As I ride more, I expect I will occasionally be faced with short stretches of dirt/gravel roads and chip seals.

Question...is there any reason to replace/augment with an aftermarket belt guard e.g. Spyderpops, or is the OEM sufficient to do the job?

Thanks!

Little Blue
01-30-2018, 07:29 AM
I Will Check with my local Spyder Dealer and listen to what they have to say. :banghead:

r1100rider
01-30-2018, 11:21 AM
YOu talking about the one in the front? If so I just had an issue with it falling off and being stuck between the belt and the engine/exhaust
The fact that the belt guard is wide open on the inside is inexcusable in my view wouldn’t take much to make a plastic to enclose it and protect it better I have lost a belt and a day riding due to a 3/8 stone. $300 and I now carry a spare ask the HD guys if they can change a belt roadside they can’t you have to pull the swing arm bolt on a HD , at least on a spyder you can put a belt on pretty easy

MR. H1956
01-30-2018, 08:59 PM
Just Wanted to KNOW IF Anyone HAD a Problem with a Belt Guard or PARTS of a Belt Guards. HD Bikers were Telling me Spyders LOVE to SMOKE (the belt and or guard). :lecturef_smilie: :helpsmilie:
Don't believe someone who's bike sets at red lights and shakes all over. Or they keep revving it up because they think it giong to quit.

Bfromla
01-30-2018, 10:05 PM
Spyderpops "missing" belt guard is in addition to OEM if that helps:thumbup:

Raprider
01-31-2018, 06:30 PM
Now that I went back and took a closer look, I can see that the OEM fits at the top of the belt, while the "Missing" fits at the bottom. I'll be contacting Spyderpops to confirm no issues fitting to mine.

Little Blue
02-01-2018, 09:12 AM
Information is that, they only heard about a possible OEM belt guard. :spyder: Thank You

Lew L
02-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Spyderpops "missing" belt guard is in addition to OEM if that helps:thumbup:

The Spyderpops " missing Belt Guard was the first farkel I added to my :spyder2:.nojoke

Lew L

Little Blue
02-07-2018, 05:27 AM
I am looking at finding a Better Belt Guard. Those of You that have ADDED something for Protecting your Belt, 'PLEASE ADVISE'. :spyder:PS: Thanks for your Help. :thumbup:

Ryder_Robert
02-07-2018, 08:33 AM
Little Blue:
The Spyderpops " missing Belt Guard was the first mod I did to my 2016 RT Limited. I picked up a small stone on my first weekend ride. Lucky for me is was very small but still had to be pried out of the belt. I had the shop look at it and I inspect the pin hole before every ride.

JayBros
02-07-2018, 08:35 AM
I am looking at finding a Better Belt Guard. Those of You that have ADDED something for Protecting your Belt, 'PLEASE ADVISE'. :spyder:PS: Thanks for your Help. :thumbup:

Do the easiest and most reasonably priced option, install a Spyderpops missing belt guard, read the instructions and install it.

The first three things I did to my Spyder in one afternoon as soon as I brought it home from the dealer were the KOTTS Grilles, Missing Belt Guard and Bump Skid. I did the Bump Skid last because that required the most rolling around on the ground for the old bones.

wmh9680
05-12-2018, 08:01 PM
Just put my SpyderPops Belt Guard on theat I bought along time ago. Why would CanAm not weld the 2 nuts to the frame so it would be easy to remove and install the oem guard. I was tempted to JB Weld them on but I was in a hurry. Mike

stmike 1800
05-13-2018, 06:44 AM
Does the "missing belt guard" rely help ? Why would BRP not encapsulate the belt ,it is very expensive and could ruin a trip.I have not even got the bike yet,and am ordering " necessary" parts .LOL