PDA

View Full Version : Can Am is not in the show

C. Lee
01-27-2018, 09:29 PM
Hey everyone, we just returned home from the motorcycle show in Cleveland. Usually it's a large show with every manufacturer well represented with lots of cool stuff to check out but not so this year. Can Am was not there at all. If the local can am dealer hadn't brought some used inventory, there wouldn't have been a spyder anywhere in the show. :gaah:Polaris and ducati were also absent. Why would they not want to show off the changes to the spyders. I'm very confused about this marketing desicion.:dontknow: I just dont understand. Can anyone explain this to me? Chris

Chupaca
01-27-2018, 10:07 PM
They said they were not going to any shows some time ago. Maybe holding out till project "S" is ready. But it is interesting that Ducati and Polaris were not there..:yikes:.....:dontknow:

SpyderAnn01
01-27-2018, 10:25 PM
Can-Am wasn’t in Long Beach either but Ducati and Polaris were

Raknid
01-28-2018, 01:24 AM
Seems a number of manufacturers skipped the various Progressive shows this year. There was no Ducati nor Can Am in NYC either. Nor, IIRC, Triumph or Aprilia.

fastfraser
01-28-2018, 06:14 AM
BRP will not be at the Toronto show either !

ThreeWheels
01-28-2018, 07:02 AM
I didn't go to the New York motorcycle show this year.
Lately, the shows have become less entertaining, and simply a fashion show for new bikes.
The cost of the show, and getting into NYC just weren't worth it.
Maybe that's why BRP didn't show up.
With failing attendance, it might not be worth going.

trikermutha
01-28-2018, 07:13 AM
I don't plan on heading to the Chicago Motorcycle Show this year. Sometimes its good to take a break from the same "OLE" show.

I do like seeing the custom bikes too.

Big F
01-28-2018, 07:48 AM
Hey everyone, we just returned home from the motorcycle show in Cleveland. Usually it's a large show with every manufacturer well represented with lots of cool stuff to check out but not so this year. Can Am was not there at all. If the local can am dealer hadn't brought some used inventory, there wouldn't have been a spyder anywhere in the show. :gaah:Polaris and ducati were also absent. Why would they not want to show off the changes to the spyders. I'm very confused about this marketing desicion.:dontknow: I just dont understand. Can anyone explain this to me? Chris

It may because the dealer(s) in that area have not received any 2018 models yet?????????
BIG F

Navydad
01-28-2018, 10:20 AM
I made my last trip to the Cleveland show three years ago. That was a day in my life I will never get back. Great place to go if you were looking for crap you could find at any flea market, terrible place for motorcycle related items. Most of the bike displays there are put on by dealerships and not the factory. Apparently there were no Spyder dealerships interested in setting up a display. Same goes for any other brands that were not represented. The AIMExpo Motorcycle Trade Show is a MUCH better place to be. It was in Columbus, Ohio last year not sure about 2018.

biker01red
01-28-2018, 10:54 AM

We were there on Friday, I talked to the CanAm Dealer owner that was there, he said he was promised by his CanAm rep that he would have a 2018 to display.... He said on Friday morning six units arrived at the warehouse in northern Indiana, to late for the show !!!!!!
Like you, I would think CanAm would want the new units there....

Honda had three 2018 Goldwing's there with factory reps......large crowds in the Goldwing area, lots of people looking.....

Little Blue
01-28-2018, 11:01 AM
WELL, Just Maybe, BRP is doing a Top Secret RECALL. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

UtahPete
01-28-2018, 12:11 PM
Can-Am probably decided it wasn't a good use of their marketing budget.

ARtraveler
01-28-2018, 03:14 PM
A sign of the times. The "niche" market for our brand is kind of tough. The marketing department does not seem to be "on," given the many glitches that have happened over the years.

Our local dealer does not participate in the March cycle show here either. Most every other brand is represented.

We are down to the one dealer for the whole state and no other dealers for 1500 miles in any direction.

I will be heading to Arkansas next year--so I am thinking problem solved. Less than a hundred miles from Pitbull and others.

Triple B
01-28-2018, 04:31 PM
I did not attend the Greater Vancouver Motorcycle Show this year either. I spoke with my local dealer and he indicated that he would be there, but with old stock Spyders only. He has not received the 2018’s yet, and doesn’t expect any until February sometime.

davehirst
01-29-2018, 01:46 PM
I was in Harrisburg PA for the Automobile Show last week, and they had a motorcycle area, with a Slingshot, but no Spyders. I then went to the boat area, and low and behold, there were 3 spyders there in a Polaris display. The display was a dealer display and not Can AM.

UtahPete
01-29-2018, 01:47 PM
I was in Harrisburg PA for the Automobile Show last week, and they had a motorcycle area, with a Slingshot, but no Spyders. I then went to the boat area, and low and behold, there were 3 spyders there in a Polaris display. The display was a dealer display and not Can AM.
Go figure!

SPYD3R
01-29-2018, 01:50 PM
at least you guys are having car/bike shows.....
we haven't had one here in the Greenville, SC area for 10 years or more.... :lecturef_smilie:
boo hoo.... :gaah:
Dan P
SPYD3R

Dmetcalf
01-29-2018, 02:53 PM
I used to hit these shows every year ..! I have finally figured out that it was just the same ol, same ol and decided several years ago to stop wasting my time and money on them ..!

JayBros
01-29-2018, 08:21 PM
at least you guys are having car/bike shows.....
we haven't had one here in the Greenville, SC area for 10 years or more....
SPYD3R

Same situation in Charlotte, don't know if it's beeen 10 years but has been a long time.

MR. H1956
01-29-2018, 08:38 PM
Sounds like the honda holding spring fling. A Lot of dealers but its the same old thing each time. They have a few bikes and other rides. Just if you went once or twice then you've seen it all for the next 2 or 3 yrs. That's why I stopped going.

rays hell
01-29-2018, 09:27 PM
I was at the Atlanta show Sat. And there were no Spyders there either. I would think with 4 Mountain Motor Sports dealers in the
metro area and 1 BRP dealer I would have thought somebody would have at least had 1 to display for people to sit on and ask questions.
An age old marketing technique is to put the product for sale in a potential buyers hands.
There were also 4 Slingshots there.

To top things off Sun. I went to an rv show where there was twice the inventory of rv compared to bikes and alot of them had sold signs
hanging on them. I just wish there would have been more toy haulers.