PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Free State of Jones

starrider60
01-25-2018, 10:14 AM
Picked up my new 2017 RTS Saturday from Hattiesburg Cycles. Put a whopping 112 miles on it before the cold returned. Always said I loved Mississippi because I could ride all year. Not this year. If this is global warming, you can have it. Been riding since I was 12. 74 now and love the stability of the Spyder. Had a trike - hated it. Like riding in a pickup with the windows down - boring. Put an outrigger kit on my 2008 Roadstar. It was ok but hard to steer. Gave it to my son. Looking forward to many miles on "Samantha." Here she is

Pirate looks at --
01-25-2018, 10:19 AM
Very nice!:congrats:and :welcome:. I know you will enjoy it! BTW, you are not experiencing "global warming", you are experiencing "climate change"!:banghead:

UtahPete
01-25-2018, 10:20 AM
Picked up my new 2017 RTS Saturday from Hattiesburg Cycles. Put a whopping 112 miles on it before the cold returned. Always said I loved Mississippi because I could ride all year. Not this year. If this is global warming, you can have it. Been riding since I was 12. 74 now and love the stability of the Spyder. Had a trike - hated it. Like riding in a pickup with the windows down - boring. Put an outrigger kit on my 2008 Roadstar. It was ok but hard to steer. Gave it to my son. Looking forward to many miles on "Samantha." Here she is

Congratulations and welcome to the family! Beautiful bike.
What is the 'Free state of Jones' reference?
You have lots of comrades, both male and female, in the 70+ group. My 71st birthday is in a week.

Raprider
01-25-2018, 10:21 AM
:welcome:
Nice ryde!

Pirate looks at --
01-25-2018, 10:45 AM
Congratulations and welcome to the family! Beautiful bike.
What is the 'Free state of Jones' reference?
You have lots of comrades, both male and female, in the 70+ group. My 71st birthday is in a week.
Title of a Movie with Mathew McConaughey about a revolt against the Confederacy in Jones County Mississippi! Pretty good film, but failed at the Box office!

Chupaca
01-25-2018, 11:11 AM
Glad you jumped into the 🎪. You sure tried all the combinations till you got to the spyder. Better way to do it cause you have experience on all combos and confirm that the spyder is the best....:clap:

nslowmotion
01-25-2018, 11:23 AM
From Ellisville here
:yes:

PrairieSpyder
01-25-2018, 02:08 PM

:congrats:

ARtraveler
01-25-2018, 02:56 PM
:welcome:
and :congrats: on the new ride. :yes:

RE: Weather Every once in a while--we get a real winter. I think this is it.

Arion
01-25-2018, 03:03 PM
Welcome from San Antonio, People's Republic of Texas. Nice looking Spyder and with the trailer hitch too. Well done.