PDA

View Full Version : ECO mode ? What's the purpose ?

BlueBug
01-22-2018, 03:37 PM
ECO mode display shows on the screen. Already has the UP arrow above the "O." Do NOT see any arrow in the gear location on the lower left screen. What's happening, or NOT happening.

ARtraveler
01-22-2018, 04:30 PM
To deactivate: (No Eco or arrows showing)--hold the MODE button in for about three seconds--it will go away. Opposite to activate.

ECO changes the gearing a bit and is supposed to save you a bit on gas because you will end up shifting at slightly lower rpm's.

Most do not like it. Always looking for the arrow to shift up is distracting. Gas savings (if you faithfully use it) are 1/2 to 1 mpg.

I shift at about 3500 rpm (up) and do it by sound and feel. 38 - 40 mpg consistently. I let the :ani29: downshift on its own 98% of the time. :yes::yes:

Easy Rider
01-22-2018, 04:50 PM
ECO mode display shows on the screen. Already has the UP arrow above the "O." Do NOT see any arrow in the gear location on the lower left screen. What's happening, or NOT happening.

What year and model Spyder ?
What "O" on what screen.....the main one ??

The shift arrow only shows up as you are accelerating......telling you the lowest recommended RPM to shift. It replaces the "current gear" number display.

I have heard that it changes the throttle mapping a bit, making response to throttle changes smoother and slower.
Someone also said that the response while the cruise is set is slightly different.

JayBros
01-22-2018, 05:52 PM
Your operator's guide explains all about how the ECO mode works.

canamjhb
01-22-2018, 08:22 PM
To deactivate: (No Eco or arrows showing)--hold the MODE button in for about three seconds--it will go away. Opposite to activate.

ECO changes the gearing a bit and is supposed to save you a bit on gas because you will end up shifting at slightly lower rpm's.

Most do not like it. Always looking for the arrow to shift up is distracting. Gas savings (if you faithfully use it) are 1/2 to 1 mpg.

I shift at about 3500 rpm (up) and do it by sound and feel. 38 - 40 mpg consistently. I let the :ani29: downshift on its own 98% of the time. :yes::yes:
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:: agree:

Like he said

Chupaca
01-22-2018, 09:12 PM
Good information above but to your questions.... It is there to calm the screams of the EPA. It is supposed to save you money / gas under normal operation by telling you how to drive your spyder. This can be equally achieved for a lot less by staying at the speed limit and shifting before your ready.....:lecturef_smilie:

2dogs
01-22-2018, 10:40 PM
It's to make that crappy Kenda rear tire last longer. :roflblack: