PDA

View Full Version : 2014 RTL

bikerbillone
01-22-2018, 07:32 AM
Again picking your expertise SpyderLovers. I have the opportunity to purchase a 2014, white, RTL for $19K, the machine is pristine, dealer service because the guy is so meticulous, $3K of farkles I would post pics, but that doesn't seem to work. To me that number seems a little high, but I'm not that familiar with the price of the RTL other than the online search. That's question one, how many use regular fuel in this machine and what is the downside? How many miles, not sure all I can say is, 'low mileage', seems I recall 10K and change but it's been some months since he told me.

Raprider
01-22-2018, 07:41 AM
BikerBill...

Just like for an auto, you can find some good info on Kelly Blue Book or NADA...

https://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/can-am/spyder-rt-limited-se6/2014/?pricetype=retail
Retail = 19,610
Trade-in = 15,300

http://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycles/2014/Can-Am/SPYDER-RT-SE6-LIMITED-998cc
List Price = 30,400
Low Retail = 13,360
Average Retail = 17,580

Keep in mind these are 'guidelines' and don't consider farkles...there are mixed opinions here on SL as to their value. YMMV.
Good luck!

bikerbillone
01-22-2018, 07:49 AM
Thanks Rapid, guess that number is on dealer's resale floor since you show it as retail. I tried to pull up kbb and turned off my ad blocker, but seems I have another add blocker on can't find so the information was blocked.

Raprider
01-22-2018, 07:55 AM
You're welcome!
You may also find less "seasonal variation" down in FL as compared to here in NJ...
I tried to deal on a brand new 2015 ST-L I found online and the dealer wouldn't budge...said he could sell it any time...which led me to ask why he hadn't sold it in 2+ years...:roflblack:

Bob Denman
01-22-2018, 08:02 AM
That's a pretty decent deal: I got 20K for mine when I traded it in... :thumbup:

ARtraveler
01-22-2018, 04:54 PM
Price is going to depend on which part of the country. Bob did REAL good on his. You should try to find what is comparable in your area. KBB is a good starting point.

Here, I would be lucky to get $14K on a trade in. Mine has about $1K worth of farkles on it and 28K miles so far. Usually, farkels should not be counted in the price. Most dealers give 0 value for farkles to the seller. They then turn that in to a bonanza for themselves by reflecting them in the asking retail price. Farkles cost big bucks up front, make the bike yours, but not necessarily what the next person wants.

IMO: Asking price is not necessarily equal to the out the door price. There are many factors that go into the final computation. They will vary between buyer and seller. Other threads about purchasing can be found by searching. :thumbup:

bikerbillone
01-22-2018, 05:11 PM
Interesting to get a response from the great state of AK, ya don't think much about three wheelers or motorcyles there. Good comment, thanks.

UtahPete
01-22-2018, 05:29 PM
Other factors to be considered;
1. Whether the farkles are things you would be paying for anyway
2. How many miles on the bike? Over 10k and you're looking at the cost of service, possible tire replacement in the near future
3. Years left on the B.E.S.T. warranty - or has it expired?

Generally speaking, I think $19k is a fair price if you really like the bike.

ARtraveler
01-22-2018, 05:54 PM
Interesting to get a response from the great state of AK, ya don't think much about three wheelers or motorcyles there. Good comment, thanks.

Interestingly, there are a LOT of two wheelers here. Not to many Spyders. I am one of the "prolific" :f_spider: owners. Got the first one sold to a customer in AK, have owned five, and still own two.

trikermutha
01-22-2018, 06:00 PM
Gezz for 2 k more and at the right time you could get a new bike. JMO

Check with Imotorsports as I have seen some great deals on a brand new bike. I think they may have a dealership in Florida too??

Don't want to steer you away from what you think is best for you.

Anyway good luck :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-22-2018, 06:34 PM
That's a pretty decent deal: I got 20K for mine when I traded it in... :thumbup: Bob you got an exceptional deal for your Spyder ( but did you get ANY discount on the new one ??? ) ...... However you were the one who received $20,000 ( in trade money ) ....HE IS buying one .... and that's not a reasonable amount to PAY for one ....... jmho...... Mike :thumbup: