PDA

View Full Version : Very interesting = Three Wheeled Yamaha

Many brands
01-20-2018, 12:48 AM
Interesting for sure ----But Oh, so ugly
Check out Yamaha Niken

robhowen
01-20-2018, 07:41 AM
I didn't find your link to work. Do you mean this? https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport-touring/models/niken

Rob

Check out Yamaha Niken

ofdave
01-20-2018, 08:18 AM
trikes are a new trend
look here, it's old news
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?110263-The-3-wheeled-cycle-market-just-got-more-interesting

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
01-20-2018, 08:47 AM
i don't find i ugly but i do find yamaha a lot more reliable then can am

Navydad
01-20-2018, 10:47 AM
Since there is no "locking" mechanism to take advantage of the three wheeled configuration at slow speeds or at a stop I really don't see the point of the Yamaha. If you lose your footing at a stop or at slow speed the bike is going over three wheels or not. With bikes like the Piaggio MP3 you can lock it in the vertical position with no need to hold the bike up, the Yamaha doesn't do this. Still need to park on the side stand as well. I enjoy new toys from the manufacturers as much as anybody, but as I said, what's the point of this one. Sell an extra tire now and then?

Chupaca
01-20-2018, 11:04 AM
As I ,mentioned in the other threads.... that is a massive amount of hardwear on the front end. Having worked on front forks and all their problems you would now have two sets to deal with and the steering head bearings and all as well. The front end is not that much different that a single but I can't speak badly as I have never riden one. There are others similar out there.....even an off road version...:yikes:

nwrider
01-21-2018, 11:16 AM
I agree that the Niken doesn't float my boat in the looks department. Honda has been teasing us with the Neowing hybrid powered by a flat 4 + electric motor. The concept vehicle is totally geared to the sport bike rider - so I'm not sure that it would have a very wide appeal. But, it's possible that if/when it's released it will be more sport touring oriented and might even have an upright locking feature. That would be the best of all worlds for me.

RapidSpyder
01-21-2018, 03:52 PM
Check out Yamaha Niken

have to agree, what's the point of the front wheels being so close together anyway? Isn't the whole point of three wheels is to have more stability?

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-21-2018, 09:09 PM
Since there is no "locking" mechanism to take advantage of the three wheeled configuration at slow speeds or at a stop I really don't see the point of the Yamaha. If you lose your footing at a stop or at slow speed the bike is going over three wheels or not. With bikes like the Piaggio MP3 you can lock it in the vertical position with no need to hold the bike up, the Yamaha doesn't do this. Still need to park on the side stand as well. I enjoy new toys from the manufacturers as much as anybody, but as I said, what's the point of this one. Sell an extra tire now and then?
The Tilting Motor Works conversions are going to be sold standard with vertical locking system. Up to now it's been optional.

SXSMachine
01-22-2018, 04:12 AM
have to agree, what's the point of the front wheels being so close together anyway? Isn't the whole point of three wheels is to have more stability?

If you were to ask that question then you would need to ask how do the 3 wheel scooters have such good stability, and people who know have ridden then and declare them near uncrashable, and the answer to that my friend is centripital force counteracting gravity. ;)

honda
01-22-2018, 12:44 PM
A new trike but chain drive .Where is the kick starter ?