PDA

View Full Version : Was fun, but time to move on....

arachnoid
01-17-2018, 12:03 AM
So, the time has come. The wife traded in her her 2012 RT-SE5 towards a Subaru Crosstrek. She just never really rode the Spyder as much as she thought she would. To cold, nope! Same with to hot. To say she was a fair weather rider is a understatement. We ended up taking the Burgman on almost all the trips that we did take because it held 2 full face helmets better than the Spyder. I never really warmed up to it, but I will admit it was kinda fun to ride. So, I just wanted to stop in and say thanks for having me. What little I did contribute I hope it helped someone. Wish everyone nothing but safe and enjoyable voyages, no matter what you ride. If you see a RT in blue with just under 18,000 miles come up for sale in Virginia, know that it was loved and cared for if you consider buying it. Not sure who bought it off the dealership. Oh, and in case you were wondering what we got for trade-in? We came out around $1000 positive. Just glad to not have to deal with selling it in the middle of winter. Keep the shiny side up everyone!

Chupaca
01-17-2018, 02:10 AM
But you can always check back with us you know...glad you enjoyed the time with us and the spyder and were able to get a good trade for your next vehicle..:thumbup: good luck and be safe

Saluda
01-17-2018, 09:07 AM
Take care and good luck.

Little Blue
01-17-2018, 09:09 AM
The wife KEEPS telling me the same thing. She has the CAR and I KEEP the Spyder. :yes::yes:

newbert
01-17-2018, 09:12 AM
You found a car dealership that would take a Spyder (or anything other than another car) for trade-in? Wow! - Never heard of that before.

ofdave
01-17-2018, 02:18 PM
good choice on the Crosstrek, we have just over 3,000 miles on our 2018 and it is a great vehicle.
sorry your wife could not warm to the Spyder, at least she'll get a kick out of the Crosstrek.
Tell her to be patient learning all the electronic goodies.

not surprised a car dealer took a non-car on trade. It happens all the time around here.

ARtraveler
01-17-2018, 03:59 PM
Sorry to hear that the Spyder is gone. Subaru is a pretty good brand as far as I am concerned. Have only owned Subaru since moving to AK. I am on #7 now.
Glad to hear the dealer gave you a good deal. :yes:

Cruzr Joe
01-17-2018, 11:01 PM
You found a car dealership that would take a Spyder (or anything other than another car) for trade-in? Wow! - Never heard of that before.

One car dealer in Arkansas claims that he will trade for anything that he does not have to feed. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe