PDA

View Full Version : Farkle Weather

tehrlich
01-14-2018, 09:08 AM
While we are able to ride in Texas, it is also a good time to do some work while it isn't hot.

Installed a couple of SpyderPops products: KOTT Grills and a Bumpskid.

They are high quality, and I wished that I put them on a long time ago!

Mikey
01-14-2018, 10:15 AM
:clap:Nice!! Was noticing that you have a set of fox shocks on her. Was that the kit that comes with the sway? How bad was the bump skid to put on? I am thinking that all of those options are in my future. I think the shocks and sway bars going to be the first to order. Mike

tehrlich
01-14-2018, 10:31 AM
:clap:Nice!! Was noticing that you have a set of fox shocks on her. Was that the kit that comes with the sway? How bad was the bump skid to put on? I am thinking that all of those options are in my future. I think the shocks and sway bars going to be the first to order. Mike

I bought the Fox shocks from BRP after a few squishy months on the stock shocks. Please replace yours. The stock shocks are terribly weak. You'll see the difference in quality when you switch them out. I made a post on how to switch them out. It isn't too difficult.

I bought the anti-sway bar a bit later from Ron Jon directly. That is a more difficult install, but doable with patience.

I am so glad to have done both of them. My "confidence" on my Spyder was greatly reducing until I put these on. Granted I didn't have a lot of riding experience on it, but was so freaked out about the cornering. Now, after 22K miles, shocks, bar, car tires, and experience, this thing rocks!! Love it.

Bumpskid is easy install. Only hard part is drilling two 1/4" holes through metal, but that's fairly easy.

tehrlich
01-14-2018, 10:35 AM
Fox shock install here. (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?84931-Fox-Shocks-Installed&highlight=shocks+install)

robtdonna
01-14-2018, 11:06 AM
While we are able to ride in Texas, it is also a good time to do some work while it isn't hot.

Installed a couple of SpyderPops products: KOTT Grills and a Bumpskid.

They are high quality, and I wished that I put them on a long time ago!

:clap:Bumpskid saved me several times, in my book not a farkle but a necessity.

Deanna777
01-14-2018, 11:22 AM
Nice farkles!

I have the stainless steal grills ( from Pierre -Spyder TV). Here is a picture of mine: 157015 left side 157016 right side 157017

Up here in Vermont we have to wait until Spring to ride. I have 2 farkles add to my spyder. Deanna

ARtraveler
01-14-2018, 05:28 PM
YES. I have both the lighted bumpskid and the KOTT grills installed on my 2014. Very good stuff. Look good and are functional. :bowdown::bowdown::firstplace::firstplace::firstpl ace::bowdown:

tehrlich
01-14-2018, 09:40 PM
Nice farkles!

I have the stainless steal grills ( from Pierre -Spyder TV). Here is a picture of mine: 157015 left side 157016 right side 157017

Up here in Vermont we have to wait until Spring to ride. I have 2 farkles add to my spyder. Deanna

Nice!