PDA

View Full Version : Question about PayPal and not receiving an order...

wyliec
01-11-2018, 07:16 AM
I placed an order 5 weeks ago, and didn't receive a full shipment. I've emailed the supplier a few times, and she keeps telling me that she's going to contact her supplier for a ship date. I'm now going to request a refund. Do I have to go thru paypal for a refund, or can I go directly to my bank? I used my bank credit card to make the purchase.

jcthorne
01-11-2018, 07:36 AM
Ask the vendor first to cancel the order and refund.

Then if not successful, file a claim on the paypal account.

Then if not successful, file a claim with the card issuer. Unlikely as paypal is pretty responsive to buyers.

Chupaca
01-11-2018, 09:27 AM
:agree: paypal is good at getting things settled. In the end you can cancel the charge on your bank don't know if that would be to paypal or the supplier...:dontknow:

Grandpot
01-11-2018, 10:27 AM
I just had a similar issue. Contact PayPal. Document that you have contacted the seller. Follow that PayPal process. I got a full refund. Didn't take long.

BajaRon
01-11-2018, 01:43 PM
Ask the vendor first to cancel the order and refund.

Then if not successful, file a claim on the paypal account.

Then if not successful, file a claim with the card issuer. Unlikely as paypal is pretty responsive to buyers.

Exactly right! :thumbup:

Just don't give them too much time at this stage of the game.

Always use a credit card to make a purchase through Paypal (or any other on line method for that matter). Using a debit card can create grief if something goes wrong.

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-12-2018, 12:07 AM
I placed an order 5 weeks ago, and didn't receive a full shipment. I've emailed the supplier a few times, and she keeps telling me that she's going to contact her supplier for a ship date. I'm now going to request a refund. Do I have to go thru paypal for a refund, or can I go directly to my bank? I used my bank credit card to make the purchase.
Paypal has a time limit, or at least used to, but I don't know how long. Several years ago I made a claim for razor blades that turned out to be counterfeit. It was too late for PP so I filed it with Amex. Amex reimbursed me.

BajaRon
01-12-2018, 10:48 AM
Paypal has a time limit, or at least used to, but I don't know how long. Several years ago I made a claim for razor blades that turned out to be counterfeit. It was too late for PP so I filed it with Amex. Amex reimbursed me.

You have 180 days to get a refund from Paypal. Most credit cards have the same time limit. That's 6 months.

wyliec
01-12-2018, 10:52 AM
My order is shipping today.

Bob Denman
01-12-2018, 10:54 AM
:congrats: :thumbup:

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-13-2018, 01:52 AM
You have 180 days to get a refund from Paypal. Most credit cards have the same time limit. That's 6 months.
I think 10 years ago PayPal was only 60 or 90 days. 180 days is good.

BajaRon
01-13-2018, 11:57 AM
Paypal started in 1998. I started using it in 2000. eBay started a similar program (I forget what they called it) but it failed. Could not compete with Paypal. So, eBay bought Paypal in 2002.

There have been a lot of changes and improvements over the years. I run into people who say that Paypal ripped them off and they lost all the money they had in their Paypal account or that someone was buying product with their Paypal account, etc. But the truth is. Most likely in every case the account holder replied to one of the many official looking phishing, fraudulent emails proclaiming some dire message to get you DOING in a panic, rather than THINKING it through. And the Paypal account owner actually gave all of their security information to crooks of their own free will.

The first thing you want to do when you get one of these dire message emails is RELAX! Calm down. Take some deep breaths and think it through.

If a stranger comes up to you in the Walmart parking lot and asks to see your credit card. Do you hand it over to them? NO! It's a No Brainer! But, that is exactly what you are doing when you click on the link in an email saying 'Your Account Has Been Suspended', or 'There has been some suspicious activity in your account recently', or 'You recently purchased the London Bridge. If this was not you please click here to cancel the order.' DON'T DO IT!

ALWAYS log into your account directly by going to the secure web site and signing in. If there are any issues with your account (highly unlikely) then they will be prominently displayed. And you will avoid giving away the farm.

Here is an example of what I am talking about that I just received today. Fake as a wooden nickle. But it looks good, doesn't it? Fake is no good if it's obvious. Probably Chinese. But whatever, the English is not too good. But better than many.

https://attachment.outlook.office.net/owa/fyredad@hotmail.com/service.svc/s/GetFileAttachment?id=AQMkADAwATExAGU2Ny00YzNlLWUxN zMtMDACLTAwCgBGAAADFOFuS1N1Z0%2BaYppBajqSIAcA22lUF a65eUqnmrUVozo%2FNwAAAgEMAAAA22lUFa65eUqnmrUVozo%2 FNwABSqcSOAAAAAESABAAZ5gYqUxQ8EG3F9HLpX7idA%3D%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=xnwaxD0SLkmK4a0WewxKWHC29MaoWtUYDUIs5D1zl4A HKRKeZ7uDnxgQk02MrYrp4K-PJ5hhPTQ.&token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsIng1dCI6 ImVuaDlCSnJWUFU1aWpWMXFqWmpWLWZMMmJjbyJ9.eyJ2ZXIiO iJFeGNoYW5nZS5DYWxsYmFjay5WMSIsImFwcGN0eHNlbmRlciI 6Ik93YURvd25sb2FkQDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1iNDM1L WFhYWFhYWFhYWFhYSIsImFwcGN0eCI6IntcIm1zZXhjaHByb3R cIjpcIm93YVwiLFwicHJpbWFyeXNpZFwiOlwiUy0xLTI4MjctN zMzMTktMTI3OTE4OTM2M1wiLFwicHVpZFwiOlwiMzE0OTAzOTg 2MzY0Nzg3XCIsXCJvaWRcIjpcIjAwMDExZTY3LTRjM2UtZTE3M y0wMDAwLTAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMFwiLFwic2NvcGVcIjpcIk93YUR vd25sb2FkXCJ9IiwiaXNzIjoiMDAwMDAwMDItMDAwMC0wZmYxL WNlMDAtMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwQDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1 iNDM1LWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhYSIsImF1ZCI6IjAwMDAwMDAyLTAwM DAtMGZmMS1jZTAwLTAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMC9hdHRhY2htZW50Lm9 1dGxvb2sub2ZmaWNlLm5ldEA4NGRmOWU3Zi1lOWY2LTQwYWYtY jQzNS1hYWFhYWFhYWFhYWEiLCJleHAiOjE1MTU4NjQwNDgsIm5 iZiI6MTUxNTg2MzQ0OH0.tI9fdVSJH0Y3noNZuKTfPE-8bV_MDWgAGkk97q8tLsiWSolCzUwd4rDJnCT8_6GRG6C3qUWw7 ktwcZkF6piSLKvlNBT_TdxK3q7at0x8rknTS39ET1yfnGqPe8A 8rhbtZm2hyFOG0padudqeI8c_8bKLN37sjtiJRCifJp_oGb9n5 AoeXeMIad-tBH486td-dA_xmSj4Vj2dCRR6E53KizQMRGO7iv286d_I-Us3NLej9hokbMBdJo5KOYYnbshL4RTqCnmzIGgY8tzMzenZykd SsmaJt55Yszs2p5R73b679qERbgZJo3ttV2dIb96161yYGR9Uq MEKiwsJkel5kg&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1&isImagePreview=True

BajaRon
01-13-2018, 12:02 PM
My order is shipping today.

Congratulations! So, a bit of pressure did the trick! Other than the long wait. This is probably the best case scenario for you. Glad it appears to be working itself out.

Bob Denman
01-13-2018, 02:27 PM
I wonder what he ordered? :D

wyliec
01-13-2018, 05:02 PM
I wonder what he ordered? :D

A farkle for our dog.;)

Bob Denman
01-13-2018, 06:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJo18lvnGYk

:clap: :thumbup: