PDA

View Full Version : Coolant in new bikes

Speedsterjohnny
01-08-2018, 09:02 PM
Does anyone know if Spyders, as delivered new, have antifreeze? We went through a cold spell here and it occurred to me that I had not checked this.
Thanks.

Highwayman2013
01-08-2018, 09:13 PM
Yes, but it doesn't hurt to check how cold it's good for.

Chupaca
01-08-2018, 09:33 PM
They all come with anti-freeze and they did change on the newer models. Older V-twins use the standard green mix but the new models have a pink mix I believe. :thumbup:

robhowen
01-08-2018, 10:23 PM
I agree and brp antfreeze jug abtifreeze is pre mixed.
Rob

They all come with anti-freeze and they did change on the newer models. Older V-twins use the standard green mix but the new models have a pink mix I believe. :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-09-2018, 01:01 AM
Does anyone know if Spyders, as delivered new, have antifreeze? We went through a cold spell here and it occurred to me that I had not checked this.
Thanks.

As already stated it does ...... The new orange (?) stuff is very similar to the normal green type .... HOWEVER, you should not MIX them together ..................Mike :thumbup:

KX5062
01-12-2018, 10:53 AM
My 2014 is pink color, but color is irrelevant. What is relevant is type of antifreeze.

http://www.engine-performance-online.com/amsoil-products/amsoil-antifreeze/engine-coolant-antifreeze-types/

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-12-2018, 12:36 PM
My 2014 is pink color, but color is irrelevant. What is relevant is type of antifreeze.

http://www.engine-performance-online.com/amsoil-products/amsoil-antifreeze/engine-coolant-antifreeze-types/
What begs the question .... after reading Amsoil's Ad .... What type is the BRP, 14 & up antifreeze? .... And it can be MIXED? .... What type can it be mixed with????? ........... I think almost everyone wants to know ...... Mike :thumbup:

JayBros
01-12-2018, 04:47 PM
Do remember, although not stated in the service schedule, the replacement interval for the antifreeze is 28,000 miles OR five years, whichever comes first. I verified this with BRPCare when I was incorrectly told at the 28K service that the antifreeze was good for five years and didn't need to be changed.

ES44AC
01-12-2018, 08:43 PM
My rant.....

I think the Automotive industry needs to only have 2 types for all brands. Not the crap we have now where nearly every manufacturer has thier own type ,this is BS. It is all a scam to steal money us.

Speedsterjohnny
01-13-2018, 10:48 AM
My rant.....

I think the Automotive industry needs to only have 2 types for all brands. Not the crap we have now where nearly every manufacturer has thier own type ,this is BS. It is all a scam to steal money us.

You are correct. Harley-Davidson is a major offender with H-D only oil that is tested and approved for their own engines. The gullible public will often buy in to such ludicrous claims. Not that there is anything wrong with branded products, but I think that this is more about making money than anything else. Come to think of it, that is exactly what you said.

I do remember reading an article in one of the major motorcycle publications (don't remember which one) that dealers need to have their seemingly overpriced products (oil, parts, clothing and what-have-you) to remain in business and enthusiasts need to keep this in mind and provide a measure of support. Well, I guess so, but I like choices too. :sour: