PDA

View Full Version : PA dilemma

Y-me
01-04-2018, 10:55 PM
Hi all,

Purchased a house in PA just before New Years.
PENNDOT says new residents have to register motor vehicles in 20 days.
I'm okay with everything but the inspection and only because I have no way of getting the trike to a PA inspection station in this weather.
My gear is only good to about 30 and even with that the snow precludes a ride like that.
Is there anything I can do to delay the inspection until I can get the bike there?
Can I do the rest of the stuff and complete the inspection later?

Thanks to all in advance,

Y

Chupaca
01-04-2018, 11:50 PM
If it is not your only means of transportation don't do anything till the weather is better. If asked...not likely... you simply just brought it over at that time...Have done this in many states we have lived in....:thumbup:

Bfromla
01-05-2018, 01:22 AM
Thought all states (most anyway) had weather restrictions for inspections ?:dontknow::dontknow::popcorn:
your registration however I can see needing proper new address & everything but your inspection as long as currant should carry over till time for next one.

Spyder Wraps Pete
01-05-2018, 10:16 AM
Welcome to Pennsylvania.. I would recommend you call a local Notary Public in the town you will reside in. (just Google it)
They should be able to provide accurate information regarding your dilemma.

Y-me
01-05-2018, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the welcome and information.

Y

slick999
01-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Welcome to Pa,you can do the registration and get the inspection when the weather gets better.I have had motorcycles that had inspections that expired in the winter and I would wait till spring to get it done,no big deal.

gsd
01-05-2018, 11:04 AM
I too live in PA. Registering and Inspecting are two separate events. You need proof of insurance to register. You get a tag and then inspect it as able.

ARtraveler
01-05-2018, 04:08 PM
Brings back some interesting things from "Parking Wars." The red tape just blows my mind. :roflblack::roflblack:

Highwayman2013
01-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Hi all,

Purchased a house in PA just before New Years.
PENNDOT says new residents have to register motor vehicles in 20 days.
I'm okay with everything but the inspection and only because I have no way of getting the trike to a PA inspection station in this weather.
My gear is only good to about 30 and even with that the snow precludes a ride like that.
Is there anything I can do to delay the inspection until I can get the bike there?
Can I do the rest of the stuff and complete the inspection later?

Thanks to all in advance,

Y
Just wait, you’ll be fine. Moved from Pa to NV, went over on all the vehicles. Nothing said.