PDA

View Full Version : Not a country fan but this is hilarious!

Cavman
01-01-2018, 12:54 AM
https://m.wimp.com/six-nearly-identical-country-songs-put-together-in-one-mashup/

Chupaca
01-01-2018, 11:00 AM
They could go on forever mixing and matching...:roflblack:

BajaRon
01-01-2018, 11:59 AM
You'd think there might be some plagiarism in there somewhere...

I used to produce a radio program using similar software and this is pretty impressive work.

oldguyinTX
01-01-2018, 01:00 PM
Sadly "Country" music has become much like "Pop" music. They all sound pretty much the same. Then there is "Techno Pop Music" :hun:where voices are electronically altered. I hate it. It's like listening to fingernails being continuously screeched across a blackboard. As for country, give me Hank Williams, Johnny Cash,Charlie Pride, Patsy Cline, Bob Wills, and others of that era. That is true country.

Bob Denman
01-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Nothing original is being produced anymore... :banghead:

canamjhb
01-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Sadly "Country" music has become much like "Pop" music. They all sound pretty much the same. Then there is "Techno Pop Music" :hun:where voices are electronically altered. I hate it. It's like listening to fingernails being continuously screeched across a blackboard. As for country, give me Hank Williams, Johnny Cash,Charlie Pride, Patsy Cline, Bob Wills, and others of that era. That is true country.

I couldn't agree more. To me, rap music is rap music. No matter who "sings" it. Whiney boys and skinny girls rapping along to thumpy-bumpy same sounding tunes get turned off faster than my ex-wife's happy mood.....

UtahPete
01-01-2018, 02:19 PM
https://m.wimp.com/six-nearly-identical-country-songs-put-together-in-one-mashup/
Very clever

ARtraveler
01-01-2018, 04:04 PM

You have hit the nail on the head. Country music (as I liked it) died somewhere in the 60's. I refer to the current stuff as "contemporary crap." I don't follow it and only know one of the people mentioned in the "mish mash."

I am glad for my old 33 rpm records and re-done CD and DVD's. At least some of the real Country music is preserved. I guess that is why I jumped on Bluegrass about 15 years ago. No steel guitars, but the Country sound is there.

However, of late, that is starting to take a bit of a contemporary sound too. Chet was an idol (guitar playing), but as a producer of the "Nashville Sound," he opened the door for the contemporary crap.

Rant Over. :yes:

Mazo EMS2
01-01-2018, 06:09 PM
I like country music, but admittedly, when these songs were at the top of the charts, they got played so much they got sickening. I remember very well being out grooming snowmobile trails at night and these would all play at least once an hour when they were in the top ranks.....interesting to see how similar they really are. Disappointing at the same time too though.

oldguyinTX
01-01-2018, 07:50 PM
You have hit the nail on the head. Country music (as I liked it) died somewhere in the 60's. I refer to the current stuff as "contemporary crap." I don't follow it and only know one of the people mentioned in the "mish mash."

I am glad for my old 33 rpm records and re-done CD and DVD's. At least some of the real Country music is preserved. I guess that is why I jumped on Bluegrass about 15 years ago. No steel guitars, but the Country sound is there.

However, of late, that is starting to take a bit of a contemporary sound too. Chet was an idol (guitar playing), but as a producer of the "Nashville Sound," he opened the door for the contemporary crap.

Rant Over. :yes:

Now Bluegrass is a whole 'nother item. Gimme Flat & Scruggs, Bill Monroe, Doc Watson, The Seldom Scene, & Allison Krauss. There are also some pretty new obscure BG bands and artists out there, like The Dead South & Chris Rodriquez & The Spoon Lady (REALLY OBSCURE) and then there is this. Not related, but I like it anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWFAEpx8Hh4

ARtraveler
01-01-2018, 10:01 PM
Now Bluegrass is a whole 'nother item. Gimme Flat & Scruggs, Bill Monroe, Doc Watson, The Seldom Scene, & Allison Krauss. There are also some pretty new obscure BG bands and artists out there, like The Dead South & Chris Rodriquez & The Spoon Lady (REALLY OBSCURE) and then there is this. Not related, but I like it anyway.

Add in Reno & Smiley, Ronnie Reno, Ralph Stanley, Del McCoury, Jim and Jesse, Jimmy Martin, etc. and we have a lot of good stuff. I watch Song of the Mountains and Woodsongs weekly. Some good stuff on both shows.

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-01-2018, 11:08 PM
You guys are just a bunch of old fuddy duddies, but I agree with you!! :roflblack:

wyliec
01-02-2018, 07:42 AM

This was a comment from youtube, and by the way, the video and music are excellent:

"This version has more meaning to me. You feel the pain of what is and what is to be in this life. I usually have a stone persona. But this touched my mechanical heart and I felt a dampness on my cheek. They were tears. I didn't think i was capable of crying anymore. Bless You All."

Cavman
01-02-2018, 12:05 PM
To me, rap music is for those who can't sing or hold a tune but want to make money in the music business.