PDA

View Full Version : coolant

harry1025
12-28-2017, 09:02 PM
do spyders come with antifreeze in the coolant for canadian winters for those of us who store at home in the garage :dontknow:

Chupaca
12-28-2017, 09:45 PM
All spiders come with antifreeze mix in them. Ask akspyderman in Alaska he knows winter...:roflblack:

ARtraveler
12-29-2017, 03:14 AM
All five of mine have come with the factory anti freeze mix. Mine are safely parked in a heated garage in winter at 50 degrees. Have never had a coolant or overheating problem. That's all I can say. :yes:

Little Blue
12-29-2017, 08:02 AM
Did you Buy from a local dealer? Did you buy it in AZ, USA and then take it to Canada? Did you buy it used and maybe someone DID a "oh no"? By the rules, the dealer should adjust the coolant /anti-freeze as per the regions Lowest temperature. Someone could have missed this, but generally most Dealers DO it RIGHT. MY 2 :yikes::clap::yes: Little Blue

Mikey
12-29-2017, 08:15 AM
do spyders come with antifreeze in the coolant for canadian winters for those of us who store at home in the garage :dontknow:Every four stroke engine made comes with antifreeze in it as far as I remember. It not only transfers heat better, lubricates and protects the inside of your engine, better than water, it keeps it from freezing like a brick in the cold. Why do you ask the question?

JayBros
12-29-2017, 09:36 AM
Mikey's in the bulls-eye. Remember also that the antifreeze in the cooling system raises the boiling temperature, a major benefit in hot climates. You should never use just plain water in an aluminum engine.

harry1025
12-29-2017, 08:29 PM
just satisfying my curiosity i do appreciate the responses thanks