PDA

View Full Version : Newbie confused about what kind of hard saddlebags& brackets to get and from where?

Missprissblvd
12-26-2017, 02:23 PM
I’ve read through the posts here and see Corbin and Givi brands mentioned. Corbin is a reputable brand for custom work, but how about budget friendly in basic black on my yellow bike? And I saw in one thread that the Givi didn’t come with brackets. What?? What’s a gal to do? I did see on eBay a set of “Mutazu Lg Detachable Universal Hard Saddlebags w Mounting Brackets” for RS ST at $299. What about that?
I’m so confused! :dontknow: Please advise!:helpsmilie:

Missprissblvd on Buttercup
2013 STS-SE5

Chupaca
12-26-2017, 02:59 PM
Here of late I have seen good reviews and results with the "Shad" bags. You might give them a look....:thumbup:

Arion
12-26-2017, 04:56 PM
Here of late I have seen good reviews and results with the "Shad" bags. You might give them a look....:thumbup:

What Chupaca said. Shad makes very good products and, in my opinion, rival Givi hard bags.

Rob Rodriguez
12-26-2017, 05:16 PM
I'm not sure there is a mount available for the Shad bags for the RS or ST? There is for the F3 but I have not seen one for the RS or ST.

Depending on how much storage you need.

You could go this route. You would have to add the backrest to use this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAN-AM-SPYDER-ST-GIVI-REAR-LUGGAGE-BOX-219400476-2015-AND-PRIOR-RETAIL-509/162733348162?epid=1530353652&hash=item25e3a9d542:g:10oAAOSwoG5Z-dO6&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-New-OEM-Spyder-Roadster-Passenger-Backrest-RS-ST-Carbon-Black-219400350/162813240138?epid=1223654404&hash=item25e86ce34a:g:tT8AAOSwB4BaOpYE&vxp=mtr

Or you could do this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-SPYDER-Passenger-Seat-Bag-Case/391254610938?hash=item5b189793fa:g:it0AAOSwWnFV71O p&vxp=mtr

You could do this but its highly over priced
https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/shop/accessories/cargo-storage/cargo-bags-accessories/r-35-rigid-saddlebag-kit0.html

asp125
12-26-2017, 06:16 PM
Yeah I still don't comprehend the BRP Can/Am markup for their stuff; it's as bad as the Harley markup. Anyway, I found a Givi V35 compatible rack for our GS. Look for PLX770 racks on eBay or elsewhere. They're discontinued so used or new old stock is the only source.

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-26-2017, 07:55 PM
I’ve read through the posts here and see Corbin and Givi brands mentioned. Corbin is a reputable brand for custom work, but how about budget friendly in basic black on my yellow bike? And I saw in one thread that the Givi didn’t come with brackets. What?? What’s a gal to do? I did see on eBay a set of “Mutazu Lg Detachable Universal Hard Saddlebags w Mounting Brackets” for RS ST at $299. What about that?
I’m so confused! :dontknow: Please advise!:helpsmilie:

Missprissblvd on Buttercup
2013 STS-SE5 I have the Mutaza bags you mentioned Von Baden has some excellent pics of His ( with the upper panel painted - I painted mine Cognac ) He also welded up some additions to the Mounting Brackets that come with them ..... Warlock (?) had a minor issue with the release latch , but He fixed that ...... I plan to add a welded nut onto the Mounting brackets so each bag could be Bolted to the Bracket from inside the bag .....NOT GOING TO EVER FALL OFF .........PS sorry I don't have links to any of the above ........ :thumbup: Mike

Missprissblvd
12-31-2017, 08:01 AM

Thank you!

Missprissblvd
12-31-2017, 08:33 AM
I have the Mutaza bags you mentioned Von Baden has some excellent pics of His ( with the upper panel painted - I painted mine Cognac ) He also welded up some additions to the Mounting Brackets that come with them ..... Warlock (?) had a minor issue with the release latch , but He fixed that ...... I plan to add a welded nut onto the Mounting brackets so each bag could be Bolted to the Bracket from inside the bag .....NOT GOING TO EVER FALL OFF .........PS sorry I don't have links to any of the above ........ :thumbup: Mike

Thanks for the info! After the input, I ordered the Mutaza bags! Yay!:yes:

Missprissblvd
12-31-2017, 08:35 AM

Thanks!

Missprissblvd
01-28-2018, 05:18 PM
I have the Mutaza bags you mentioned Von Baden has some excellent pics of His ( with the upper panel painted - I painted mine Cognac ) He also welded up some additions to the Mounting Brackets that come with them ..... Warlock (?) had a minor issue with the release latch , but He fixed that ...... I plan to add a welded nut onto the Mounting brackets so each bag could be Bolted to the Bracket from inside the bag .....NOT GOING TO EVER FALL OFF .........PS sorry I don't have links to any of the above ........ :thumbup: Mike

Thanks! I ordered the Mutaza bags. Now hubby would like to communicate with someone who has done their own install. Got contact info?

Jenerator
07-23-2020, 10:31 AM
Thanks! I ordered the Mutaza bags. Now hubby would like to communicate with someone who has done their own install. Got contact info?

Late to the game, but I am also looking to add bags to my 2013 ST. Can you remember which style/model of Mutazu bag you went with? I'm eyeballing the RS style (https://www.mutazu.com/collections/rs) in black...thanks!