View Full Version : Best warranty

ahh-cool
12-17-2017, 11:10 PM
Is it worth it?
How much does it cost?
What else can you tell me about this

JayBros
12-18-2017, 06:52 AM
Read up on it at this link: https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/best-extended-service.html.

Spyders can be expensive to maintain. If you have deep pockets you may not want to invest in one. Otherwise one could save you a bundle should a major covered part/system crap out.

Prices are negotiable and you do not have to buy from the dealer where you bought your Spyder. Amongst best price dealers are
https://www.pitbullpowersportsinc.com/ and http://www.bertsmegamall.com/.

You must purchase before the two year factory warranty on your Spyder expires.

Samson
12-18-2017, 08:13 AM
I will need to cross this bridge later this year as the 2 year timeline is approaching. My concern is not the price of the warranty but rather how the dealer and BRP point the finger at each and say they aren't going to cover an item. It seems that there are more instances of not covering an item than covering it. I realize that we likely hear more of the negative than positive here at times so I will need to really think hard. Sierra Cycles down in Sierra Vista Az has a good price so I will more than likely purchase from them and keep my fingers crossed.

Highwayman2013
12-18-2017, 09:12 AM
The BEST warranty worked out fine on our 2012 RTL. $50 deductible each time when the dash cluster, fuel sending unit, and air ride compressor went out. We got 3 years right up front with the 2016 F3L. Cost of the plan varies, shop around at different dealers.

oldguyinTX
12-18-2017, 10:05 AM
I shopped around a fair amount, and ended up getting it from Bert's Mega Mall. It was around $680.00 for three years. Smartest thing I ever did. It paid for itself the first time I used it. I would get it if I were you.

ARtraveler
12-18-2017, 01:25 PM
Most Can-Am dealers do not give a hassle with BEST. Watch out for those "other" aftermarket ones though.

I got three years free with the purchase of my 2014. Never had to use it--so far. I have until April 30, 2018.

trikermutha
12-18-2017, 02:31 PM
I recently added two more years to mine and can only go up to 5 years. But you can not let it lapse or you cannot extend the best warranty.

Shop around prices are all over the place.

Start local for prices. plan on any where from $600 on up.

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-18-2017, 03:25 PM
Shop around prices are all over the place.

Start local for prices. plan on any where from $600 on up.
I would say get quotes from Bert's Megamall and Pitbull first, then go your local dealer, show them the quote, and offer to pay them like maybe $25 or $50 more. That's what I did. I figure a few extra bucks are worth the goodwill it helps to get you by buying from the local dealer.

trikermutha
12-18-2017, 03:51 PM
I would say get quotes from Bert's Megamall and Pitbull first, then go your local dealer, show them the quote, and offer to pay them like maybe $25 or $50 more. That's what I did. I figure a few extra bucks are worth the goodwill it helps to get you by buying from the local dealer.

I shop around and if the local dealers are higher than everybody else that's there business. No sense giving them more money than I have to. JMO. They all have some kind of markup :thumbup:

Saluda
12-18-2017, 04:29 PM
I love my warranty, buy it and I never seem to have to use it. ;)

ahh-cool
12-18-2017, 08:54 PM
I looked site and it says not available in florida.
Why not?

JayBros
12-18-2017, 10:10 PM
Florida has some kind of law that says dealers can't sell the B.E.S.T. warranty in the state. It does not prevent a Spyder owner from purchasing a B.E.S.T. warranty from a dealer outside FL, nor does it prevent FL dealers from honoring the warranty and performing repairs.

Buckeye Chuck 54
12-18-2017, 11:41 PM
I bought my new 2014 RT-S se6 in June '14, it came with the factory 2 year, then BRP threw in
1 year BEST as a sales promotion. So in June this year I bought 2 more years BEST. I didn't shop
around, I just didn't know I could buy from somebody else.
It cost $999 for 1 year and $1499 for 2 years from BRP.
Soon after, the air bag on the rear shock sprung a leak. It cost $50 for the deductible.
MY RT has a lot of miles. I'm thinking many things can go wrong, wheel bearings, alternator, etc.
I talked to the service manager and he said replacing an alternator would cost about $1500.
The BRP BEST comes with roadside assistance too. Does extended warranty from somebody
else have that?
I have warranty until June 2019. From what I was told after 5 years it can't get extended any longer.
Chuck

Is it worth it?
How much does it cost?
What else can you tell me about this

d.o.spyder-rts
12-19-2017, 12:20 AM
Florida has some kind of law that says dealers can't sell the B.E.S.T. warranty in the state. It does not prevent a Spyder owner from purchasing a B.E.S.T. warranty from a dealer outside FL, nor does it prevent FL dealers from honoring the warranty and performing repairs.

:agree: I had one that I purchased from Berts Mega Mall for my '12 RT-S and had to use it once and my dealer accepted it. Dale