PDA

View Full Version : HUmmm.. NOt sure here..

rkba101
12-17-2017, 10:08 PM
Drove to Work this evening wonderful temps.. 60's... Well I did drive a little fast 90s and when I got there a roll of white smoke came out from under the bike.. The smell Im guessing was oil so I of course got onto my knees to see if anything leaking. Nothing.. Rechecked the gauges and bike was below normal due to the temps IM sure. I let her sit awhile walked in and was thinking the whole time what if it caught on fire which one would I get next.. Well walked back to the bike and no smoke. cranked right up.. Sat there for awhile.. No weird noise.. No smoke nothing.. NO weird engine lights. All the lights working and brakes worked so drove it home approx 36 miles back. Drove into the garage and again but less this time a small puff of white smoke?? And ideas>>> ?? Thanks

SpyderAnn01
12-17-2017, 10:20 PM
Hmmm, I don’t think a new Pope is being chosen. What year and model is your Spyder?

Chupaca
12-17-2017, 10:33 PM
White smoke usually is coolant and it would seem it is a low pressure leak if it is only at shutdown. Of course don't know when your riding but check your coolant and exhaust pipe for burn marks...:thumbup:

Peter Aawen
12-17-2017, 10:58 PM
OK, if it's not a new Pope, then maybe there's a coolant leak from the header tank boiling off?! Or you could be cooking off some trapped under-panel liquid remnants from the last wash? Or could it be that you picked up something off the road, a bit of plastic or similar that got caught up on one of the pipes?? :dontknow:

Which model/engine Spyder is it?

blacklightning
12-18-2017, 09:29 AM
Or could it be that you picked up something off the road, a bit of plastic or similar that got caught up on one of the pipes?? :dontknow:

Which model/engine Spyder is it?
:agree:That was my guess. Since you said that the smoke was coming from underneath the spyder and not from the exhaust.

rkba101
12-18-2017, 10:47 AM
Hmmm, I don’t think a new Pope is being chosen. What year and model is your Spyder?
2013 ST

rkba101
12-18-2017, 10:48 AM
:agree:That was my guess. Since you said that the smoke was coming from underneath the spyder and not from the exhaust.
Was really bizarre.. Same heat, maybe as you stated.. Maybe something like a plastic bag.. the smell was familiar though but I can not picture it.. OYIE !

JAS POWER
12-18-2017, 12:50 PM
At this point If I was you, I would pull the panels off and inspect everything. Better safe than sorry.

jtoro1
12-18-2017, 01:54 PM
Drove to Work this evening wonderful temps.. 60's... Well I did drive a little fast 90s and when I got there a roll of white smoke came out from under the bike.. The smell Im guessing was oil so I of course got onto my knees to see if anything leaking. Nothing.. Rechecked the gauges and bike was below normal due to the temps IM sure. I let her sit awhile walked in and was thinking the whole time what if it caught on fire which one would I get next.. Well walked back to the bike and no smoke. cranked right up.. Sat there for awhile.. No weird noise.. No smoke nothing.. NO weird engine lights. All the lights working and brakes worked so drove it home approx 36 miles back. Drove into the garage and again but less this time a small puff of white smoke?? And ideas>>> ?? Thanks

I had the same problem on my RT 1330 2014 it was the disk diaphragm on left side of motor I can send you the picture of the defect parts mi e mail is mauriceleduc@msn.com

Saluda
12-18-2017, 03:13 PM
Any work done recently ?

BRPcare
12-18-2017, 04:38 PM

For safety purposes it may be a good idea to take your Spyder to the dealer for a quick check up. Worst case scenario, it would be a false alarm. Let us know of the out come. Safe travels. Stephanie - BRP Care

jaherbst
12-18-2017, 09:07 PM

Now that's funny!

​Jack

rkba101
12-18-2017, 09:27 PM
Any work done recently ?

None.. Just won a battle with BRP about the panel exchange for the vented version though.. Local deal just ordered the parts. Afraid to let them look at it.. But guess I have to..

rkba101
12-18-2017, 09:29 PM
For safety purposes it may be a good idea to take your Spyder to the dealer for a quick check up. Worst case scenario, it would be a false alarm. Let us know of the out come. Safe travels. Stephanie - BRP Care
Thanks.. Hope they are honest.. Have panels ordered for exchange and since they were removing the panels I asked for a discount on the Oil change which they did discount it. So Yea for me. Will have them assess it at that time.. Till then she will park in the garage. Sad times.. Wanted to ride her to work tomorrow.

rkba101
12-18-2017, 09:30 PM
Now that's funny!

​Jack
HAHAHA I didn't even see that, but a new pope might be a good idea?