PDA

View Full Version : Finally!! I got my Spyder carriage

Blackwidow74
05-19-2009, 06:40 PM
I have had it with trying to get people to drive my truck for me while I ride my spyder to drop it off at the paint shop or to my mechanic to have work done. I decided to buy this aluminum trailer. Its only 515lbs so my truck will not use a lot of gas and no stress on the engine to tow my 700lb spyder. It's so light I can unhook it from my truck and push it to the spot I want it in my yard. I LOVE IT!!!!!:yes::yes::yes:

magnum
05-19-2009, 06:43 PM
where did you buy it looks good

Blackwidow74
05-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Go to swisstrailers.com, they might have a dealer in your area.

AMTJIM
05-20-2009, 01:48 AM
What's up with the rims/tires and no fenders...details please!

Blackwidow74
05-20-2009, 02:17 AM
Comment deleted

zzneonzz
05-20-2009, 07:43 AM
I like the trailer what deminsions is it? Looks like it fits the spyder nicely. I'm looking for something similar as my small truck only has a 2000lb towing copacity.

WackyDan
05-20-2009, 08:09 AM
Time to get a NMN kit for the Trailer?

AMTJIM
05-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Uhhhh...actually, I LIKE the rims/tires and was just WONDERING. So SORRY I missed your "post last week". As for being a man or woman, or your machine being pink, I don't see how that's even relevant. I never called that into question in, so maybe "first of YOU should pay attention" and if you think your Spyder looks better...GREAT! I don't even know how my enthusiasm to hear some details on your mods was misconstrued as a zing about your choices in modding your Spyder, your gender or my ugly Spyder or the number of custom bikes men and women have of here? How in the hell did you even derive all that from just my one question. Have a nice day?

Director
05-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Uhhhh...actually, I LIKE the rims/tires and was just WONDERING. So SORRY I missed your "post last week". As for being a man or woman, or your machine being pink, I don't see how that's even relevant. I never called that into question in, so maybe "first of YOU should pay attention" and if you think your Spyder looks better...GREAT! I don't even know how my enthusiasm to hear some details on your mods was misconstrued as a zing about your choices in modding your Spyder, your gender or my ugly Spyder or the number of custom bikes men and women have of here? How in the hell did you even derive all that from just my one question. Have a nice day?

That snippy response puzzled me too. Looks like she was confused by your sig line. I think she owes you an apology. :dontknow: :lecturef_smilie:

Cheers,

Bruce

bjt
05-20-2009, 08:42 AM
That snippy response puzzled me too. Looks like she was confused by your sig line. I think she owes you an apology. :dontknow: :lecturef_smilie:

Cheers,

Bruce

I think (or I hope) there was just a misunderstanding. Regardless, I still really like Blackwidow74's Spyder and the no front fender look. :2thumbs:

Director
05-20-2009, 08:50 AM
I think (or I hope) there was just a misunderstanding. Regardless, I still really like Blackwidow74's Spyder and the no front fender look. :2thumbs:

Yes, it looks good. :thumbup:

Questions
05-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Man! I love the internet!

baldev
05-20-2009, 09:48 AM

Cheers,

Bruce

It is that time of the month thing :ohyea:

Firefly
05-20-2009, 09:52 AM
First off If you would pay attention, what man would ride a pink bike, or have a screen name Blackwidow74. I am a woman and if you had read my post last week when I posted all of the pictures of my custom spyder you would know that. It also said my fenders are being made. Don't hate because a womans bike looks better than yours. There are just as many women on here with custom bikes as men.

His line "Dude...you look like you just kissed your sister and found out Darth Vader is your dad."

Is part of his 'signature' or 'tag line' if you will and was not a personal message directed at you. :chill:

Nice looking pink Spyder.

FYI - the drag of your trailer will have just as much (if not more) to do with what MPG you get as compared to the total weight.

Dudley
05-20-2009, 10:04 AM

Well said. And how is your day?:yikes: She may have a complex about men/women and motorcycles. Who knows! I am like you, I think the Spyder looks nice, but I missed her "last week" posting about what she was doing with the Spyder. Oh well, so how is your Spyder doing? When you go back to Cycle and Ski, tell Brandon Hi for me. I bought the first bike he ever sold in 2003!

effgjamis
05-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Wow.... she lives up to the BlackWidow tradition. Make love then kill her man.:joke::joke::joke:

dltang
05-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Come on guys,
It appears she misread the signature line as part of the post, as others have pointed out. We all make mistakes. Don't make her feel unwelcome to come back. It seems that just lately people are more apt to "jump" on someone else than I have ever noticed here before. We should think before we type. How does it come across? would you want that typed or said to you? Is there a really good reason you are choosing to say something that may sound mean? If BlackWidow74 had multiple posts where she was blasting someone, then this reaction would be more understandable. That is not the case here. So let her have her say and give her chance. Thanks for listening to my rant guys.

BajaRon
05-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Ahh...It was the much misunderstood "Sig" line that got this one going.

We are all SpyderLover's (and mostly owner's) here. You just got to RELAX!

Dudley
05-20-2009, 04:36 PM
I cannot, for any reason see why the "Sig Line" would hve anything to do with her response. She answered his question in her own way. Up front and to her point. I can't see the reason for that in the least. Maybe she just had a "bad hair" day. But I do think that it would be nice of her is she would post again and explain her response, such as it was.

vt228
05-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Blackwidow74 don't let them razz you everyone nows Black Widows all ways Kill after they mate they should be scared of you lol .
that trailer is good looking and I want one so I can leave my big trailer home only carry one bike know let us no price range of that sweet trailer my deer are you going to Laconia in june let us no three of us are going gust airbrushed my spyder well post soon Don:2thumbs:

dltang
05-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Well said. And how is your day?:yikes: She may have a complex about men/women and motorcycles. Who knows! I am like you, I think the Spyder looks nice, but I missed her "last week" posting about what she was doing with the Spyder. Oh well, so how is your Spyder doing? When you go back to Cycle and Ski, tell Brandon Hi for me. I bought the first bike he ever sold in 2003!

Dudley, If you read her response, she thinks she is being called a guy and being insulted. She may not even be old enough to know that line is reference from the original Star Wars movies. She may have responded sharply but that is what the "sig line" has to do with it.

Go back and read the line, you will then see how maybe she is the one who felt jumped on first. It was a simple mistake.

Dudley
05-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Dudley, If you read her response, she thinks she is being called a guy and being insulted. She may not even be old enough to know that line is reference from the original Star Wars movies. She may have responded sharply but that is what the "sig line" has to do with it.

Go back and read the line, you will then see how maybe she is the one who felt jumped on first. It was a simple mistake.

I'll rest on that one.

Director
05-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Come on guys,
It appears she misread the signature line as part of the post, as others have pointed out. We all make mistakes. Don't make her feel unwelcome to come back. It seems that just lately people are more apt to "jump" on someone else than I have ever noticed here before. We should think before we type. How does it come across? would you want that typed or said to you? Is there a really good reason you are choosing to say something that may sound mean? If BlackWidow74 had multiple posts where she was blasting someone, then this reaction would be more understandable. That is not the case here. So let her have her say and give her chance. Thanks for listening to my rant guys.

Hey Deb, I agree wholeheartedly that we should think before we type. In fact, that is what most offended me about Blackwidow74's post. She was pretty quick on the flamethrower trigger. It wasn't me being flamed, but I thought her attack was completely out of line and so far out of left field she had left the ball park.
I stand by what I said before. In my opinion, she owes AMTJIM an explanation and an apology.
Bruce

dltang
05-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Hey Deb, I agree wholeheartedly that we should think before we type. In fact, that is what most offended me about Blackwidow74's post. She was pretty quick on the flamethrower trigger. It wasn't me being flamed, but I thought her attack was completely out of line and so far out of left field she had left the ball park.
I stand by what I said before. In my opinion, she owes AMTJIM an explanation and an apology.
Bruce

Bruce, I agree with you completely. She was too quick to jump and flame AMTJIM and she should apologize. I was only pointing out how she could have read it wrong, and then pointed out again about misreading the signature line. I don't mean to condone her or anyone else when they jump all over someone. I just find it interesting that if one person does get flamed, how many people want to jump on the band wagon and add fuel to the fire. Now, to quote Dudley "I'll rest on that one"

Director
05-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Bruce, I agree with you completely. She was too quick to jump and flame AMTJIM and she should apologize. I was only pointing out how she could have read it wrong, and then pointed out again about misreading the signature line. I don't mean to condone her or anyone else when they jump all over someone. I just find it interesting that if one person does get flamed, how many people want to jump on the band wagon and add fuel to the fire. Now, to quote Dudley "I'll rest on that one"

Amen to that Deb. I will too. :thumbup:

Bruce

Blackwidow74
05-20-2009, 10:14 PM

My apologies also, I should not have jumped to conclusions so fast. Hopefully my painter will have the rims done in a few weeks. SORRY again.

Dudley
05-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks, Blackwidow. Looking forward to seeing your Spyder in full bloom. We're in the same neck of the woods, I think, so hopefully we will meet one day. Happy Trails.

jimmar
05-21-2009, 12:22 AM
Okay, from a man who has been married to the same woman for 17 years I can tell you there is no way that men will ever understand the complexity of how woman work, woman will always think we are stupid, sometimes it works in our favour to let them think that is true. Hope this lightens things up.

Husband Store

A store that sells new husbands has opened in New York City , where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates:

You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors & the value of the products increase as the shopper ascends the flights. The shopper may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!
So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads:

Floor 1 - These men Have Jobs

She is intrigued, but continues to the second floor, where the sign reads:

Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids.

'That's nice,' she thinks, 'but I want more.'

So she continues upward. The third floor sign reads:

Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, and are Extremely Good Looking.

'Wow,' she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help With Housework.

'Oh, mercy me!' she exclaims, 'I can hardly stand it!'

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, Help with Housework, and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor, where the sign reads:

Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. (scroll and keep reading!)

PLEASE NOTE:

To avoid gender bias charges, the store's owner opened a New Wives store just across the street.

The first floor has wives that love sex.

The second floor has wives that love sex & have money & like beer.

The third, fourth, fifth and sixth floors have never been visited.

RubyRed
05-21-2009, 01:14 AM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: jimmar

Blackwidow74
05-21-2009, 05:52 AM
I like the trailer what deminsions is it? Looks like it fits the spyder nicely. I'm looking for something similar as my small truck only has a 2000lb towing copacity.

Go to swisstrailers.com to see if they have a dealer in your area.

bjt
05-21-2009, 06:41 AM
Blackwidow74, I'm curious what windshield you have on your Spyder and what does it say across the top?

BajaRon
05-21-2009, 07:25 AM
Blackwidow74, I'm curious what windshield you have on your Spyder and what does it say across the top?

Very Smooth! Lamont has got you titled accurately. :ohyea:

AMTJIM
05-21-2009, 08:25 AM
My apologies also, I should not have jumped to conclusions so fast. Hopefully my painter will have the rims done in a few weeks. SORRY again.
No problem:thumbup:

SpyderByter
05-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Okay, from a man who has been married to the same woman for 17 years I can tell you there is no way that men will ever understand the complexity of how woman work, woman will always think we are stupid, sometimes it works in our favour to let them think that is true. Hope this lightens things up.

Husband Store

A store that sells new husbands has opened in New York City , where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates:

You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors & the value of the products increase as the shopper ascends the flights. The shopper may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!
So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads:

Floor 1 - These men Have Jobs

She is intrigued, but continues to the second floor, where the sign reads:

Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids.

'That's nice,' she thinks, 'but I want more.'

So she continues upward. The third floor sign reads:

Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, and are Extremely Good Looking.

'Wow,' she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help With Housework.

'Oh, mercy me!' she exclaims, 'I can hardly stand it!'

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, Help with Housework, and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor, where the sign reads:

Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. (scroll and keep reading!)

PLEASE NOTE:

To avoid gender bias charges, the store's owner opened a New Wives store just across the street.

The first floor has wives that love sex.

The second floor has wives that love sex & have money & like beer.

The third, fourth, fifth and sixth floors have never been visited.

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Blackwidow74
05-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Its not the original windshield, its the one thats a little higher but it is from BRP. The sticker on the front says West Coast Spyder.com that is our website for the group. I am the President of the La Chapter.

Director
05-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Its not the original windshield, its the one thats a little higher but it is from BRP. The sticker on the front says West Coast Spyder.com that is our website for the group. I am the President of the La Chapter.

Was it your group that had the pics posted last year with Jay Leno? That was very cool. :doorag:

Bruce

Blackwidow74
05-22-2009, 05:28 AM
Was it your group that had the pics posted last year with Jay Leno? That was very cool. :doorag:

Bruce

Yes that was us, we are the La Chapter of West Coast Spyder. We now have 9 members in the La Chapter alone.

bjt
05-22-2009, 11:25 PM

Thanks. :thumbup: